Which Lucas ability gives flame sword effect?

Since I don't play Lucas (only use as companion), I'm not familiar with what graphic effect goes with what ability. I know the blue aura is the healing repose one since he casts it every time I switch him w/more stamina gear etc. but...

During a boss-fight, I heard a noise, there were graphic sparklies around me, & suddenly I had this flaming "sword" that moved around when I cast my fireballs. Looking at the video, Lucas apparently casts something that makes his sword all flame-y, and for some reason he gave it to me. Subsequent times he cast it I did NOT get the flame sword myself, so it must've been a brief glitch...but wondering which skill it is that he's using. I'm guessing Live By The Sword & that it only shows up in actual combat (no flame sword when he casts Repose in non-combat).

Thanks in advance for satisfying/humoring an idle inquiry. o:)

DS3-0000078a.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

What weapon do you have on? Judging by the fact your in the Halls of the Dead you might not have moved off the Lescanzi witch blade thing. That weapon has a rather sick fiery glow to it.

Edited by Chasted

Its not Lucas that do it but you with your Anjali second defensive ability "Ignite: Anjali will set her weapon ablaze increasing its damage per second. When used empowered, it would set ablaze the weapons of all party members".

No, it's certainly not the blazing weapon, that has an entirely different vfx. Nor is it a weapon glow.

I can tell you that I don't get it playing Lucas at Gunderic Manor with 2 points in Live by the sword. Lucas the companion does get it at leas from The first Jeyne fight onward and he starts regaining health when the sword is glowing that way. That's the explanation of my previous post.

Edited by Sabotin

I do not use Ignite nor does Lucas (or Anjali) have any Empowered defensive ability at this time. I think I have 3 "points" in Live by the Sword, it's not maxed. I've been going for high clvl gains (grinding a bit) so we're lvl 14 during this fight and Lucas' Repose is getting close to Mastery - but it's not there yet.

It did occur to me I might have accidentally pressed the ignite hotkey, but I'm not casting anything but the normal attack 'mini-fireball' and in the video you can see that when I gain the weird effect, I'm not in Defensive stance mode nor do I lose no focus or Power Orb until I cast Jackal not long after. It's definitely Lucas casting it since he does it other times during the fight, w/the sparklies around him etc. Watching the vid again, at another point in the fight I can see the blue glow/Repose has worn off (no blue glow), he casts it again/blue glow & flaming sword come back. So perhaps the glitch is that Repose is showing the full Live By The Sword effect + Empowered even tho neither are maxed yet.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's not a glitch, Lucas' third defensive ability does this, can't remember the name, but it's super awesome as it let's him constantly regain focus. Combine it with lots of enemies and blade dash = teh lulz

It's a glitch for my character to have it when Lucas defensive ability is not Mastered/Empowered. :shifty: