Official Dungeon Siege 3 Community Request Thread

I think this game should be able to support a full over the shoulder 3rd person camera and an isometric camera view (or at least the semi-iso camera we have now). Too Human did it, so what's holding Obsidian back?

That Dungeon Siege III isn't concepted like Too Human? That Too Human was never designed as a pure Top Down Game? :lol:

That this comparison is complete bonkers?

Again, the battle system, art assets, level design and so on that DSIII provides are designed with the top down perspective in mind. Thats why they look and are as good as they are. They wouldn't work remotly as well in third person.

Edited by C2B

It has just as good of an iso view as dungeon siege 3. It's an action rpg looting dungeon crawler game. Those are quite the similarites whether your rage induced bias can see them or not.

No its not. Its not the same. Whethever your DSIII complain bias wants to see it or not.

The good news is that Dungeon Siege III is nearly flawless in every other aspect, so I can't imagine them having to work on much else. It's not like Brink or Hunted where its such a buggy mess they're going to spend months trying to figure those out. I don't think I encountered a single bug or glitch, so maybe they're working on the camera issues now.

Very true. At least on consoles, I haven?t found a single bug yet. They really should let us "zoom in" in co-op, as well as leaving us with more freedom with the camera and screen.

It has just as good of an iso view as dungeon siege 3. It's an action rpg looting dungeon crawler game. Those are quite the similarites whether your rage induced bias can see them or not.

No its not. Its not the same. Whethever your DSIII complain bias wants to see it or not.

Of course it not "THE SAME". They are different games. However both:

1. 3rd person ARPG

2. Looter dungeon crawlers with emphasis on story

3. More actiony approach to combat to attemtp to alleviate the feelings of passivity in gamepay for the cosnole crowd

It's fully valid to compare the two. If we can't compare games from the same genre what kind of games can be compared? Or must they be evaluated in a gaming vacuum?

The good news is that Dungeon Siege III is nearly flawless in every other aspect, so I can't imagine them having to work on much else.

Right?? I hate to be labeled a fanboy, and I am full aware of all the bugs that came with New Vegas, but Oblivion is friggin' awesome! This game is rock-solid. No doubt.

For reasons I posted in the other thread the first two "should" be integrated directly in the game. The third one should maybe just an easier option to mod in/ini solution. Otherwise there would just be complaints.

I don't see why anyone who chose not to use it would complain... right?

The people that already have what they want wouldn't even know the new option (that they wouldn't use anyway) was there. That makes sense, doesn't it?

For reasons I posted in the other thread the first two "should" be integrated directly in the game. The third one should maybe just an easier option to mod in/ini solution. Otherwise there would just be complaints.

I don't see why anyone who chose not to use it would complain... right?

They will still complain because you give them this view and they would see that for example the feet etc. of creatures have very low textures. They would complain about the animations in the lower angle looking really bad. They would complain....

For a DSIII example here: The online mode. Its there. So people complain about the thethered camera/non-progessivity/shared camera in it (And they have the right to). If it would only support local there would be a lot less complaining.

Edited by C2B

Right?? I hate to be labeled a fanboy, and I am full aware of all the bugs that came with New Vegas, but Oblivion is friggin' awesome! This game is rock-solid. No doubt.

You might have enjoyed Oblivion but rock-solid it definitely wasn't. The bad performance, the bad UI, the broken game mechanics, the bugs, the crashes, the horrible VA, and the terrible animations are all things that made Oblivion a terribly unpolished game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You might have enjoyed Oblivion but rock-solid it definitely wasn't. The bad performance, the bad UI, the broken game mechanics, the bugs, the crashes, the horrible VA, and the terrible animations are all things that made Oblivion a terribly unpolished game.

Oops, totally spelled the wrong word. I actually meant to say "Obsidian is friggin' awesome". My bad. :)

On that note, however, I loved Oblivion too. Obsidian had nothing to do with that, though. Not sure why I typed Oblivion. I wasn't even thinking about that game. Weird.

Oops, totally spelled the wrong word. I actually meant to say "Obsidian is friggin' awesome". My bad. :)

On that note, however, I loved Oblivion too. Obsidian had nothing to do with that, though. Not sure why I typed Oblivion. I wasn't even thinking about that game. Weird.

That's a pretty funny typo. Oblivion is great, but all of the Bethesda games like that are bug riddled. I'm sure its because of the massive scope of the game. You'd have to let like 200 or so gamers have the full version for a few months to discover most of the glitches, the game world is just massive.

I'd be fine if the DSIII camera was left like the single player camera. I just hate that as soon as a human joins my game, it shifts to that terrible view and links the camera movement to your allies position. That needs to be changed. I don't see why characters can't be tethered by distance instead of camera. In no way do I want my camera angle to shift because a buddy is running around trying to avoid projectiles. Especially the way targeting works in this game. They move, camera shifts, and I miss. It's bollocks =)

Too Human was an ARPG??

Now I realise I never actually knew anything about that game. Only that it got panned a lot. :lol:

Too Human was garbage. Should have stayed as a Playstation 1 game, or whatever it was originally planned to be 12 years ago. That game doesn't hold a torch to DSIII. Even DSIII's weakest elements are better than Too Human. The only thing Too Human has over DSIII is more diverse loot. At least that's my opinion.

Oops, totally spelled the wrong word. I actually meant to say "Obsidian is friggin' awesome". My bad. :lol:

What a waste of a perfectly good rant. :(

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

MonkeyLungs would you play an RTS with an over the shoulder camera? No ofc not. The combat in DS3 has been designed with a top down camera in mind so an over the shoulder camera would just be inconvenient when you suddenly get flanked from behind by enemies you couldn't see because of the way they were positioned. Changing the camera to over the shoulder would also require changing the entire combat encounter design and why redo the entire game for a camera shift? Especially when the real problem with the camera is that it's not zoomed out enough in co-op.

I want to play Call of Duty in third person mode in multiplayer. What a horrible design flaw that they didn't give us that option. How could they release such a buggy mess like that? :lol:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Right? I can't believe people have the capacity to keep track of people attacking them from behind when you can't zoom out way above your head.

You actually have to (*gasp!*) turn around!!! It's totally broken!! :lol:

OK, look here party people:

The flexible camera angle mod for single player is a great idea for those that actually have the ability to appreciate it. It will most likely have to be a community-made mod because Obsidian should not be expected to create sky boxes and ceilings for a game that was never intended to have them, nor should they be expected to put out a patch that reveals a big empty nothingness overhead. It would be unprofessional.

We have all agreed it won't really help in combat, so combat would not have to be redesigned. Just leave it alone.

The flexible camera angle would most likely only be neat for looking around once in a while, or to make some people feel more comfortable when they're exploring new areas.

If you don't like the idea, pat yourself on the back - you actually have your own opinions. Congratulations. If and when the mod becomes available, simply don't download it and shut your pie-hole. No fragile, top-down camera lovers will be forced to use it involuntarily.

Officially,

Couch co-op needs the option of being zoomed out further.

Internet co-op needs separate screens and save-able, independent XP & inventory.

-----------------------

I think if we could all agree with what we want, the developers might be more keen to try to help us. Call me crazy.

No one's ideas need to be shot down.

That game doesn't hold a torch to DSIII. Even DSIII's weakest elements are better than Too Human. The only thing Too Human has over DSIII is more diverse loot. At least that's my opinion.

the loot system on Too human beat the Loot system on DS 3.

Edited by Alpha

I want to play Call of Duty in third person mode in multiplayer. What a horrible design flaw that they didn't give us that option. How could they release such a buggy mess like that? :(

Here you go, Mr. Sarcasm:

http://www.cod4boards.com/forum/showthread...1st-Person-View :lol:

It's about time!

CoD was totally unplayable, and frankly, broken, until that was added!

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

lol. You're hopeless. Have you never installed a mod on ANYTHING to simply enjoy it... MORE?

You are aware that there are these things called "mods", right?

-and that thousands upon thousands of people install these mods to games they have previously purchased every day?

-and that the intention of these mods is to bring new functionality that was previously missing or desired?

-and that the common reason these mods exist is because people differ in opinion of what makes a game enjoyable?

If this is all too much new information all at once, don't ruin your fragile little narrow view of the world over it. Maybe if you wish hard enough, everyone will just accept games for how they come and no one will try to do anything creative with them ever again. It certainly seems that's what you want, right?

You certainly seem intent on shutting down other people's ideas. Quite a few people on here do. It's actually quite sad.

It's like you see someone else putting mayonnaise on their own sandwich, and you go yelling to the world about why you personally don't like mayonnaise. Nobody cares if you don't like mayonnaise. It's not your sandwich. :)

Edited by bradleypariah

It's like you see someone else putting mayonnaise on their own sandwich, and you go yelling to the world about why you personally don't like mayonnaise. Nobody cares if you don't like mayonnaise. It's not your sandwich. :bat:

Most epic of epic high fives there.

This is what I tried to explain to the Brink community, and why Brink should have more than one boring game mode to repeat endlessly. If they included some other fun options to play around with, you don't have to play it if you don't want to. But don't kill the fun for thousands of others that will love it.

Which reminds me about Arena in Dungeon Siege III.... :thumbsup:

lol. You're hopeless. Have you never installed a mod on ANYTHING to simply enjoy it... MORE?

You are aware that there are these things called "mods", right?

-and that thousands upon thousands of people install these mods to games they have previously purchased every day?

-and that the intention of these mods is to bring new functionality that was previously missing or desired?

-and that the common reason these mods exist is because people differ in opinion of what makes a game enjoyable?

If this is all too much new information all at once, don't ruin your fragile little narrow view of the world over it. Maybe if you wish hard enough, everyone will just accept games for how they come and no one will try to do anything creative with them ever again. It certainly seems that's what you want, right?

You certainly seem intent on shutting down other people's ideas. Quite a few people on here do. It's actually quite sad.

It's like you see someone else putting mayonnaise on their own sandwich, and you go yelling to the world about why you personally don't like mayonnaise. Nobody cares if you don't like mayonnaise. It's not your sandwich. :bat:

Actually, I don't really care either way. If Obsidian adds more options, cool. If they don't, also cool. If the game gets modded, cool. If not, oh well.

I was poking fun (not necessarily at you) at people who seem to insist that DSIII is somehow broken or not finished or crappy simply because it doesn't have a feature *they* want.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

Actually, I don't really care either way. If Obsidian adds more options, cool. If they don't, also cool. If the game gets modded, cool. If not, oh well.

I was poking fun (not necessarily at you) at people who seem to insist that DSIII is somehow broken or not finished or crappy simply because it doesn't have a feature *they* want.

I have to completely agree with you there. In a game like this people complain that its unfinished. What the hell is unfinished about it? You are absolutely right, and the majority of the complaints were simply features they wanted in the game, not necessarily left out.

Dungeon Siege is complete, and excellent. Do we want more of it? Of course!

• 2 weeks later...

I am enjoying the game on the PS3 at the moment, I especially like the storyline.

The only thing I can think of that needs a fix at the moment is the very limited camera controls.

I would Like to be able to look up a lot more and find it limiting and often annoying as I cannot see the horizon ahead.