Official Dungeon Siege 3 Community Request Thread

Ok, a suggestions thread. So here are mine.

1) NEW GAME+ (by popular demand!!!)

2) New MP loot tables. (currently MP is almost unplayable this is one of the reasons)

3) New MP difficulty balancing (it's pretty brutal, even on Casual and Normal)

4) Character Quests that reward "Master Gear" or very high level drops

5) Do something with the Influence bar/stats (currently it's pretty much unused and useless)

6) Camera Angles (even in SP need some work)

7) Key Re-Mapping (HOW COULD YOU FORGET THIS?)

For any dlc/expansion packs: Give companion influence more importance storywise- I'm not asking for romances or anything (god no, romance options are the worst) but I'd like to find out more about the companions through like companion backstory sidequests or something.

For any dlc/expansion packs: Give companion influence more importance storywise- I'm not asking for romances or anything (god no, romance options are the worst) but I'd like to find out more about the companions through like companion backstory sidequests or something.

If we were to get a traditional expansion to this game, i'd love to see that. I think someone else mentioned elsewhere that it would be cool to also have character specific quests that result in some kind of master gear. A max level quest would be neat.

If we were to get a traditional expansion to this game, i'd love to see that. I think someone else mentioned elsewhere that it would be cool to also have character specific quests that result in some kind of master gear. A max level quest would be neat.

Yeah, companion quests resulting in sweet loot for the companion would be great- it'd give those interested in story a chance to find out more about the companion, and those who are just in it for the dungeons and loot a chance to get more sweet loot.

I can't wait to see what their first DLC is going to be. And we know its going to happen, its an option on the main menu =)

Unless its the biggest tease of all time.

I'm pretty sure that comes as standard with a lot of games, DLC planned or not. It could just be a mechanic to get the pre-order special items.

I can't wait to see what their first DLC is going to be. And we know its going to happen, its an option on the main menu =)

I'm pretty sure that comes as standard with a lot of games, DLC planned or not. It could just be a mechanic to get the pre-order special items.

Very true. This game is ripe for DLC though. It's an excellent canvas for pretty much whatever they wanted to do with it. This combat system and these characters could easily fit into several game modes.

Very true. This game is ripe for DLC though. It's an excellent canvas for pretty much whatever they wanted to do with it. This combat system and these characters could easily fit into several game modes.

It has potential to have some great DLC, and the forums are brimming with ideas for this. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll just come back and play through it again when it's not so fresh in my memory.

It has potential to have some great DLC, and the forums are brimming with ideas for this. Fingers crossed. If not, I'll just come back and play through it again when it's not so fresh in my memory.

Could even rob an idea from FEAR 3 with their game mode "F**king RUN!". You're chased by a wall of death and forced to advance quickly through waves of enemies. If any character hits the wall, you lose. If any character is downed, and then killed, you lose. Very very intense and would actually fit in DS3 even though Fear 3 is a FPS. Its the theory I like.

If I was wealthy beyond measure, i'd personally fund Obsidian to make a Last Stand mode. I know I sound like a broken record on that issue, but its because when I think about the potential there I get giddy with excitement.

Could even rob an idea from FEAR 3 with their game mode "F**king RUN!". You're chased by a wall of death and forced to advance quickly through waves of enemies. If any character hits the wall, you lose. If any character is downed, and then killed, you lose. Very very intense and would actually fit in DS3 even though Fear 3 is a FPS. Its the theory I like.

If I was wealthy beyond measure, i'd personally fund Obsidian to make a Last Stand mode. I know I sound like a broken record on that issue, but its because when I think about the potential there I get giddy with excitement.

I'm really hoping for that too. An arena would be great. It's all about the replayability.

Personally all I want is 'normal content' DLC - i.e. new areas, new quests, new characters, new abiliities, new loot. For me New Game+ or Arena would be fun for a bit but really boring and pointless, especially with the current MP/character systems.

I think the first DLC for DS3 will probably be your run of the mill expansion. Those are plenty of fun too.

I just think if you modified the characters into generic classes, and handled the loot acquisition differently such as a purchase from points system, arena could be wonders with this combat system.

Again if you've never tried Dawn of War II's last stand, that's precisely what I had in mind for Dungeon Siege III. I think it would work well, and it would be neat to even have score leaderboards for it. Add a bit of competition to increase the draw.

At least I think it would be cool. Would be easy to fit new characters/classes into as well.

With the campaign, and your traditional add-on content, you can run through it once with each character on hardcore before it loses a lot of novelty. Some form of repeatable game mode would be nice to have something replayable forever.

Baal runs are the worst thing ever, but to me its still better than the game ending.

Oh I bet it does. Obsidian is a big fan of expansions and DLC's. I think every game they've done has them (except maybe AP?).

So i'm fully expecting this game to have DLC in the future. It might not be straight from Bakercompany's wish list, but i'd put my money on the fact that they will probably release DLC for Dungeon Siege III.

Plus this type of game is ripe for DLC, just like say Fable III. When the credits rolled after my first playthrough, I immediately started another game up as Katarina. She's intense =D

Edited by Bakercompany86

Oh I bet it does. Obsidian is a big fan of expansions and DLC's. I think every game they've done has them (except maybe AP?).

So i'm fully expecting this game to have DLC in the future. It might not be straight from Bakercompany's wish list, but i'd put my money on the fact that they will probably release DLC for Dungeon Siege III.

Plus this type of game is ripe for DLC, just like say Fable III. When the credits rolled after my first playthrough, I immediately started another game up as Katarina. She's intense =D

Oh God... Fable 3 and DLC...

80 points for black dye? No thanks. =P

Personally all I want is 'normal content' DLC - i.e. new areas, new quests, new characters, new abiliities, new loot. For me New Game+ or Arena would be fun for a bit but really boring and pointless, especially with the current MP/character systems.

This. bring it on Obsidian.

Yeah I only buy DLC related to new areas, quests, etc. Not just item garbage...

Yeah I only buy DLC related to new areas, quests, etc. Not just item garbage...

When I got the DLC for Fable 2 I at least felt like I got my money's worth, even if the game was a bit disappointing. After beating Fable 3 (twice in two days easy), though, and seeing the kind of DLC they were releasing for that game...

It's not worth the risk. =P

Gearbox are my champs of DLC this console generation. So far the added value to gameplay and replayablility+patching added in post game support by Gearbox for Borderlands is pretty cool. I like the stuff Obsidian has done with NV too.

I just don't think DS3 has sold enough copies or has enough people still playing the game to warrant releasing DLC. The longer they wait the more trouble to sell it as well, we have some great titles coming up starting in late August. From then on out DS3 will be an afterthought in even the most fervent NewFans mind.

I don't think there is another game of this specific genre coming for the rest of the year. We get Skyrim, but its SP only.

Are there any other Action RPG/Dungeon Crawlers that are Multi-player coming this year?

So far the end of the year line up is very shooter and action heavy. We're getting loads of those, but only a couple RPG type games that I can think of. I'm going over the release calendar at work in my head trying to remember.

If they patch up DS3 a bit it will have plenty of staying power, much more than some of the releases so far this year. DS3 is a game i'd play along side of the shooters at the end of this year.

Considering most people who come to forums come for negative reasons. Most of the happy people are playing the game, I just happen to like being a part of the games community and offering suggestions on how to improve on an already great formula.

Deus Ex ... um Torchlight 2 (for PC), skyrim ... there's more. Also tons of action games like Arkham City and more.

Dungeon Siege 3 isn't popular at all right now, right after its release, come this fall this title will be forgotten about and even defenders like you will be off playing other games.

EDIT:

Amazon.com Sales Rankings EDIT: 30 June 2011

---

DUNGEON SIEGE 3

Xbox 360 = #67

PS3 = #81

---

For comparison:

FALLOUT:NV

Xbox 360 =#19

PS3 = #39

---