Patch swaps A&D Keys problem

Libed

Question

Just got the last Genealogy book, to place in the bookshelf for the "treasure".

Saved at the nearest spot to quit for dinner.

Came back, and now holding down A turns me to the right. D turns to the left.

Issue carries on to any new character made. Sad. Just sad.

Edited by Libed

I just received another mini-patch (no notes, thanks developers!!!), and now the A, D keys are backwards!!!!

Developers, it helps if you release patches that improve the game and not invert the keys so we have to play the game backwards! I know you are working hard to improve this game, but please don't rush patches.

Thanks,

Are they always backwards? Or is it just when your character is facing backwards? I think they changed that in an early mini-update.

Tiny, incremental patches usually don't have notes. The first major patch is yet to come.

Are they always backwards? Or is it just when your character is facing backwards? I think they changed that in an early mini-update.

The screen now rotates in the opposite direction. It was not this way just minutes before the patch was released. I've tried to invert the y-axis in options and this does nothing.

BTW - Sorry I posted in the wrong forum.

Edited by vonster

The y-axis is vertical, so it won't have any effect. Not sure, I'll check out my game soon.

Someone on this forum posted how to make AutoHotkey(?) work with DS3, perhaps you can use that to switch A & D.

I can confirm that the A and D keys have been reversed. I shut the game down for an hour, came back and there was a small update. After starting the game, the keyboard turn directions were backwards.

This makes the game unplayable for me.

I have the Steam, pre-order version that was pre-installed.

The y-axis is vertical, so it won't have any effect. Not sure, I'll check out my game soon.

Someone on this forum posted how to make AutoHotkey(?) work with DS3, perhaps you can use that to switch A & D.

This has nothing to do with the patch but I just realized your from Wellington as well!

SUP! Represent! haha

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1125667

Link to someone that got AutoHotKey working. As a short term fix you might try using this to reverse A & D, thus restoring the controls to the previous state.

Having the same issues (A and D keys mysteriously inverted since today due to what I assume was a stealth patch). Has essentially made the game go from really annoying to play due to the already badly thought out KB/Mouse controls to flat out unplayable, with still no option to remap keys.

Bought on steam (regrettably pre-ordered).

It's a third party tool. Follow my link, then follow the poster's link to install the tool, then use the poster's script as a base for you to tinker with. I haven't tried it myself, but it could help.

What the heck is that stuff? Assemble and compile? Holy crap, that's like that weird ... Pascal? course I took back in the '80's.

Thanks for the offer of assistance Tigranes, but I need more instructions before I'll use that.

Wanted to say I've hit the same bug just now. Was working fine (ok, not fine, but at least the way it was designed to be) before lunch. Now the pan keys reversal has boned me. The controls are massively disappointing when working as intended. This is... not cool.

The controls are massively disappointing when working as intended.

I have to add in my concerns regarding the controls and the camera angles. At first, I thought it was just a function of my lack of experience with "action" games - I usually play RPGs. But overall, I found visibility to be very bad - often times I would lose sight of the mobs I was fighting. On a couple of occasions, I would kill the boss without actually being able to see the figure. I'd realise he was dead by the music and a sound effect.

I understand this is off-topic, but it would be nice if they could adjust the camera angles and allow some different basic control options. I usually always adjust keyboard settings in games, as I tend not to play the same game continuously. Its nice if I can set a games controls so that its basically the same as other games.

I can confirm that the A and D keys have been reversed. I shut the game down for an hour, came back and there was a small update. After starting the game, the keyboard turn directions were backwards.

This makes the game unplayable for me.

Me too...

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

This is a huge screw up. pretty much makes the game unplayable for me.

Another Bug caused by this is that you cannot dodge left or right either using A and D while blocking.

we better have Fix tomorrow. Where was the Q/A on this??????????????

I love obsidian, i buy everything they make, but man they frustrate me with their releases.

Yeah, A + D keys are swapped.

I was /just/ getting used to the control scheme....

Tried some 3rd party software to rebind keyboard keys, didn't work... well.. it worked, but didn't work in DS3.

There are 2 ini files in the program files, neither of which appear to have any key binding options in them. ( I do see a preferred_device = gamepad option, which is not my preferred device to be honest ).

I can't find a way to revert the game to previous patch.

I mean, how does this even happen? It is such an obvious problem, I realized it a few milliseconds after loading up my game.

I hope Obsidian will follow through with a near-immediate fix ( a few hours maybe? Like last one... )

As far as details, I am a pre-order through Steam customer. The A+D keys were not swapped earlier today, and the patch this afternoon appears to have caused it.

- Bump -

I've just checked, and this is most likely a bug - when you use a controller with the PC version, nothing has changed. It's just the KB/M. Unfortunately, the crappy part of Steam is that (a) it keeps updating your game even when you tell it not to, and (b) there's literally no way of rolling back to an earlier version, since even if you reinstall, it'll reinstall the patched version.

If the AutoHotKey solution doesn't work for you (there seems to be both reports of success & failure) I guess we have to wait and see - hope the devs are able to fix this soon.

Mr. Moderator --

Whats the best way to get eyes on the problem?

Is there a bug reporting thing that we can submit information to, or have you already done due diligence?

The steam forums are blowing up about it too.

Thanks!

*snip* most likely a bug *snip*

It is a bug. A is left and D is right. This is one of the fundamental truths of gaming. There is no middle ground. There is no grey area. A is left and D is right.

Amen.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.