Kill Bill uncut

Mr. Teatime

I bought the DVD of kill bill and was disappointed to see the crazy 88 scene was still in black and white. So I downloaded the japanese version, and it's so much better seeing the whole thing in colour.... there are also extended scenes elsewhere in the movie, like when sophie is in the car at the end her other arm is chopped off. Why was all this censored in the western versions of the movie?

I heard Quentin Tarantino say, during an interview, that american film goers have a hard time with the color red. And for that reason, he shot a lot of scenes that were kind of gory in black and white. Anyhow, maybe that is the reason?

He could secretly loathe us.

When Tarantino mentioned that there was more on Sophie's deformation in the japansese version. I was thinking the Bride cut off her breasts or something sick like that. (not that cutting off the other arm isn't)

I bought the DVD of kill bill and was disappointed to see the crazy 88 scene was still in black and white. So I downloaded the japanese version, and it's so much better seeing the whole thing in colour.... there are also extended scenes elsewhere in the movie, like when sophie is in the car at the end her other arm is chopped off. Why was all this censored in the western versions of the movie?

It was edited/changed in the US release so he can release a special edition later no doubt.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I heard Quentin Tarantino say, during an interview, that american film goers have a hard time with the color red. And for that reason, he shot a lot of scenes that were kind of gory in black and white. Anyhow, maybe that is the reason?

Hmmm, I heard he original shot everything in color but the House of Blue Leaves scene was just too bloody for an R righting so they had to tame it with black and white. (or something to that effect)

• 3 weeks later...

Um yes it was most likely in black in white because that scene was a tad violent for american theaters.But have no fear Tarintino is releasing a special edition which should have the fight scene in color around christmas time.

The problem with buying an Uber-uncut DVD of Kill Bill is two-fold.

1). You'll have a really lengthy movie that doesn't flow. Watching parts 1 and 2, I can't imagine these were once the same movie. The pacing, dialogue, tone and direction are very different.

2). QT's ego is insanely inflated as is. The guy is a pretty decent director, but he's also a huge plagurist, horrible actor and a jerk. I admit Resevior Dogs and Kill Bill are both good movies, but people need to stop worshipping the ground QT walks on.