Keymapping

I am left handed using a keyboard and mouse. Mouse in left hand. Keyboard under right hand. Not being able to remap the keys is a gamestopper for me. For fun: Try using your right hand to press spacebar, q, and 1 in rapid succession. Oh, and be ready on the AWSD. Ung.

When's patch expected to fix this flaw?

I am left handed using a keyboard and mouse. Mouse in left hand. Keyboard under right hand. Not being able to remap the keys is a gamestopper for me. For fun: Try using your right hand to press spacebar, q, and 1 in rapid succession. Oh, and be ready on the AWSD. Ung.

When's patch expected to fix this flaw?

I agree. I this point I am grading it one less on the 1-10 scale, it would be a solid 7 but it's just a 6 without keymapping.

10 - The game starts here because I love the game and Obsidian.

9 - -1 for horrible camera angles

8 - -1 for no NEW GAME+

7 - -1 for stupid bad multiplayer and horrid MP scaling (casual = single player hardcore?wth?)

6 - -1 for no remapping of the keys

I'll have to add my voice here too in wondering about this.... I think the gameplay is pretty sweet (and I am also a hardcore DS1 and DS2 fan), but not being able to remap the keys for comfort is aggravating me so much that I've had to stop playing the game in order to keep from getting too frustrated and turned off to play it anymore. In the meantime, I guess I'll play F.E.A.R. 3, but I'd REALLY like to be playing DS3 right now, so I hope the patch will be soon.

"Alien"

Devs have said they want to put this in the next patch. ETA is unknown, as you'd expect for patches.

Excellent. I'll be checking back every few days for the patch. Until then ds3 gathers dust. I suppose I do need to weed the lawn... It looks awful. Can't wait to play tho, this game looks fun.

It is fun! But I'm the kinda gamer that can adapt to poor keymapping to play a game that is worth the frustration. But I will be the first to admit that the FIRST THING I do in a game is go into options and remap keys. So why a developer like Obsidian would leave this out of a game with such fast paced action with tons of keys (buttons) being pressed throughout battles... is well, beyond my comprehension.

IT'S A REQUIREMENT IN TODAY'S GAME INDUSTRY TO INCLUDE KEYMAPPING IN A GAME ON RELEASE DAY. This is for any developer who might happen upon this message. BTW I am a game developer, in college for... game development. So for all you "Old Dogs" you need to learn some new tricks before us "New Bloods" come up and take your jobs from you for incompetence in your field.

Just sayin'

Leaving out NEW GAME+ and Keymapping in this game are the two biggest mistakes Obsidian has made with this title in my eyes. Both are fixable, unlike that train-wreck DA2 from BioWare.

Just for the record I would love to program for Obsidian, but dread the idea of taking a job with BioWare.

Just adding in my extreme longing for this patch. I *finally* got the hang of the controls, sort of, about 20 hours in, though I hardly ever used abilities. What's really killing me is "F" for inventory, and "X" for quests. I'm hammering away at the keys in the middle of being surrounded by mobs, and--crap!-- the inventory screen opens. Or the quest screen when I'm trying to back away. :)

It didn't stop me from playing the game or having a lot of fun with it, but I did more than my share of cussing.

Can't wait for this, PC controls are perfect except for one thing, SHIFT for empowered abilities, it is the worst possible key to use them effectively, it is in fact near impossible to use them now.

If they only had put ALT or F for empowered abilities.

I'm gonna take a break from the game until this is released so I can use empowered abilities effectively. It's really strange that someone didn't notice that SHIFT is the worst key to choose for this, instead of ALT or F.