Tale, you aren't a moderator you shouldn't being.. oh, wait, you are. :)

Guess that since I'm doing round-ups on GameBanshee I can post a couple of reviews here and stay on-topic.

Negative stuff:

CrunchGear, scoreless.

Honest Gamers, 4.

Positive stuff:

Softpedia, 7.5.

Raiding Party, 7.

Blistered Thumbs, 7.

Very mixed reception overall.

I think this game is pretty good... it has alot of good points but also quite a few bad points which kills the games longevity..

Good points

1. Fun and exciting fighting style

2. Very nice looking effects and world

3. Interesting story line

4. Entertaining boss fights

5. Many varied ways to build characters

Bad points

1. Multi player in general (camera, no carrying across your own online toon, no continuated play option)

2. Very short single player campagin

3. Absolutely no challenge on normal but heroic is abit more challenging (especially some high end boss fights)

So in summary very fun and good looking game but too short with bad co op and no longevity for the game.

"As factual as your opinion about Alpha Protocol that you never even played? r00fles!!"

I played AP. I justs topped playing it as I don't finish crappy game games.

re DA2 dialogue wheel and choices: It had mroe than 3 options and there were multiple ways to complete quests. Anyone who says otherwise is flat out lying.

"Positive stuff:

Softpedia, 7.5.

Raiding Party, 7.

Blistered Thumbs, 7."

These are positive? Not in 2011. L0L I remember when BIO was getting 7s and 8s for DA2 people were claiming BIO was doomed.. of coruse, DA2 has sold 2mil+ copies. R00fles!

P.S. I day closer to me buying DS3. :ermm:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"As factual as your opinion about Alpha Protocol that you never even played? r00fles!!"

I played AP. I justs topped playing it as I don't finish crappy game games.

Sorry, I forgot that you actually played for 2 hours....

Hate the living, love the dead.

Guys! Guys ... listen. I wasn't trying to hit on DA2, nor on DA's graphics in general. I just find that DA2 can look and does look, most of the time, far worse than DS3. That is in terms of environments and art style, at least. That should count for something in GT, as they don't just judge graphics, but rather 'presentation' as in the overal look of the game. I'm not going to judge DA2 on anything else, it is basically uncomparable to DS3.

It's just that, reading the review, I have the impression that GT maybe played the game with one character, maybe once, at casual difficulty tops and tried the online co-op once. I just get the idea that a lot of reviewers played the game once and then, hastily, put a review out, just so they can claim 'first'.

That being said, Obs, I got a bitter taste of wanting more. I know it's a little less than too soon to ask, but are there any future plans for DS3?

I'm sure the last thread spiraling into a discussion about the merits of Dragon Age 2 was not in any way, shape or form damage control over Dungeon Siege 3's mixed critical reception. stwoo2.png

I suppose Obsidian is exempt from making bad games, to the point that its fans will ignore the reception for Dungeon Siege 3 and still bring up the failure that was Dragon Age 2 whenever they can, as a mark of embarrassment for BioWare ( which they should, but I doubt most would have actually played it ). jep.png

Chris Avellone and some of the others are still talented no doubt; I'd just wish they'd get their act together -- maybe work on smaller projects or something. Their talent is going to waste as it is, anyway.

Edited by JabbaDaHutt30

I actually think DS3 is a GREAT game. I think it's a stellar effort, and MUCH better then DA2 overall.

I don't think it's a DS game as per what came before it, and I completely understand why DS fanboys are PEEVED. In fact, what we've seen here is minor compared to what I would expect after playing DS3 and having been a DS fan myself. I'd have thought the forums would be overwhelmed with their rage to the point where you wouldn't be able to keep up with hte posts.

I also think they seriously need to come out with something to repair MP. The camera issue is pretty bad in my opinion. I LOVE the fact that you can play with a buddy at your side in the same room, but other aspects in MP, such as online or otherwise, cripple it to a degree. I'd want MP to be at the top of their list to repair...errr...I mean adapt to better aid those who have difficulties with it. AKA...enemies I can't reach or hit since they are off screen and I can't get to them off screen as they are attacking me.

Graphics wise DS3 looks BETTER than DA2 in my opinion. You don't have aliens...errr...elves that look like aliens, nor do you have the same town graphics re-used 3 times in row to try to make it a "longer" game.

I don't see DS3 as a bad game at all. I actually think the SP portion of DS3 is really good, better than many games out there.

It's how they handled the MP portion, and the feel of the game in relation to the gameplay of other DS games that are giving it a bad rap from many...but definately NOT a bad game by any shot.

I don't think it's a DS game as per what came before it, and I completely understand why DS fanboys are PEEVED. In fact, what we've seen here is minor compared to what I would expect after playing DS3 and having been a DS fan myself. I'd have thought the forums would be overwhelmed with their rage to the point where you wouldn't be able to keep up with hte posts.

I can understand some of the anger but come on folks, there was a demo and multiple previews. It was obvious that this game wasn't going to be like the previous ones, something I think is a good thing.

Lots of words

No

On the pure notion that it was only one guy who really brought the DA2 argument up. Furthermore said guy did it only regarding graphics. Otherwise this board is/was relativly clean with stuff like that. Even from Fanboys.

Edit: Actually I have seen similiar comparison seen before here but they weren't brought up by us fanboys. Rather the ones who compared them that DSIII was to DS was just as bad as DAII was to DA.

Edited by C2B

I actually think DS3 is a GREAT game. I think it's a stellar effort, and MUCH better then DA2 overall.

I actually think the SP portion of DS3 is really good, better than many games out there.

QFT.

Alright, why didn't we have this as the manual?

Aye, that would have been nice. But seems to be the current trend that publishers almost getting rid of manuals completely...

Hate the living, love the dead.

I remember when I bought Fallout 1 brand new from the shop. The manual was incredible and very detailed. Its cool to save on paper and everything but why don't developers make a really cool interactive PDF or something similar that comes with the software. Perferably something you could open up in game and out of game and just read. A real in depth explaantion of the rulesystem and game mechancis ... extended tutorial type information could be included as well for new players. Give us the same attention to detail and care as the old games but just put it in digital form if the paper is an issue.

Heh it's funny and sad at the same time, everyone say that the gaming industry evolved so much and bla bla but we still talk about games like Kotor II, Diablo, NwN, Baldurs Gate and so on...something is wrong! And most of the forums are full of phrases such "consoled games" but if those people would just think for 5 minutes maybe they will realize that in the past years the Multi-Platform trend just rose and if you check the market devs stooped caring for games from a very,very long time ago. Do the consoles stop devs to make a game manual? Do the consoles stop devs to create a map more complex then some roads? There are different problems in this industry and community because the mass accepted this treatment, paying for half finished games, bugs, etc and after buying tons of DLC.

Edited by Sasha_Je

Firaxis is doing that. The manual you get with the game is very different from the manual you can download. They even update the downloadable manual, if stats are changing. And Creative Assemblys Shogun 2 has an ingame encyclopedia, which explains the game mechanics a lot of better than the manuel. Coincidentally, you will not find game guides from a third party for this games.