What you did today?

Tale

I went to some super secret Sony "thing" in London.

They gave me a copy of Infamous 2 for free.

:)

I also ran into an old friend of mine I haven't seen in about a year, so it worked out good :- .

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I watched a documentary about lawsuits & TORT. Interesting. There are plenty of frivolous lawsuits in the world, but caps take away the power of jury/ppl in those cases that are actually not frivolous. Bleh.

Also had a couple pickle, lettuce, onion, & tomato sandwiches. They are really tasty sometimes, good summer lunch fare. It's about as vegetarian as I get, tho. lol

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This week seems to be free beer week for me. Went out to help with an event organised by a friend, with just a fiver. Came back with fiver and eight pints of beer.

Am wondering if is not some incredibly subtle misfortune, since I may not be able to be nice back these people, and consequently haunted forever.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Decided on a Ukranian mail order bride after meeting up with a schoolmate and his sister. Doing pretty well for himself, is a manager at ATI, should try to get discounts off him ;)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Decided on a Ukranian mail order bride after meeting up with a schoolmate and his sister. Doing pretty well for himself, is a manager at ATI, should try to get discounts off him ;)

Does anyone in this forum doesn't have a mail order bride? I was planning to go the old fashioned way and meet someone but I don't want to stand out so count me too :p

Edit:Wals did you receive yours yet? we all pinched in together and got you one.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I know I'm risking offending Guard Dog's newfound sobriety (and, in all seriousness, best of luck with that, GD-- if you know you've been having too much, then having the self-discipline to cut it out entirely is both admirable and wise), but Rittenhouse Rye is really quite fabulous. And only $16 for 750mL in my particular jurisdiction!

I've gotten a week off for holiday so I'm enjoy swimming and sleeping in till nearly 9:00am for a few days. Been trying to get some of my writings in order and have been really put out by how I leave almost everything half-finished. If the me now could only get his hands on me then.......

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Had a bit of a scare with my dad's heath today, he was turning pale and driving a bit dangerously, last year he had a heart attack that knocked him dead so any time he gets ill we worry, he got to the doctors and they said he seems ok, I'm not satisfied but who ever is?

On the bright side of things I received one of these, which is why I'm still up at 6am :shifty:

5028-additional-1.jpg

The best part is I only ordered the half stack, looks like they threw in an extra cabinet, possibly to make up for a shipping delay but I'm not looking a gifthorse in the mouth.

Decided on a Ukranian mail order bride after meeting up with a schoolmate and his sister. Doing pretty well for himself, is a manager at ATI, should try to get discounts off him :shifty:

Does anyone in this forum doesn't have a mail order bride? I was planning to go the old fashioned way and meet someone but I don't want to stand out so count me too :p

Edit:Wals did you receive yours yet? we all pinched in together and got you one.

We were a little short, so we chose ground for shipping and handling. So if you get any large packages, open them quickly!

We were a little short, so we chose ground for shipping and handling. So if you get any large packages, open them quickly!

Mmm, handling.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Does anyone in this forum doesn't have a mail order bride? I was planning to go the old fashioned way and meet someone but I don't want to stand out so count me too :(

It's more cost effective than the normal way! Well that and it sounded better than saying Ukranian girls are hot, hehe. Another pointless day at work, but at least I woke up thinking my alarm clock was yelling "Rendezvous with plane in 30 minutes!" for some reason.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What? Orogun asked me to chip in with 600$ to cover the shipping! Did he just pocked that.. damn!

Also, today I did nothing of note.

Fortune favors the bald.

Today is pretty dull... Spent it waiting on packages, and writing up notes from yesterdays super secret sony blah.

Today I got called by a boss at work, in the parking lot of said store, asking where I was because I was supposed to be on the clock 2 minutes ago.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I got called by a boss at work, in the parking lot of said store, asking where I was because I was supposed to be on the clock 2 minutes ago.

i used to have a really annoying manager that would do stuff like that

then i started taking notes of how often she was late and how long before she finally deigned to join us in the office

couple of weeks later the bus broke down on the way to work, and when she came over to ask why i was 5mins late i turned around and asked her why she'd been 30mins late the day before, and 40mins the day before that, etc etc

she soon shut up

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Being a commuter, I can relate to public transport stress. Got to work way late today. Apparantly somebody jumped in front of a train (or it was an accident, who knows, very little info available). Since police cut the electricity to the rail, all trains were late. The train driver did his best to entertain people though. Everytime it moved 100m and then stopped again, he would go 'we are now number (some number) in the queue' ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Haven't had to work fixed hours in a decade now, but, yeah, public transport stress was kind of major when had court days.

Had a job interview last week, and they promised to inform me no matter what on Friday or Monday. Guess if they did. Sent an e-mail yesterday, haven't gotten a reply. While the pay would've been really good, can't say not (apparently) getting the job feels THAT bad if prospective bosses don't even hold to making the announcements they promised. ;)

i used to have a really annoying manager that would do stuff like that

then i started taking notes of how often she was late and how long before she finally deigned to join us in the office

couple of weeks later the bus broke down on the way to work, and when she came over to ask why i was 5mins late i turned around and asked her why she'd been 30mins late the day before, and 40mins the day before that, etc etc

she soon shut up

I had a boss who voluntarily said he'd compare our respective tardiness. Never got in trouble if I was in before him. Strange bloke, but impeccably fair.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, have a splitting headache, am working on the methodology chapter (boring) and am meeting two russian models for drinks later today. :p

Hm, having that rather annoying situation where I pulled out the credit card the other day for Steam.. and now I can't find the bloody thing anywhere.. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went for a midnight run last night, I'm going to do the same again today.

I'm pretty lucky, I get to come and go as I please in my job, the boss doesn't really have an issue with it so long as I do my hours.

Today I'm writing a bit of code to procedurally generate gradients along a vector. It isn't work related, more something related to a personal project.

I'm also creating some D&D, and Shadowrun, characters from my up and coming session in a few weeks.

Preparing like crazy.

Edited by Nightshape

Mostly spacing out at work. Headphones sure make this easier, especially now that everyone I used to talk to has resigned, hehe.

Completely knackered and man-flu-ish. I should really sack work and go lie in bed with a lemsip or something.

Amused myself by doing some admin and emailing British Telcom to complain about unresolved technical issues on my phone line.

I must emphasise that I am at the absolute limit of my patience. I am not normally driven to the point of smashing my own possessions simply to give tangible evidence that I am not trapped in some sort of hideous repeating nightmare.

I know being snotty doesn't help in the least, but it makes me feel clever. And after being stupid enough to use the wankers in the first place I'm in need of emergency clever feelings.

-Elwood Blues