Steam fails to validate 1 file

Funktion JCB

Question

I installed the game using the retail CD (Limited Edition, Europe), during which I registered the game on Steam.

After the installation was concluded, I tried to verify/validate the files, but Steam always says 1 file failed to validate, and downloads it. It's been like this since Monday, the date I received the game, and it hasn't changed even with the recent "problematic" update.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

6 answers to this question

a recent patch broke the game for everyone.

but you should be ok now. just restart steam and wait for dungeon siege 3 to download a new patch.

The file failed to validate well before the release of the patch (I tried it for the first time on Monday), and even after the updates that happened today, the issue still persists.

Maybe it's a problem with one of the files uploaded to Steam.

I've been having the same problem since I installed (store bought copy) yesterday. Keeps saying one file failed to validate and will be reaquired, steam (supposedly) does that, or says it does, then when I validate the game again, the same thing happens. Don't know how to fix it. I've installed/reinstalled 3 times, deleted the cache and all files for DS3, reinstalled again, and the same problem. When I try to play, I get a message saying the game has to close, sorry for the inconvenience, and that's it.

I've been having the same problem since I installed (store bought copy) yesterday. Keeps saying one file failed to validate and will be reaquired, steam (supposedly) does that, or says it does, then when I validate the game again, the same thing happens. Don't know how to fix it. I've installed/reinstalled 3 times, deleted the cache and all files for DS3, reinstalled again, and the same problem. When I try to play, I get a message saying the game has to close, sorry for the inconvenience, and that's it.

I went through all that, too. Steam then did a reinstall, two hour bit by bit check of my game, and still messaged that one file was missing. But, the game played.

There are so many problems playing this game, I've decided to wait to play until they get it all fixed.

I've been having this problem a lot with abunch of steam games, icluding New Vegas, and Civilisation V.

A search online brought up this 'solution' - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=2058210

Don't use the steam overlay in game and don't tab out.

I know. That's not so much a solution as a bigger problem.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.