Trying to use gamepad on PC what am I doing wrong?

Sacrosanct

Question

Hi all. I can't play this game using mouse and keyboard the controls are abysmal. I've plugged in my Saitek gamepad which works with other games but on the main menu I go into options, choose gamepad support, click apply and come out but the game doesn't save it. I go back into options and gamepad support is unticked again. There is nowhere else in the game to choose gamepad support and the ini file says control = gamepad. I tried the 360 emulator mentioned elsewhere on this forum but that doesn't work either because the game simply won't let me choose gamepad support.

Any ideas? Help appreciated.

2 answers to this question

Others have reported that your gamepad does work with the x360ce emulator linked to in the FAQ, or even other tools. For that particular emulator, make sure that you run the .exe, configure the keys correctly, and also move to the second tab and select 'gamepad' in the drop-down menu. If this is not done the game will not recognise your controller - and when it doesn't recognise one, it won't let you select Gamepad Support.

Others have reported that your gamepad does work with the x360ce emulator linked to in the FAQ, or even other tools. For that particular emulator, make sure that you run the .exe, configure the keys correctly, and also move to the second tab and select 'gamepad' in the drop-down menu. If this is not done the game will not recognise your controller - and when it doesn't recognise one, it won't let you select Gamepad Support.

Thanks for the reply. I've just spent forever messing around with it. It recognises the controller now but no matter what I do I can't chance perspective in the game, i.e. I can't 'swivel' the camera so I am facing the direction I am heading in. I want one stick to move with and another to control which way I'm facing is this even possible? Also, it keeps randomly switching to menus using controls that previously did something else.

Man, should it really be this difficult to play a game? lol. I don't think it's a good idea to move this to the tech forum either since literally anyone playing the game on PC is really going to hate these problems I feel this should be open discussion not 'hidden' away so if anyone comes up with easy workarounds to this problem everyone can see it. A lot of people won't think to search a tech forum just to find an acceptable way of moving around in the game let's face it we kind of take these things for granted in ANY other game.