I Want My $$ back, and this is why...

The title of the game is misleading enough. I won't even get into how Dungeon Siege 3 isn't Dungeon Siege with it's storied background, free character building, and library of skill/spell usages. I will accept that this is a new game with a new experiment on a different game style. However I will NOT accept the following things:

I'm Required to use a 3rd agency, Steam, to play the game! I must give my personal information (email), register, be tracked, and auto-download anything and everything they give me. Why did I even buy a CD to the game, when I could have just downloaded everything anyway?? If it's not a complete, stand-alone, software product in the game box then I should be at least given a warning, "Product requires internet and registered services from Steam."

I purchased the PC version with understanding that it can be played on the PC. However, control performances are poor and multiplayer co-op mode is a dismal experience. The inability to bind keys and no ability to see the game from the perspective of your unique avatar instead of a shared screen make this game sub standard for any serious multiplayer PC game. Seriously the manager that thought a console game can be adequately adapted for use on a PC should be fired!

The patches that I'm Forced to download, have bugs that make it unplayable. I have no option to turn off voice chat if I prefer to use Teamspeak, Voicechatter, or a myriad of other chats am used to. Were there no play testing involved before the release of the patches to begin with? The delivery of this product is messed up and you can believe the PC community is not going to forget!

I'll end on a positive note: Some of the artwork and creativity were quite nice, kudos.

Then again.. I want my money back!

There is no difference between the multiplayer on PC and consoles. It is "working as intended." Not a lot of people are happy with the way it works, but let me ask, have you even tried? Did you just rage quit the moment you saw the game had a shared camera?

It says on the back of the box that it requires an internet connection and a free Steam account. If you missed it it's your fault.

You can change the way voice chat works from within Steam. Just go to "Settings" and "Voice" and choose "Use a push-to-talk key to transmit voice." If you choose not to select a key then no matter what key you push the voice chat won't work.

Are you sure the patches you're forced to download have bugs that make it unplayable? I mean, are you really, really sure?

Because next patch will bring in customizable controls for the PC.

The title of the game is misleading enough. I won't even get into how Dungeon Siege 3 isn't Dungeon Siege with it's storied background, free character building, and library of skill/spell usages. I will accept that this is a new game with a new experiment on a different game style. However I will NOT accept the following things:

I'm Required to use a 3rd agency, Steam, to play the game! I must give my personal information (email), register, be tracked, and auto-download anything and everything they give me. Why did I even buy a CD to the game, when I could have just downloaded everything anyway?? If it's not a complete, stand-alone, software product in the game box then I should be at least given a warning, "Product requires internet and registered services from Steam."

I purchased the PC version with understanding that it can be played on the PC. However, control performances are poor and multiplayer co-op mode is a dismal experience. The inability to bind keys and no ability to see the game from the perspective of your unique avatar instead of a shared screen make this game sub standard for any serious multiplayer PC game. Seriously the manager that thought a console game can be adequately adapted for use on a PC should be fired!

The patches that I'm Forced to download, have bugs that make it unplayable. I have no option to turn off voice chat if I prefer to use Teamspeak, Voicechatter, or a myriad of other chats am used to. Were there no play testing involved before the release of the patches to begin with? The delivery of this product is messed up and you can believe the PC community is not going to forget!

I'll end on a positive note: Some of the artwork and creativity were quite nice, kudos.

Welcome to PC gaming. Unreliable since, like, forever.

With all the bashing that is going on here i hope that Obsidian will do something very soon. Dungeon Siege III is a great game and has a lot of potential, but time will tell if Obsidian will use the infinite amount of tools to improve this game or it will abandon it.

Cheers !

No.

Buyer beware.

You bought it, you own it, suck it up, and move on.

You have a case of 'buyer's remorse'. I say tough.

Obsidian doesn't owe you any money. Neither does SS.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

We just muted each other so we can use ventrilo without hearing double voices. Pretty easy to do in game.

Basically Just muted each other, as we play on two seperate lap tops with built in mics, the feedback was SERIOUSLY crushing our ears. Mutes each other, and the problem was solved.

The Shared Camera caused some horrific problems though....

Obsidian developers should refund your money from their personal funds. It's the honorable thing to do.

Monkey Lungs you have serious entitlement issues if you honestly feel that way. This has nothing to do with honor and no one should owe this person money because he/she didn't bother to research what kind of game he/she was getting.

Welcome to PC gaming. Unreliable since, like, forever.

Ah console fanboy to the end.

Every system has flaws and let downs. Historically though PC Games have been able to have more level sthan their console counterparts, in addition to customizing in addition the ability to make your system faster and capable of playing games for years to come. I play both console and PC Games as do a lot of people but I have always found more specific and individual control can and should be found in PC games, after all it is a "personal computer".

I remember when MoH Allied Assault came out for all platforms, the PC version was MUCH longer than the console.

Every system has flaws and let downs. Historically though PC Games have been able to have more level sthan their console counterparts, in addition to customizing in addition the ability to make your system faster and capable of playing games for years to come. I play both console and PC Games as do a lot of people but I have always found more specific and individual control can and should be found in PC games, after all it is a "personal computer".

I remember when MoH Allied Assault came out for all platforms, the PC version was MUCH longer than the console.

Allied Assault only came out for PC and was the third game in the series. Plain old MoH and Underground were the originals.

Allied Assault only came out for PC and was the third game in the series. Plain old MoH and Underground were the originals.

It was Frontline on the XBox but I watched my buddy play through the whole thing and the levels it had were near identical to the ones that were in Allied Assault, but it lacked significant ones in the story. The XBox opened with the DDay landing where in the PC one it was third mission in, the XBox also did not include the gas mask level. Just making a point that there are pros and cons to both console and pc gaming and there is a huge market for both if the developers take the time that is needed to for platforms, there is marketing and liscensing fee issues behind it as well.

Edited by kev556

It was Frontline on the XBox but I watched my buddy play through the whole thing and the levels it had were near identical to the ones that were in Allied Assault, but it lacked significant ones in the story. The XBox opened with the DDay landing where in the PC one it was third mission in, the XBox also did not include the gas mask level. Just making a point that there are pros and cons to both console and pc gaming and there is a huge market for both if the developers take the time that is needed to for platforms, there is marketing and liscensing fee issues behind it as well.

Understand but they are different games with different stories and diferent main characters. I know because I used to be nuts about the series before Call of Duty came along and showed how a military shooter should be done.

I'm just nitpicking 'I remember when MoH Allied Assault came out for all platforms.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Understand but they are different games with different stories and diferent main characters. I know because I used to be nuts about the series before Call of Duty came along and showed how a military shooter should be done.

I'm just nitpicking 'I remember when MoH Allied Assault came out for all platforms.

I agree with that, EA missed the mark with what they could have done with the MoH franchise. The new one was a great single player campaign but I guess the MP was broke.

I'm a console fanboy?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/unrealwarfare

You was saying?

I play on "all" platforms without bias, thanks.

It was in response to your comment of PC gaming being unreliable as always. You posted nothing to back it up, so of course my first impression is going to be "fanboy" which you still can be one and play on all platforms. Besides any real letdown from a game is not the PC performance it's the developer's lack of desire to push the game to it's full potential on a PC. I got this machine in October of 2009 and I haven't bought a game yet that has been able to push it's limits. I will admit I will need a new video card soon but that is my personal desire to have a Radeon instead of NVidia in my machine.

you still can be one and play on all platforms.

If I was a console fanboy I'd still be playing on a console. My gamertag proves that the last time I touched a console was last year (30/12/10, nearly 7 months ago to be exact). If I was a console fanboy I wouldn't have built an

Edited by Unreal Warfare

OP do you accept the full refund in cents? ...i don't want to be demanded; like happened to a person for pays his doubt of $1000 with cents. :thumbsup:

Edited by Alpha