Official Dungeon Siege 3 Community Request Thread

Be careful, dude. Mentioning flexibility of camera angles and the ability to appreciate one's surroundings is fightin' words around these parts. ;)

I F'ing love DS3, but I'm right there with ya. The surroundings are so pretty that sometimes I wish I could just stop for a second and look around - just to stare at things and take a breather. The level design is so friggin' pretty, but we are unfortunately stuck looking at the ground for the majority of the game.

Sadly, many people on here have a closed mind about the idea. I can only assume you didn't read all the previous posts in this thread. You've only posted once, so chances are I could just be speaking to the wind.

They aren't fightin' words. Its just different people appreaciating different things. Also the game looks so good because the graphics were MADE for that angle (Similiar to how other games with fixed angles use it). If you would actually pan it around eveything would look wrong/much worse.

To give an example:

117.jpg

You see his low texture weird looking legs compared to his high res upper body? Theres countless other stuff like this. The entire gamedesign and artdesign is based on that angle. I'm not trying to be an ass here or oppose everything you say. I'm just wanting to point out why this wouldn't be a good idea for a varity of reasons. Has nothing to do with closed-mindedness.

Edited by C2B

lol. Thanks, I got it :lol: You can stop. lmao

I really don't want to be an ass here and again I understand the need. DSIII is just not the game designed for it. (Though again, I would support an easy way to mod it in for those who want it)

lol. I get it, dude. Seriously though, I know there is no sky to begin with, but what would be so bad about just seeing black above the map models?

Think of Torchlight. What's outside their map models? Nothing. Just black. It's not so bad and unprofessional as some want to believe.

We all agree it would hinder you in battle, but there have been some cool pan-shots where I was quite impressed with the visual, and if I walked over to that area later, I still couldn't quite look at what I was shown earlier. You know, like the shot of the outside of the house in the beginning of the game? -and when you're down in the mines when you get cool quick glimpses of the crystal structures? That stuff was COOL! I just want to look a second longer at stuff like that. I don't need to see the sky. I want to stare straight at what's already there sometimes.

It would simply be a neat feature to have the ability (even if only while you stood still) to free-look when you wanted to. I understand if the dev's don't want to do it. Even if they didn't, I can't stress enough that I absolutely love this game as-is.

Be careful, dude. Mentioning flexibility of camera angles and the ability to appreciate one's surroundings is fightin' words around these parts. :)

I F'ing love DS3, but I'm right there with ya. The surroundings are so pretty that sometimes I wish I could just stop for a second and look around - just to stare at things and take a breather. The level design is so friggin' pretty, but we are unfortunately stuck looking at the ground for the majority of the game.

Sadly, many people on here have a closed mind about the idea. I can only assume you didn't read all the previous posts in this thread. You've only posted once, so chances are I could just be speaking to the wind.

They aren't fightin' words. Its just different people appreaciating different things. Also the game looks so good because the graphics were MADE for that angle (Similiar to how other games with fixed angles use it). If you would actually pan it around eveything would look wrong/much worse.

To give an example:

117.jpg

You see his low texture weird looking legs compared to his high res upper body? Theres countless other stuff like this. The entire gamedesign and artdesign is based on that angle. I'm not trying to be an ass here or oppose everything you say. I'm just wanting to point out why this wouldn't be a good idea for a varity of reasons. Has nothing to do with closed-mindedness.

lol. Thanks, I got it :lol: You can stop. lmao

I really don't want to be an ass here and again I understand the need. DSIII is just not the game designed for it. (Though again, I would support an easy way to mod it in for those who want it)

Thanks for the support Bradley, and i understand what you (C2B) are saying about how the game was designed. . . but to be able to look up ahead slightly more would in my opinion make this game much more playable. It sometimes gives me an imaginary sore neck from not being able to look ahead.

I don't need to look at the sky, especially if there is no sky, just void blackness, but i would like to be able to see ahead a little more and the extra camera angle option would make this game much more enjoyable to play for me.

The rest of the game is great but i really do hope the developers will listen to what people have said about the limited camera angle.

Edited by Namor1111

Good afternoon, all!

First off, I would like to applaud Square-Enix and Obsidian for such an awesome game!

The visuals and sounds are amazing, and the voice work borderlines perfection. However, just as the original poster pointed out there are two VERY big issues to be addressed before the fun factor raises above a 6/10 in Online Co-Op. I was an avid fan of Dungeon Siege, and played it many times through to max out my characters and find all the sweetest lewt possible. I can still remember the first time I entered the secret dungeon with the giant chickens, and I must have spent more time in there than any place else!

Not being able to import my own character to another players game is rather dull, to be blunt. It totally defeats the purpose of playing my own game in single player to level up my character if I'm not able to take him over to a buddies game and continue to level. It wouldn't even bother me if 80% of the loot were geared towards the host, but it doesn't make any sense for this not to be possible. It was more than possible in its predecessors, and it should be possible in an online game.

The camera angles being stuck on the host are also a massive issue during combat. Several times while playing with a friend I've found myself half dead because I cant see my character! Surely this can be corrected as well with a simple patch allowing each character to maintain their own viewpoint within a certain radius of the host. IF this is the way it already is, then the range needs to be extended further out.

These two issues are the blight on the face of the game, and I've seen a few people defending this as a good thing. I suppose these individuals might be playing couch co-op, or they might be worried about a higher level coming in and decimating everything. That is where level restrictions come in to save the day!

Either way, if these issues were fixed it would literally raise the rating of this game from an 8 overall to a 9.5.

I'd also like to say that a New game+ feature would also ROCK!

Anyway, thanks for reading my two cents and take care, everyone!

/flame retardant armor on

Edited by Knightshadowz

Obsidian had better hurry if they want this game to retain any relevancy though. Starting next month the blockbusters start rolling out. They'd be smart to release the first DLC in august or i'd say the sales figures will be cut in half come september.

I for one will be looking forward to Warhammer 40K: Space Marine on the 6th of Sept. (Dead Island on that day too) and then on the 20th the godly creation that is Gears of War 3. The Oct we get Battlefield 3, and so much more in the following months. It's going to be an epic holiday season.

Obsidian had better hurry if they want this game to retain any relevancy though. Starting next month the blockbusters start rolling out. They'd be smart to release the first DLC in august or i'd say the sales figures will be cut in half come september.

I for one will be looking forward to Warhammer 40K: Space Marine on the 6th of Sept. (Dead Island on that day too) and then on the 20th the godly creation that is Gears of War 3. The Oct we get Battlefield 3, and so much more in the following months. It's going to be an epic holiday season.

I wish I shared your love of various genres. Other than the exceptions like Resident Evil or Call of Duty, I tend to stick with RPGs. And other than Skyrim, I've got nothing to look forward to this entire winter. :dancing:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wish I shared your love of various genres. Other than the exceptions like Resident Evil or Call of Duty, I tend to stick with RPGs. And other than Skyrim, I've got nothing to look forward to this entire winter. :thumbsup:

What about War in the North? If you liked this game, you would love that one. =P

There are a bunch of RPG releases upcoming. Many are hybrids but that shouldn't bother fans of DS3. Dead Island looks pretty cool, there is also Dark Souls.

Lots of stuff besides Skyrim I'm not even going to bother listing them all.

Dead Island? You must have a different definition of RPG than me. No wonder you think there's lots of RPGs coming out this fall/winter if you're listing games that aren't RPGs.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's a hybrid unless they changed focus. First person survival horror action rpg.

The new Deus Ex is supposed to be a little bit first person shooter a little bit RPG.

I'm sad that Arcanum 2 isn't coming out as well but it doesn't seem like the industry has any intention of returning to turn based, isometric RPG's.

Most RPG's now are hybrid-ized to include more action styled gameplay.

For some reason I think Deus Ex will be garbage. Watching the videos it looks cool, but I catch small things that would indicate its going to have crappy controls or something else bad. Hopefully i'm wrong, we'll see on the 23rd.

My Preorder list is massive. I've got WH40k: Space Marine paid off and waiting, Gears 3 (got the console), Battlefield 3, Rage, MW3 (going to cancel that one, hate COD), RE:Racoon City, Aliens:Colonial Marines, Skyrim, and I think i'm even forgetting one or two.

War in the North looks cool, don't know if I'm feeling like it. If it comes out next tuesday i'll give it a spin, but its time will be short.

DS3's days might be limited, but this is a good show of what polish and quality Obsidian can deliver. I sincerely hope that if/when Bethesda wins the rights to the Fallout MMO, that they bring Obsidian in on it.

Seems like the new Deus Ex is making a return to many of the design goals of the first game ... but could be lies, developers do like to lie about their games. Bad controls though? I'm guessing it will have pretty standard FPS controls ... after playing DS3 I would think you would be very used to crappy controls.

There are some cool seeming games coming out but I've become so jaded I don't even trust my favorite developers anymore. Everything keeps getting streamlined. I might just keep playing Borderlands and Sacred 2 on my Xbox and old RPG's on my old PC.

-An expansion, duh

-More specifically, an expansion that continues and EXPANDS the story, not some "challenge maps/dungeons pack". This is not Lara Croft and GoL and please, no DL item pack. An expansion should contain those things and it's not reasonable to charge people for loots without new challenges. PROPER STORY with MORE QUESTS and ABILITIES new ITEMS.

-Fix tons of Co-op issues.

-I ask for 1 more thing, stay with the game. Don't abandon it. DS3 can be remedied and improved a lot and we're all hoping to see that improvement in an expansion.

-DS3 ROCKS !

-An expansion, duh

-More specifically, an expansion that continues and EXPANDS the story, not some "challenge maps/dungeons pack". This is not Lara Croft and GoL and please, no DL item pack. An expansion should contain those things and it's not reasonable to charge people for loots without new challenges. PROPER STORY with MORE QUESTS and ABILITIES new ITEMS.

-Fix tons of Co-op issues.

-I ask for 1 more thing, stay with the game. Don't abandon it. DS3 can be remedied and improved a lot and we're all hoping to see that improvement in an expansion.

-DS3 ROCKS !

Yeah, I'd say it again myself. The game rocks. I play alot of coop with friends. Every time I get in I have about 10seconds where I dislike the angle of view. Then I forget completely and realize 3 hours later what a great time we've had.

Would like to see patch and Dlc...