Poll: DLC or a new multiplayer?

DLC or multiplayer?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. DLC or multiplayer

• DLC
    • Multiplayer

As far as we can tell nobody at Obsidian or Square ever set out to do a persistent MP mode, so it wasn't a question of rushing.

Now if you begin from the premise that a MP game should always have persistent MP by default and anything that does not do so is a problematic or incomplete game, then of course everything else falls into place - devs' explanations are excuses, the company must be lazy/stupid/incompetent/evil/unethical/crazy/bankrupt/hate you, etc., etc. This isn't necessarily incorrect (who knows), but it isn't really a logical way to go.

I'm not interested in persuading anyone that thinks DS3 needed persistent MP or DS3 is crap without it, since that's their opinion and that's clearly predicated on what they will enjoy. That's fine. I do think that this insistence some people have on extending their preference onto a statement about what video games should be and what gamers deserve is a separate argument, and one without a lot of merit. Are people that are happy with DS3's MP all spineless bottomlickers? Or, uh, they have different needs and wants from you?

Really interesting point you have there.

zk04r5.jpg

I want more fun!!!

Hire a hooker...

-

-

-

has anyone seen them say something about fixing more than that can you post it?

I've had a look but only thing I've found is :)

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=57715

Which doesn't even say ANYTHING about console, only for PC... so is console just going to get completely shafted?

Edited by FaceGoober

I want to see new multiplayer...

DLC is going to be pointless because people are going to be trading this game pretty quick thanks to Multiplayer being ass and single being too quick and easy...

I'm not going to wait around for some DLC for single player as I brought this game for the Co Op experience just like 80-90% of the people who bought DS3...

I don't think so , this game is better than DA2 by miles. Gamers still have that game and many solo games that don't include MP. Saying that gamers will trade it for the lack of MP is not true. If a game is good deserve to be part of your collection. Not all games need MP ; much less to win "success".

I don't think so , this game is better than DA2 by miles. Gamers still have that game and many solo games that don't include MP. Saying that gamers will trade it for the lack of MP is not true. If a game is good deserve to be part of your collection. Not all games need MP ; much less to win "success".

I played GoW3 and Honor Among Thieves 2, absolutely loved the single player experience in them!

I finished them both twice and haven't touched them since...

I brought DS3 with the understanding that it was going to be a ARPG geared towards Co-op online, that's the ONLY reason I brought it...

Now I will say I've been quite impressed and enjoyed the single player, but the reason I brought it is a waste of time at the moment...

Once I finish the single player with 2 heroes I'd say its going to just sit there and collect dust like the other single player games which is not what I expected for this game because the MP isn't what I was lead to believe by Obsidian themselves... (look up reviews/interviews with the lead dev before anyone says when did they say that)

At the moment I can't even join 3/4s or games on the PSN because its saying incompatible version which I don't understand how it could be and I'm still waiting for a reply to my question on the Tech help... and yes I've updated the game and my PS3 and then also deleted all the game data stored on the PS3 and reloaded and repatched and still have the same issue...

Edited by FaceGoober

Multiplayer.

I was substantially disappointed when I heard they gimped multiplayer and then tried to shrug it off as a "feature". Why do studios always feel an excessive need to change something fundamental to all the previous titles of a series? If I wanted a different type of multiplayer hack and slash from its predecessors I wouldn't be buying Dungeon Siege III on preorder. The first Dungeon Siege had the best multiplayer world IMHO. Wide expanse of world to explore, distinct maps from singleplayer, and people could drop in so you could continue to convince friends to pick up the game and join your open co-op campaign. Obsidian, at this point, has destroyed that opportunity. I'm having a hell of a time finding any friends who want to even touch the game because of those limitations.

Frankly, Obsidian needs to take some lessons from dungeon crawler heavyweights like Diablo II. That's the kind of multiplayer I think PC players expect from this title.