This game is missing instructions - (Youtube video inside)

Might be my playstyle but I don't worry about much while playing it but if you wanted an explanation it would only go down as "Game Mechanics, that's why."

If you don't bother with things like that then you come accross as a terrible gamer. If something is in a game it's there for a reason, and any player that doesn't question things that don't have explanation should maybe take a look at how they play games and realize they are actually missing the full gaming interaction.

Or that Breastplate was literally Breastplate; a piece of plat armor with a lot of room for boobies.

Maybe it's just me but a piece of breastplate armor is simply to protect ones torso, and it's usually made up of light to medium armor. A fighter can wear light, medium and heavy armor. So the fact that I was not able to equip a piece of armor my character is supposed to be able to use without any form of explanation why, should be questioned and don't bother trying to say that is not a legitimate issue or that it was explained.

I mean seriously, any player that plays a warrior/fighter in a game that doesn't question why a warrior/fighter cannot wear a piece of armor they are supposed to be able to wear, is clearly not playing the game correctly.

Edited by tx3000

Might be my playstyle but I don't worry about much while playing it but if you wanted an explanation it would only go down as "Game Mechanics, that's why."

If you don't bother with things like that then you come accross as a terrible gamer. If something is in a game it's there for a reason, and any player that doesn't question things that don't have explanation should maybe take a look at how they play games and realize they are actually missing the full gaming interaction.

Or that Breastplate was literally Breastplate; a piece of plat armor with a lot of room for boobies.

Maybe it's just me but a piece of breastplate armor is simply to protect ones torso, and it's usually made up of light to medium armor. A fighter can wear light, medium and heavy armor. So the fact that I was not able to equip a piece of armor my character is supposed to be able to use without any form of explanation why, should be questioned and don't bother trying to say that is not a legitimate issue or that it was explained.

I mean seriously, any player that plays a warrior/fighter in a game that doesn't question why a warrior/fighter cannot wear a piece of armor they are supposed to be able to wear, is clearly not playing the game correctly.

Maybe to you. To me, the people who ask why their warrior/fighter can't wear/equip all items and refuse the reason "Game mechanics, that's why" come down as pedantic and are actively finding reasons why to make fun of the game. There are some things that should be explained, as you pointed out earlier a better explanation of the mastery bar but there are others like wearing armor that just comes down as "Why is this pencil not in a straight line like the others?"

So if a game sets up some rules, and I abide by those rules, I'm playing the game wrong.

Preventing a warrior/fighter from wearing a piece of armor they are supposed to be able to wear is not abiding by any rule in any game...Armor in all games do not work like that. The fact that you didn't even bother to question, why a normal every day function of all games could not be done in this one, shows what type of gamer you really are.

Maybe to you. To me, the people who ask why their warrior/fighter can't wear/equip all items and refuse the reason "Game mechanics, that's why" come down as pedantic and are actively finding reasons why to make fun of the game.

It's not a game mechanic when it totally goes against what a character class is supposed to be able to do never mind without an explanation as to why.

I'm seriously starting to wonder about gamers these days...they totally make uop every single excuse and try and make logic out of things that don't even belong. But what really geets me is how gamers these days don't see what is wrong with a normal function not being able to be used, especially without any for of valid explanation.

As far as gaming goes, a warrior always has and always will be able to wear light, med, and heavy armor, that is what the're class type is, always has been always will be, if a restriction has been placed on something that is normally supposed to be allowed without an explanation then that aspect is clearly broken. and the fact that no one bothers to question or think that there is absolutely nothing wrong with pulling that, shows that todays gamers really do not have any comprehension as to how games and classes and things like that really work...They just go along not even thinking twice, about this totally broken aspect and that it's programmed incorrectly.

Go play D&D or soe other RPG class and armor system game that has up to date current rules, and then see if a warrior/fighter is not allowed to wear a piece of armor.

The bottom line is this, what is happening in this game totally goes against how this class works in every game ever made. You people really need to start realizing that the games you're playing aren't being properly played with system set-ups like this in fact you people don't even realize how much different the game would actually be if the norm wasn't broken.

So far there is no other game in existence that I have played or found (And I've played over 15000 games) that will not allow a warrior/fighter to wear a breastplate....not one game. The fact that I cannot wear one in DS III but can in any other game, shows something.

Edited by tx3000

It's not a game mechanic when it totally goes against what a character class is supposed to be able to do never mind without an explanation as to why.

What exactly is Lucas' character class? It isn't exactly stated in the game apart from his name; are you just giving him the "class" of warrior as an assumption? I can't find any reference of the game calling him a specific class so are you getting this from somewhere else?

Also, where does this game say "The Lucas class can wear any type of armor he wishes"?

What exactly is Lucas' character class? It isn't exactly stated in the game apart from his name; are you just giving him the "class" of warrior as an assumption? I can't find any reference of the game calling him a specific class so are you getting this from somewhere else?

Where do I begin and which resource would you like here are a few:

First 10 min of Lucas game play this video goes over it in his intro, his background in the game, plus hee is legion and all legion members are warriors.. Perhapse you missed that in the story line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnDgNfM3zjY

Also here are a few other things that state what he is:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/lucas-ch...on-siege/712397

Scroll down to Main characters in this link and under Player characters it explains this as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon_Siege...ayer_characters

Also, where does this game say "The Lucas class can wear any type of armor he wishes"?

it doesn't need to say it in the game, the fact that Lucus is a warrior/fighter, says it all. maybe you're forgetting or simply do not understand how warriors/fighters class are designed so let me give you some insight. A Warrior class in any game ever made on the face of this planet can always wear any armor type always have been and always will be able to because that's how a warrior/fighter clas is designed.

That's how I know and the exact reason why I said what i said. So again trying to argue a point that you cannot argue on is useless.

no offense but since you even had to ask that, perhapse you don't know as much about games as you think you do.

Edited by tx3000

Those videos do not state him as a "Warrior" or anything that could be called a "class" whatsoever so that's still an assumption and "A warrior class in any game ... can always wear any armor type..."; that also just sounds like an assumption to me.

Those videos do not state him as a "Warrior" or anything that could be called a "class" whatsoever so that's still an assumption and "A warrior class in any game ... can always wear any armor type..."; that also just sounds like an assumption to me.

Yes they do it's called Lucas has been trained with Sword and Shield and two handed swords, Only one class type in any game ever made on the face of this planet can use a two handed sword, and that is a warrior and you know that. The fact that numerous times it says Lucas is trained in sword and shield and two handed swords says right there wher he is.

I suggest you go read up on what defines classes in games and realize you clearly do not belong participating in this thread if you don't even know what makes up a warrior class as well as a warrior not having an armor restriction then ry to say it's nothing more than an assumption that warriors can wear any armor type.

you trying to say it's an assumption about a warrior being able to wear any type of armor is saying every game on the face of this planet ever made whose rules are written out and has become a cornerstone of the warrior class and it's definiation, doesn't know what a warrior is and that in any game ever made so far to this date has armor a warrior cannot wear.

As I said i've played over 15,000 games (MMO, MMORPG, first person, hack and slash, you name it, and every single game I've ever played where there is a character that can use a two handed sword is a warrior and in all those games the warrior can wear any type of armor.

Please go try and say it's al an assumption when it's been embeded into every game ever made.

You really need to go read up on class systems before continuing in this discussion because you clearly have no clue about what is going on.

Edited by tx3000

Doesn't change the fact that your assuming Lucas is a "warrior" class (When the game itself does not say it) and your assuming that warriors can wear any type of armor.

So despite lucas being legion, despite he can use two handed swords, despite the fact that all legionairs in histroy that can use two handed swords are warriors, and despite the fact that all warriors in history being able to wear any armor type you're still going to say and try and argue, what is a reality about warriors and what defines them is a mear assumption?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior_(character_class)

At the bottom it says:

Warriors appear in many roleplaying games: and it lists these

EverQuest

The Elder Scrolls

Guild Wars

Lineage II

MapleStory

RuneScape

Diablo

Swords and Serpents

But apparently those games according to you don't have warriors/fighters and it's all assumed.

You're saying that all those are wrong.

And finally you're saying the game doesn't outright state he is a warrior when it does in fact say he is a warrior

1. Legion = Warrior

2. Trained in using a two handed Sword = Warrior

those are all different ways to say warrior/fighter.

The facts i've presented with the links to all the definitions and games ever made support this. So you can try to say it's an assumption but i've already proved it's fact just simply by real life history and in game history as well.

Edited by tx3000

Yep, despite all that it's still an assumption that Lucas is defined as a warrior. Until the game or some other source actually says "Class: Warrior" or "Class: Legionnaire that isn't prone to cross-dressing" it will stay an assumption.

Edit: Sorry, presumption. That, however, does not mean it's true... And the whole cross-dressing thing.

Edited by Chasted

Yep, despite all that it's still an assumption that Lucas is defined as a warrior. Until the game or some other source actually says "Class: Warrior" or "Class: Legionnaire that isn't prone to cross-dressing" it will stay an assumption.

I gave you about 4 other sources (Between video, history, the wiki, youtube, and about 90 other games that all outright state he is a warrior.

And you saying that even though all the other sources all say what a warrior is defined as, as well as what their class type can wear, you're telling everyone else and the entire history throughout existence is nothing more than an assumption.

Another thing I wanted to bring up is that by your logic, a rapier is not a sword because it doesn't outright say the word sword right on it, so it's only assumed it's a sword even though throughout history and games and counteless other sources and blacksmiths thoughout the world, all say it's a sword, you'll say they are assuuming that, and history is wrong..

Edited by tx3000

Presumption, no matter how often you say otherwise it's a presumption until it's been proven. All those sources you gave me does not state he is a warrior; merely trained in the arts of combat/the skills of the legion.

Plus; it's a game mechanic. Why does it need an explaination? Thinking about it; it's more than just a "game mechanic"; Lucas refuses to wear armor designed for a female. The "breastplate" armor is for the Fire Bug (Who is a woman); I doubt the armor has that "fits all genders/gets skimpier on woman" game mechanic magic on it.

Plus; it's a game mechanic. Why does it need an explaination? Thinking about it; it's more than just a "game mechanic"; Lucas refuses to wear armor designed for a female. The "breastplate" armor is for the Fire Bug (Who is a woman); I doubt the armor has that "fits all genders/gets skimpier on woman" game mechanic magic on it.

I'ts clear you have zero conception on what anything is

I'll clear this up for you really quickly, a warrior/fighter in this sense is anyone that can use a two handed sword this is a solid fact throught gaming history as well as real history

You also clearly don't have any comprehension between a game mechanic and a class specification/trait is. So I'll clear that up for you really fast too:

Armor and items are not game mechanics, A game mechanic would be casting spells, choosing dialog, the fighting moves and things like that.

You have now proved by your last few replies that you clearly do not know much of anything, and are just throwing up random sentences because you cannot think of anything else to do, so as of this point, until you can learn what you're talking about You really need to stop posting repelies that make yourself look ike a fool because you do not have a clue to what you're talking about.

The fact that you're seriously saying the history of gaming and history in real life is all wrong, shows what you know.

Edited by tx3000

So if a game sets up some rules, and I abide by those rules, I'm playing the game wrong.

Preventing a warrior/fighter from wearing a piece of armor they are supposed to be able to wear is not abiding by any rule in any game...Armor in all games do not work like that. The fact that you didn't even bother to question, why a normal every day function of all games could not be done in this one, shows what type of gamer you really are.

There's no CoD like health regen in DS3 either.

In fact, you don't die from 1-2 well placed hits like a real person should. It's not just bad design, it's condescending too.

YOU THINK I CAN'T HANDLE THE CHALLENGE OBSIDIAN?!

Armor and items are not game mechanics, A game mechanic would be casting spells, choosing dialog, the fighting moves and things like that.

How the armor and items interact with the world, however, is a game mechanic.

Edit: As for the personal attacks, yeah, sure if you say so.

Edited by Chasted

i do say playing 15000 games it quite a feat considering it would take a grown man his entire life to do so

(i really suck at math but 15000 games and say that one game is 15h that is a LOT of time in constant playing (no eating or drinking or earning a buck to be able to continue playing (he could be wealthy though)) lot of years

can someone calculate that who is better then me at math?

And why getting so frustrated with the game? why not return the game or sell it and move on to bother an other forum with you little FITS if you hate the game so?

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Merak

i do say playing 15000 games it quite a feat considering it would take a grown man his entire life to do so

(i really suck at math but 15000 games and say that one game is 15h that is a LOT of time in constant playing (no eating or drinking or earning a buck to be able to continue playing (he could be wealthy though)) lot of years

can someone calculate that who is better then me at math?

That would be 25 years worth of uninterrupted gaming if I calculated right.

And why getting so frustrated with the game? why not return the game or sell it and move on to bother an other forum with you little FITS if you hate the game so?
Cause he's trolling.

Now who is assuming, playing a game constitues as starting it up and playing for any amount of time even 15 seconds.

But somehow you all corrilate playing with finishing a game fully.

If I play a game for 3 min and equip a piece of armor on my Warrior I have played the game.

Edited by tx3000

I agree with tx3000, this game seriously lack documentation. I've NEVER played a game that didn't have some basic instructions. I figured out most of stuff by myself, but I didn't know about the keys until I saw the Steampowered pdf. I still don't know how to equip my abilities. I have one equiped so I keep spamming that. I just gave up and picked up a trainer.

I'm new to Dungeon Siege but I understood everything in the game, it explains it all quite well. Except I still don't know what any of the stats do besides attack and armor. No idea what doom, will, agility or basically any other stat does.