This game is missing instructions - (Youtube video inside)

The stuff I'm going over in this video is not explained in the game (Which is what the point to the video is). As I explain in this video about how there is supposed to be some form of learning curve, however the learning curve is not simple and easy to follow like a learning curve is supposed to bee... In fact nothing I go over in this video has even explained at all.

Here is the video:

CLICK HERE FOR THE YOUTUBE VIDEO

Edited by tx3000

I watched for 1min and 30sec and stopped.

F(for inventory) and then Enter(for companions inventory) as it is clearly shown in screen.

You get more abilities as you level up... like in every other RPG ever created.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I watched for 1min and 30sec and stopped. That guy is an idiot.

F(for inventory) and then Enter(for companions inventory) as it is clearly shown in screen.

I guess that would explain why BioWare keeps dumbing down their games....

Edited by Gorth
Quote edited for consistency

Hate the living, love the dead.

I watched for 1min and 30sec and stopped.

Call me what you will, but you full well know that everything I brought up in that video isn't explained, and needs to be.

What in the world are you going on about?.....What is clearly shown on the screen...and what screen is it shown on. Care to elaborate?

Yeah so, what does that have to do with the current abilites you have no being able to be used or switched?

ALL GAME PLAY basics no matter how small are supposed to be spoon fed to you with on screen instructions..I refuse to look up how to switch characters, or why some items cannot be equipped in a manual. That information is supposed to be being spoon fed to a player.

You people need to learn that when a game has specific interface things andrevolve around specific things then that is stuff you never ever supposed to have to look up because it's supposed to be being 100% completely and explicitly explained to a player on the exact proceedure on how exactly to do it (Yes this means keybindings, what to click, where you click..everything)...Again these are just game play basics you know things you'll be using through the game that you have no way to know unless you're told..I mean it's not like this stuff is important or you will be using it durring game play and needs some basics explained to you..or anything helpful like that. no no why would anyone do anything as silly as explain it's game play basics....Again it's not like you need that information right :-:ermm:

Get a grip people and learn the proper way to explain how to play a game what teh hell is going on with people and players nowadays where they somehow think important information isn't needed...I'd hate to see you people who think like that try and do math...I can picture it now...all of you saying that basic instructions aren't needed, that complex math equations, don't need the problem solving components in them because you can do it without the basic because it's a learning curve and basics how to instructions aren't needed..and anyone that needs poblemsolving components are dumb... I see how you people operate...no way to function in the real world because basics on instructions on anything aren't needed for anything...

Learn how the real world works...basic spoon fed instructions are absolutely supposed to be given for any and all things...and if you don't need them, then you yourself just skip it...but don't go trying to say that just because you don't need them or millions of other people don't need them, that they aren't needed....because that's not how things work.

Edited by Tale
Play nice.

Hit Escape -> Help Topics

I don't think it's a good measure of what should and should not be explained if you turn your brain off and act from your perspecitve as someone who knows nothing about the game. And stuff is explained. What isn't explained is self-explanatory. What isn't either of those is minimal.

What in the world are you going on about?.....What is clearly shown on the screen...and what screen is it shown on. Care to elaborate?

The guy was wondering how to access companions equip/inventory screen. First you press F for inventory and (shock!) inventory screen pops up. On that screen you can see your companions name and the sign for Enter next to it. Press enter.

Yeah so, what does that have to do with the current abilites you have no being able to be used or switched?

Each stance has up to three abilities and you get them when you level up. You can use them if you have focus. You can

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'll just warn everyone once...this guy is nothing but a troll and I have seen him do this exact same schtick on many RPG forums. He'll make a video, and no matter how hard everyone tries, nobody will be able to educate him. Most recently I saw him on the Two Worlds 2 forum as well as Sacred 2.

Sacred 2:

http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=...ighlight=tx3000

Two Worlds 2:

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=39303

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=39361

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=39313

And there's much more. His youtube account (in some cases) is "IPWNNOOBS" and he changes his forum handle from time to time, but it's the SAME GUY with the exact same "I don't understand/it wasn't explained" nonsense. You can tell by the dorky voice in the videos and the posts themselves. Look at the rest of the videos on this particular youtibe account...there ALL "I can't figure it out/not explained" videos. He goes from forum to forum doing the same exact thing.

You will argue with him forever as he is either a hardcore troll or he is just an idiot...either way you WILL waste your time and your breath.

Most of you know I'm not much of a fan of DS3 so I don't care about what he says, just wanted to give you all fair warning as he's just looking to get a reaction and waste your time.

Edited by Renevent

The guy was wondering how to access companions equip/inventory screen. First you press F for inventory and (shock!) inventory screen pops up. On that screen you can see your companions name and the sign for Enter next to it. Press enter.

Sorry when I press F and enter into the screen I see both portraits but only my inventory and stats open not my companion(S) So there is no wya to know how to access another companion and this is suomething you are in fact supposed to be told how to do.

As for the part that made you smile, no offense but you're delusional, no where upon no where, does it ever explain how to do anything I went over in that video...not one thing. And there is still no wya to know how to get more icons into the circles or how to know why you cannot use some items even though you actually are capable of using them.

Still waiting on that information and no I'm not going to look up game play basics like that. The devs are supposed to be explaining how to a player how to do this...I'm not going to do teh devs job for them...it's not happening.

Reminds of an older video where the guy was complaining that the tutorial pop-ups' font size is too big while the game was explaining stance switches, then went on to complain how the game doesn't tell you how to switch stances.

Anyway:

-AI companion: as the name says, AI. You don't switch to her, and since the game doesn't tell you how to switch to her, you obviously can't. It's not a BG style party based game, it should be obvious.

-Giving items: As kirottu said, press F, which brings up the inventory and at the bottom of the screen there's a big nice Enter button with Anjali written next to it.

-New abilities: Explained by a big tutorial text upon the first level up. Says that new abilities are automatically assigned to 1, 2, 3 the tutorial expects you to learn a new ability. Defensive skills are explained in the help topics (esc-> help topics) and are used with 4, 5, 6. Or while blocking, tho I can't remember where the game tell you that.

-Using abilities: Again, explained via tutorial text that you use them with 1, 2, 3. Being mapped to keys, it's obvious they're active skills.

-Talents: They're explained in the same text as above - passive improvements to your character.

-Life stealing: Esc->Help topics: "~ grants your attacks a moderate chance to drain life"

-Item use: If you would open your eyes, you would notice 2 things: Longsword is the item type, while the name of the sword, Rapier of Frost is shown above, with Lucas' mug behind it, suggesting the item can be used by Lucas. Other items don't have Lucas' face, suggesting they can't be used by him. Now, if you enter your inventory again and select Longswords, you will notice a Rapier of Frost in your inv, which you can lo and behold, use.

kirottu: the OP and he vid uploader is the same person.

Ah the wonders of not skipping tutorials, reading and opening your eyes..

NOW SOMEONE GIVE ME BACK THOSE 8 MINUTES AND MY DESTROYED BRAINCELLS

Edited by Oner

Gentleman and/or ladies. Please, can we try disagreeing without resorting to personal attacks? No need to refer to each other as idiots.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'll just warn everyone once...this guy is nothing but a troll and I have seen him do this exact same schtick on many RPG forums. He'll make a video, and no matter how hard everyone tries, nobody will be able to educate him. Most recently I saw him on the Two Worlds 2 forum as well as Sacred 2.

Devs need to start addding explicit, how to do game play basics...that solves the game play problems and you're clearly too ignorant to realize that because you don't have any comprehension about what a product is supposed to have or not have in it...the basics are in fact supposed to be there, regardles if you disagree with that or need them or not...it's not going to change that you won't ever be right about this.. your perspective is nothing mor than opinion that some people happen to agree with...it is not however fact....

All the people that simply do not get the problems I brought up have absolutely zero concept of game design or how things work, you clearly think that nothing at all ever needs any instruction and it is perfectly fine for devs to get lazy.

Just a message to each and every single one of you who simply do not grasp the value of game play basics.

Every problem I have ever brought up in a game regardles of what game it is, has always had it's game play basics with held every single one.

Yep the spell system in two worlds II isn't explained properly at all and is too complex... which even through evry clear and very detailed explanation what's wrong, people still don't get the problem

The interface in Sacred 2 is not explained and needs to be

The stuff I brought up in this DS III video has no explanation and no way to know it either

And regardles of what any of you try to or want to say. it's not going to change the fact that basic how to game play instructions are needed and have been with held.

<snip>

Edited by Gorth
Pot meets Kettle

No matter how I look at it, he wrote 3x times as much as me already. If he's trying waste our time, he's very bad at it. ;(

It's the same thing every time...he does these videos unable to even comprehend the simplest of concepts, fight with the people who will fight with him, ignore the answers people give him, and then at the very end he will basically implode on himself and make another video as a "message to the forum" which will basically be some diatribe about how dumb everyone else is.

I've seen it now like 3-4 times...it's funny to watch I just hope nobody gets sucked into his nonsense :lol:

Edited by Renevent

No matter how I look at it, he wrote 3x times as much as me already. If he's trying waste our time, he's very bad at it. ;(

So you think bringing up legite issues about the game that so far not one person has answered anything I've asked and can only flame and post useless comments is wasting people's time. it's the usual you don't need it or can't grasp the problem so it must not be legitimate. You know if you people spent more time actually posting actual answers, rather than useless crap, and going out of your way to cause problems, this wouldn't be going on right now and you know it.

If I had the authority to delete comments in this thread, there would be only 2-3 replies in this thread. Because you kids on here don't know how to do anything except cause problems by posting nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

What started off as legit issues asking for help, has turned into this mess which is usually the case with the kids running around on forum...always out to cause problems and never helping.

Edited by tx3000

The information is provided by text as you play the starting level or gain new abilities, it's explained as you browse the menus and is explained in the help topics, which is the thing you learn about as soon as the game tells you how to move yourself and the camera.

I'm not gonna say the game explains itself perfectly, because that's not true, but it's simply not as bad as you make it out to be. Why do you need an explanation in advance of how stuff you don't even have yet will work? Or about how to control party members, since there is no indication at all that you're able to control them? If you assume someone has no idea about the game controls when he starts it then assume also he has no expectations as to what is in the game and what is not.

I'm assuming you also write emails about instructions to IKEA, because they don't say how to hold a screwdriver or which way to turn it when you're using it.

legite issues about the game that so far not one person has answered You know if you people spent more time actually posting actual answers

Sorry sweetheart, I already answered a page ago. ;(

In fact, I even made a video for you:

The information is provided by text as you play the starting level or gain new abilities, it's explained as you browse the menus and is explained in the help topics

It doesn't explain how to add the abilities/skills to the circles above your chaaracters portrait, it also doesn't explain if your abilities are passive or do they have to be activated.

It doesn't explain anything about why you cannot use certain items that you can already use...such as the case with the long sword I use as an example in that video.

I have bought items in a store thinking I could use them and then found out I wasted my money because my chaarcter couldn't use them and there was no reason given why my character couldn't use what I bought

which is the thing you learn about as soon as the game tells you how to move yourself and the camera.

what does the camera have to do with the game not explaing anything about it's abilies, equipment.

I'm not gonna say the game explains itself perfectly, because that's not true, but it's simply not as bad as you make it out to be.

Why do you need an explanation in advance of how stuff you don't even have yet will work? Or about how to control party members, since there is no indication at all that you're able to control them?

simply because you need that information FIRST, that way when you come accross it you already know and FYI there is an indication you can control party members, it's called Dungeons Siege and Dungeon Siege II

If you assume someone has no idea about the game controls when he starts it then assume also he has no expectations as to what is in the game and what is not.

This is totally untrue and besides even if it was true it's still supposed to have a fully detailed explictly explained how to do all it's game play basics before hand.

The way things wortk is having the instructional information ahead of time actually help you play better and makes it more enjoyable..i don't find wasting my money on items I have no way of knowing i can use or why an enjoyable experience

I dont' find not knowing how to change characters or even if you can or how to give them items or even open their screens to give them items a fun way to play...all that stuff does is become an irritating annoyance that takes all fun away from the game

the bottm line is this, if i cannot wear items i better be told why I cannot, if I have a character in my party, damn right i better be told all the game play basics about how to give them items, how to control them, etc...

You really don't think it's important to tell a player at the time you get an additonal party member, whether or not they can control them or how to give them items. OR You do not think it's neccessary to explain to a player why you cannot use certain items doesn't effect what you spnd at a store?

You also don't think it's important to know how and why you cannot use abilities or that it's neccesary to explain what ones are passive or need to be activated, as well as how

You or anyone is seriously going to try and say that none of that is important enough to explain before hand and doesn't affect how you play the game?

Edited by tx3000

How would you know if you could "add circles"? As far as you know those are just gui decorations. When you level up you get explanations that you pick new abilities, upgrade them and pick new talents. You see a new circle appears and you go "Aha, that's how it works!".

Every item has a picture of the character that can equip it on it. When you pick up an item that doesn't have a face on it you get a message that you can't equip it and you should sell it. Logically you can link these two facts together I believe.

I wasn't making a point about the camera, but about the help topics, which you know about almost first thing in the game. So it is assumed if you don't know something you'll open them up and read.

You can't take indications from the first two games and then require the game to explain them again. Either you know them and don't need explanations, or you don't know them and have no preconceptions.

The abilities themselves explain how they work: "Anjali jumps and this", "Anjali throws and that", whereas the talents just say what effect you get. You've no business thinking they work differently than described I think.

I didn't say anything about the importancy of tutorials, I'm saying you're either blind to not see them or you're specifically looking for a hair in an egg, just to bash the game.

Whatever, I'll keep enjoying the game. I don't think I have an especially high intelligence for figuring out a few things on my own. I also don't require spoon feeding, it's perfectly enough for me if the game puts a plate of food in front of me adds a spoon in my hand and sais "eat", to use your analogy.

If someone does need help with any game things they know they can ask on the forums and they'll get an answer.

Anyway, my last words in this thread and I urge everyone to read them: "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"