I Want My $$ back, and this is why...

The sad thing is to make this game viable they will have to do months of engine / software tweaking, and that's with a full development staff, their maintenance staff will simply not be able to make this game playable, and so begins the deterioration of a once viable company. Ill stick to D3, since Blizzard seems to at least be semi competent, which is more than any of you can claim.

Why on earth would Obsidian or Square Enix owe anyone money back for this game? What it lacks that i've seen around the boards thus far are all personal preferences, and the only static complaints are minor and can be patched in.

Just because someone wasn't smart enough to rent a game first isn't their fault. I've rented then purchased DS3.

I did make a huge mistake with Brink however, dropping the full 80$ for game and strat guide (good to read on the toilet). And Splash Damage could almost be sued for false advertisement, that game is a farcry from what they've been showing us for the past 3 years. Complete garbage.

Dungeon Siege 3 on the other hand, is a great game. And not to sound like a broken record, but DS3 is the first good game to come out this year (except Child of Eden, but not everyone has Kinect).

Well Kinect sucks. I hate that POS and its going to drive me away from Xbox gaming. DS3 is a mediocre title that appeals to NewFans and has zero ambition for being anything other than a quick summer time filler title with no real lifespan or community building features built into the game. This game might be right up there with other releases this year but that is because basically every single game created is a pile of garbage.

This game isn't breaking anyone's computer, and it runs, so I see no reason that anyone should get their money back. Afterall, they CHOSE to buy it themselves.

If it were breaking computers, or simply didn't work, I'd back up the idea of getting money back, but for a game that's not that buggy at all (aka...runs as intended), there is no reason.

The people asking for this, would they go to a supermarket, buy a jug of milk that was exactly that, a jug of milk that tasted like milk, was healthy, and was up to all the regulations or surpassed them...drink it, and then come back with the jug and demand their money back?

That's the desipicable people that everyone hates. At least they aren't as bad as a straight thief (who doesn't even pay for the milk...aka...pirates), but I'd say close to if not criminal themselves.

I bought the game, I had ample opportunity to read what everyone was saying about it (actually I pre-ordered the game, but I could have cancelled it if I had wanted to). I have no one to blame but myself for my purchase, and I feel the same goes for everyone else.

Complain if you want, I understand complaints, but demanding money back in this instance is something that annoys me.

Tell you what, reading these threads from people who say they should get money, takes my time, and I've spent some time reading these threads. So how about you pay me for my time, that's about $100 I would guess...and once you pay me, I'll take the money out of it to give the person who complains the most the money it cost them to buy the game.

Ah console fanboy to the end.

Every system has flaws and let downs. Historically though PC Games have been able to have more level sthan their console counterparts, in addition to customizing in addition the ability to make your system faster and capable of playing games for years to come. I play both console and PC Games as do a lot of people but I have always found more specific and individual control can and should be found in PC games, after all it is a "personal computer".

I remember when MoH Allied Assault came out for all platforms, the PC version was MUCH longer than the console.

Actually, the problem is that the controls for the PC are horrid. Someone noted that they will have a patch to be able to remap the keys. WHY should it take a patch to realize this is a feature that SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE RETAIL VERSION. Sorry, for the caps, but honestly, what were they thinking when they didn't come up with this idea.

They were just in the streamlining groove. All streamline, all day. Customizable PC UI and controls are just features that PC games have had since ever since ... they wanted to evolve or some kind of marketing words.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

Actually, the problem is that the controls for the PC are horrid.

I find them to be decent personally. Didn't have too much trouble getting the hang of it. Mayve it's because I've never touched a controller in my life and have been forced to play games with controls even less adapted to the K & M.

No.

Buyer beware.

You bought it, you own it, suck it up, and move on.

You have a case of 'buyer's remorse'. I say tough.

Obsidian doesn't owe you any money. Neither does SS.

If it's advertised falsely - no notice about needing internet, or there was a sticker that precluded reading the requirements then it's not buyer beware.

Of course if you bought it from EB Games you could just take it back. One advantage of their returns policy :sorcerer:

Why on earth would Obsidian or Square Enix owe anyone money back for this game? What it lacks that i've seen around the boards thus far are all personal preferences, and the only static complaints are minor and can be patched in.

Just because someone wasn't smart enough to rent a game first isn't their fault. I've rented then purchased DS3.

I did make a huge mistake with Brink however, dropping the full 80$ for game and strat guide (good to read on the toilet). And Splash Damage could almost be sued for false advertisement, that game is a farcry from what they've been showing us for the past 3 years. Complete garbage.

Dungeon Siege 3 on the other hand, is a great game. And not to sound like a broken record, but DS3 is the first good game to come out this year (except Child of Eden, but not everyone has Kinect).

Renting's only available for consoles. And we'll have to agree to disagree about DS3 being a great game. I think I'll hold my hopes for Skyrim, which sounds like Elder Scrolls meets DS, maybe. Either or will be fine, just not DS3.

This game isn't breaking anyone's computer, and it runs, so I see no reason that anyone should get their money back. Afterall, they CHOSE to buy it themselves.

If it were breaking computers, or simply didn't work, I'd back up the idea of getting money back, but for a game that's not that buggy at all (aka...runs as intended), there is no reason.

The people asking for this, would they go to a supermarket, buy a jug of milk that was exactly that, a jug of milk that tasted like milk, was healthy, and was up to all the regulations or surpassed them...drink it, and then come back with the jug and demand their money back?

That's the desipicable people that everyone hates. At least they aren't as bad as a straight thief (who doesn't even pay for the milk...aka...pirates), but I'd say close to if not criminal themselves.

I bought the game, I had ample opportunity to read what everyone was saying about it (actually I pre-ordered the game, but I could have cancelled it if I had wanted to). I have no one to blame but myself for my purchase, and I feel the same goes for everyone else.

Complain if you want, I understand complaints, but demanding money back in this instance is something that annoys me.

Tell you what, reading these threads from people who say they should get money, takes my time, and I've spent some time reading these threads. So how about you pay me for my time, that's about $100 I would guess...and once you pay me, I'll take the money out of it to give the person who complains the most the money it cost them to buy the game.

Your example would be better if you said bought a jug (??? and where do you get jugs from???) of milk then discovered you couldn't drink it without a straw. Then once you went and got the straw you need but don't want you discover it's not dairy milk it's soy milk. Okay you can't request a refund that it's soy not dairy, the product merely claims to be milk, but failing to note that you need a straw to use the product? Yeah that's a deal breaker. Depending on the product and stuff it's false advertising.

Your example would be better if you said bought a jug (??? and where do you get jugs from???) of milk then discovered you couldn't drink it without a straw. Then once you went and got the straw you need but don't want you discover it's not dairy milk it's soy milk. Okay you can't request a refund that it's soy not dairy, the product merely claims to be milk, but failing to note that you need a straw to use the product? Yeah that's a deal breaker. Depending on the product and stuff it's false advertising.

That would only be if you bought it and it didn't do as it was described. DS3 does exactly as it says it does. The only MP commercial I saw was for a coop in front of the same console from the same couch...not separate computers. It isn't buggy really, and it isn't destroying computers or OS's.

It's a jug of milk.

It would be more apt that for some reason, you thought it was chocolate milk, even though it was white and labled as whole milk right on the jug. You thought it was chocolate milk because your favorite brand that has the same name has always been chocolate milk. Despite what the cover stated and what was known on the milk, you still felt that it had to be chocolate milk. Why you thought white milk was chocolate milk based totally on the name and not appearances is understandable, but to blame your mistake on the company would be rather foolish.

In that regard you weren't the only one (I thought it would be chocolate milk too and found out it definately wasn't chocolate). You already opened it and drank it though, and just to be certain so that you could verify that it wasn't chocolate, instead of a taste (Demo), you drank the full thing. Then tried to return the jug for a refund.

It doesn't normally work that way. I doubt the farmer would give you a refund anyways, as he wasn't the one even selling it to you. You should probably go to the store and see if they'll give you a refund for the empty jug.

That would only be if you bought it and it didn't do as it was described. DS3 does exactly as it says it does. The only MP commercial I saw was for a coop in front of the same console from the same couch...not separate computers. It isn't buggy really, and it isn't destroying computers or OS's.

It's a jug of milk.

It would be more apt that for some reason, you thought it was chocolate milk, even though it was white and labled as whole milk right on the jug. You thought it was chocolate milk because your favorite brand that has the same name has always been chocolate milk. Despite what the cover stated and what was known on the milk, you still felt that it had to be chocolate milk. Why you thought white milk was chocolate milk based totally on the name and not appearances is understandable, but to blame your mistake on the company would be rather foolish.

In that regard you weren't the only one (I thought it would be chocolate milk too and found out it definately wasn't chocolate). You already opened it and drank it though, and just to be certain so that you could verify that it wasn't chocolate, instead of a taste (Demo), you drank the full thing. Then tried to return the jug for a refund.

It doesn't normally work that way. I doubt the farmer would give you a refund anyways, as he wasn't the one even selling it to you. You should probably go to the store and see if they'll give you a refund for the empty jug.

Console's don't really relate to the PC experience which is what serenity is complaining about.

That's my point. You buy bottles not jugs. Maybe if you milked the cow it'd be in a jug.

You obviously missed the bit about there not being anything about Steam on the box (actually there was but it was covered by a sticker). So to get back to the milk scenario, the milk brand has always been associated with chocolate milk, so you expect that when you see that brand. Now IF this bottle of milk is labelled in such a way as to show it's not chocolate milk, it only says milk looks white etc, then you can't demand your money back because it's not chocolate. IF however the note on the side saying Warning: consumer must use straw to drink this product is covered up, and it isn't evident that it's not a standalone product, then a consumer has the right to demand their money back because they aren't getting what they thought they were due to misleading labelling. The buyer beware bit is when the bottle could be either milk or chocolate milk - it merely says flavoured milk, and you assume that it must be chocolate milk.

Sampling's where the physical\digital metaphor always breaks down. Yes doing a taste test of the sample (demo) would have been wiser but it's not imperative. In this metaphor serenity tried the milk, which makes it a used product, but the bottle's still as full as ever, I'll leave it up to your imagination to work out how :fdevil:

Who's complaining about the farmer anyway? You complain about the farmer if the milk is a bad product, you go to the shop if you want your money back.

I'm not really one to ask for a refund but I really wish I didn't buy this game.

It was a fleeting single player with no real multi-player and no continual game play.

I've had it for maybe a week or so and now it's just sitting on the shelve, it was so short lived!!!!

If a games focused on Multi-player (which is what I was lead to believe by reviews with devs and even on the homepage for this game) they make it so you can keep on playing over and over with friends or randoms, if its a single player game then it has a campaign that takes 30 - 50+ hours to finish and a decent story and large world to explore...

This game has neither.

MP is total crap, sluggish with 4 people, terrible camera, we all know the issues with it...

Single player is not continuous, quick, easy, no different story/starting for all the different characters (which was something I was expecting at least) so if you want to go through with different characters you get the same experience every time...

As I've said many times before I do enjoy this game, the concept and game play is pretty good. I really liked going through and listening to all the dialog and getting the story, but after that there's nothing, you go through a second time and there's nothing new, you make a couple of different choices and that's it... no new starting area for the different characters, no new events, nothing... You know EXACTLY where mobs are as there is no random spawns at all, the decent loot is even in the same places and the only thing different is the character your playing or how you build them...

People are going to say "no its not, I really enjoy this game etc. etc..." but give it a week and see how into this game you still are.

DLC won't fix this as it would be maybe an hour or 2 more play time and then boring again.

The only thing they could do is make some random generating dungeons, continuous play and porting of heroes from single to multi IMO...