Keyboard Mapping

To begin I created this account for the sole purpose of posting this a message that I'm positive has been beaten to death already. My hope is that some other developers are watching these boards for insight and tips into how to do things correctly on their current of future game.

Include Custom Key Mapping. Period.

If you're a right handed person and like painting and are given a canvas to work on but told you must do it left handed, would you enjoy that?

If you love reading and the latest novel you've been anticipating came out but you were told you can only read it from right to left, would you enjoy that?

Well, news flash guys, some people do not subscribe to the WASD first person shooter formula. Myself, I'm an ESDF person from back in the days of Doom2 and I stand by the fact that using this configuration has multiple advantages over WASD beside the fact that it's what I'm comfortable with. For god knows how long I've never had to worry about playing a game using this style of movement because I've always had key mapping as an option.

It's a disgrace in this day and age for a game to be released without the key mapping feature. With so much time, effort, sweat and tears that I'm sure went into this game to NOT include what should be consider a standard game feature is ridiculous.

I bought the game, pre-ordered actually, and find myself having to wait for the already announced patch which will release a feature that should have been implemented in the demo. KEY MAPPING.

There is no excuse for not having this as evidenced by the quick admission that it was in development for an already announced future patch. If you knew it was necessary, include it in the game. I will withhold my judgment on my overall opinion of the game until such time as I can play using the key binds of my choice. I hope that that time comes soon as I am excited to play through the newest release in a franchise that I'm very fond of.

Edited by Zydigo

See that sticky? The first one? It says it's going in as a patch, soon.

See my post? The one you responded to? Did you actually read it, cause it says I know that there is a patch coming and you obviously missed the point.

Bit pointless to beat a dead horse, right?

You know it's going to be fixed, you know that the topic's been done to death, yet you decide to post for the hell of it anyway.

Nice one!

Now I totally agree with you, don't get me wrong, but it's just getting a bit stale isn't it?