Supposing MP changes were possible...

Any changes which are proposed would be too late for me to want to play the game again.

I have to say, I feel cheated in the lack of a persistent co-op option, which was the reason why I purchased the game and convinced a load of friends to pick this title up.

Their choices in co-op have made me want to trade this in and just dissuade anyone else I know to avoid picking this title up.

I couldn't see were to reply, but on further investigation of this game, I found this which sums it up completely for me;

i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg

thats awesome...obsidian deserves every shot thats taken at them over the mp..i hope now they truly regret the decision to do it the way they did..

Just my take, but from what I've played, the MP isn't nearly as bad as some folks are making it out to be. The fact the characters are "tethered" is certainly an issue, but it hasn't seemed that big a deal so far. Maybe at higher levels it gets worse, but I was playing earlier with a friend at around level 6 or 7, and it's not that much an issue.

If they could do something about the tethering thing, that's pretty much my only real complaint about MP. I don't really care that I can't carry my character over from SP into MP. And since I only play with my friends, we just keep a save for our MP game and only play that save when we're both online, thus our characters remain as we built them.

After playing a good bit more this is what i've come to realize. The problems aforementioned are just minor problems. The camera could use tweaking, but its not something that requires a total overhaul.

From my very few programming experiences, camera angles and things like lighting are tangible objects that can be easily altered once the game world already exists. So if its as simple as changing some code and moving an object a bit, I don't see why the camera can't be tweaked. Basically it just needs to be altered so you retain the single player camera, and not force you to see what your partner is doing. Tethering to the same area is fine, just don't force us to have to see our buddy.

But as my other thread states, my official request list is A: Tweak MP loot to balance out characters in MP, B: Tweak the camera, C: New Game+. I really want this game to continue, and i'd love to run through its lengthy campaign on an even harder difficulty with my mastered character (not to mention having even more epic loot).

Patch in those 3 things, and this game gets a 9.5/10, possibly a perfect score from me as I can't find anything else wrong with it. (Oh and its gorgeous on the Xbox, and the controls are flawless).

Just my take, but from what I've played, the MP isn't nearly as bad as some folks are making it out to be. The fact the characters are "tethered" is certainly an issue, but it hasn't seemed that big a deal so far. Maybe at higher levels it gets worse, but I was playing earlier with a friend at around level 6 or 7, and it's not that much an issue.

If they could do something about the tethering thing, that's pretty much my only real complaint about MP. I don't really care that I can't carry my character over from SP into MP. And since I only play with my friends, we just keep a save for our MP game and only play that save when we're both online, thus our characters remain as we built them.

After playing a good bit more this is what i've come to realize. The problems aforementioned are just minor problems. The camera could use tweaking, but its not something that requires a total overhaul.

From my very few programming experiences, camera angles and things like lighting are tangible objects that can be easily altered once the game world already exists. So if its as simple as changing some code and moving an object a bit, I don't see why the camera can't be tweaked. Basically it just needs to be altered so you retain the single player camera, and not force you to see what your partner is doing. Tethering to the same area is fine, just don't force us to have to see our buddy.

But as my other thread states, my official request list is A: Tweak MP loot to balance out characters in MP, B: Tweak the camera, C: New Game+. I really want this game to continue, and i'd love to run through its lengthy campaign on an even harder difficulty with my mastered character (not to mention having even more epic loot).

Patch in those 3 things, and this game gets a 9.5/10, possibly a perfect score from me as I can't find anything else wrong with it. (Oh and its gorgeous on the Xbox, and the controls are flawless).

With you there. I'm coming up to the end now, and feeling a bit gutted that my mega Lucas will have no further use! :(

Any changes which are proposed would be too late for me to want to play the game again.

I have to say, I feel cheated in the lack of a persistent co-op option, which was the reason why I purchased the game and convinced a load of friends to pick this title up.

Their choices in co-op have made me want to trade this in and just dissuade anyone else I know to avoid picking this title up.

I couldn't see were to reply, but on further investigation of this game, I found this which sums it up completely for me;

i-B2C3Rr8-L.jpg

thats awesome...obsidian deserves every shot thats taken at them over the mp..i hope now they truly regret the decision to do it the way they did..

"Together we're stonger. But it's more fun on your own."

I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or even DLC. Dungeon Siege 3 is ranked 53 on Amazon's Xbox 360 top sellers list. I didn't check the other SKU's ... guess I should.

Here's the rankings for DS3 from Amazon:

Xbox 360 - #53

PS3 - #50

PC DOWNLOADS - DEMO is #1 on downloads . FULL GAME is # 13 on downloads.

PC DISC RETAIL - #24

The above is from Amazon.com (the North American market) June 26, 2011.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

I wouldn't hold my breath for any big changes or even DLC. Dungeon Siege 3 is ranked 53 on Amazon's Xbox 360 top sellers list. I didn't check the other SKU's ... guess I should.

Here's the rankings for DS3 from Amazon:

Xbox 360 - #53

PS3 - #50

PC DOWNLOADS - DEMO is #1 on downloads . FULL GAME is # 13 on downloads.

PC DISC RETAIL - #24

The above is from Amazon.com (the North American market) June 26, 2011.

I'm not banking on anything until we hear from the devs. Sounds like they're working on patching the PC at the moment.