DS3 Multiplayer over Steam

Bobby

Question

My wife and me are trying to play DS3 through Steam. I'm starting a new game or loading an existing one, go to Multiplayer choose public or private, click to invite my wife, she gets the invite clicks and after the game has loaded for some time gets the message "connection to the host failed".

We get this message repeatedly. Only once it worked ...

Any suggestions?

We're running Vista with actual service pack installed, firewalls are turned off.

10 answers to this question

My wife and me are trying to play DS3 through Steam. I'm starting a new game or loading an existing one, go to Multiplayer choose public or private, click to invite my wife, she gets the invite clicks and after the game has loaded for some time gets the message "connection to the host failed".

Any suggestions?

We're running Vista with actual service pack installed, firewalls are turned off.

Make sure that the person who invites the other to the game is actually in game. Not looking at inventory, abilities etc. We had this problem today with Bendu. That's all I have :sorcerer:

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

I had this problem to played with a friend for 3-4 hours no problems took a break quit the game...

after that he cant join my game or any other games i could join some games but got cant connect to host afew times...

also some random ppl could join my game...

Tried reinstalling the game to no awail also turned off all firewalls etc etc

really hope someone knows a solution to this

Any suggestions?

Are either of you behind a router?

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Any suggestions?

Are either of you behind a router?

Yes, we're running the game from behind a router. I checked router settings, firewall settings, turned UPNP off as suggested in some other forum, but no chance. We only had the chance to play once for a couple of hourse. Ever since that first time we can not play :fdevil:

If that problem persists I'll claim my money back. I'm not going to pay 80

Edited by Bobby

Yes, we're running the game from behind a router. I checked router settings, firewall settings, turned UPNP off as suggested in some other forum, but no chance. We only had the chance to play once for a couple of hourse. Ever since that first time we can not play :)

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Yes, we're running the game from behind a router. I checked router settings, firewall settings, turned UPNP off as suggested in some other forum, but no chance. We only had the chance to play once for a couple of hourse. Ever since that first time we can not play :)

alittle update on my problem...

Played with a friend for 4 hours today and i lost internett for a sec and after that he couldent join me or anyone else anymore...

seems like a problem with the games multiplayer...

Any suggestions?

If your wife is getting the message, go to Multiplayer and select offline mode, then choose public or private again and invite your wife. That's what I did yesterday... besides inviting your wife. :wub:

Excluding network problems (router, firewall ... etc.)

other suggestions?

I can't even play in lan! The error generated is: incompatible version! :p

After long research in the internet I found a page describing applications which interfere with Steam. Amongst those is Spybot Search & Destroy. I deactivated the SD process and then I could connect, but ... when I invite my wife she is repeatedly ending up in a completely different game than the one I am hosting.

This along with the totally inacceptable Multiplayer mode, the PC controls and the stoneage shared camera view makes me regret my decision to buy the game. Unfortunately this game looks like a piece of software rushed out of the door without much thinking.