Voice Echos in Multiplayer (PC, non-local)

SirMoogie

Question

When playing in multiplayer networked the character and NPC voices produce an echo. It is as if the game is registering the voice events from the other PCs connected and having my PC replay the sounds. This produces an awful playing experience where the characters will repeat what they've said shortly after just saying it (sometimes softer). This problem is not unique to my setup. I play with two others who have different set ups and they have the same problem. We play through Steam.

Edited by SirMoogie

4 answers to this question

When playing in multiplayer networked the character and NPC voices produce an echo. It is as if the game is registering the voice events from the other PCs connected and having my PC replay the sounds. This produces an awful playing experience where the characters will repeat what they've said shortly after just saying it (sometimes softer). This problem is not unique to my setup. I play with two others who have different set ups and they have the same problem. We play through Steam.

I'm not sure if I can help with this problem without sounding sarcastic, but I'll try. One solution should be to get your friends and yourself to turn off the speakers and use a pair of headphones. Problem should be solved after that. Otherwise, you and your friends will have to adjust your speaker volume and positioning relative to your mic and hope for the best. Maybe check your sound settings to see if there's some echo cancellation available that might also reduce it.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

I'm not sure if I can help with this problem without sounding sarcastic, but I'll try. One solution should be to get your friends and yourself to turn off the speakers and use a pair of headphones. Problem should be solved after that. Otherwise, you and your friends will have to adjust your speaker volume and positioning relative to your mic and hope for the best. Maybe check your sound settings to see if there's some echo cancellation available that might also reduce it.

Oh, silly, if that were the problem we'd have tried that. We are not in the same room, let alone the same house. The echoed voices are definitively coming from my machine. None of us are using microphones to communicate. We use text based communication.

Edited by SirMoogie

I Guess it the same thing as happened to me before Steam see your Sound card output as a microphone input if so do this should fix it.

Go into steam view setting and change the voice "when voice chat is active" from when ever I speak to "Use Key to transmit" and leave as none or change it to some key you need move.

I Guess it the same thing as happened to me before Steam see your Sound card output as a microphone input if so do this should fix it.

Go into steam view setting and change the voice "when voice chat is active" from when ever I speak to "Use Key to transmit" and leave as none or change it to some key you need move.

Thanks this fixed our problem. :shifty: