Official Dungeon Siege 3 Community Request Thread

Obsidian needs to solve the re spawn issue via patch and not DLC. Dungeon Siege III is an Action RPG/Dungeon Crawler and because of this we should not see Game Over for a character...now why would i buy a DLC for this "feature"? In this kind of games little things count a lot...all i wanted from Dungeon Siege III was a game with tons of items ( not just Green/Blue/Gold) where i could kill monsters and bosses in order to tweak my character...but at the moment Obsidian invested so much time in that Choice Dialog and neglected the basics of this genre. I want sockets, enchanting and stuff like this...Why would I invest time leveling up/buying/making gold for a character that i cannot play after 10 hours? It's retarded! And Obsidian you have an unlimited area to work, Kingdom of Ehb...you could have made a damn large map and even add some places from Dungeon Siege I/II for the fans...old memories. I don't know there where/are so many options.

Obsidian needs to solve the re spawn issue via patch and not DLC. Dungeon Siege III is an Action RPG/Dungeon Crawler and because of this we should not see Game Over for a character...now why would i buy a DLC for this "feature"? In this kind of games little things count a lot...all i wanted from Dungeon Siege III was a game with tons of items ( not just Green/Blue/Gold) where i could kill monsters and bosses in order to tweak my character...but at the moment Obsidian invested so much time in that Choice Dialog and neglected the basics of this genre. I want sockets, enchanting and stuff like this...Why would I invest time leveling up/buying/making gold for a character that i cannot play after 10 hours? It's retarded! And Obsidian you have an unlimited area to work, Kingdom of Ehb...you could have made a damn large map and even add some places from Dungeon Siege I/II for the fans...old memories. I don't know there where/are so many options.

I could not disagree more strongly. I hate... Hate... HATE respawning in action rpgs. I loved Diablo 1 & the respawn system in Diablo 2 killed the game for me. Respawn should only exist in coop modes. I tried Titan Quest and gave up on that game because of respawning. Instead of having a save point in front of a boss, like DS 3, if you died you respawned way back and had to hike a mile to get back to the fight and run around and try and scoop up your equipment and learn the boss tactics and die over and over walking back over and over. Respawning sucks! Also, a number of areas from the first game do show up. They look quite a bit different as 150+ years have passed since the first game. Agree with other points but not having echanting/sockets etc. didn't kill the experience for me.

I like the revive system in DS3, encourages tactics and teamwork over zerging.

Additional features like socketing or enchants I could do with or without, but wouldn't mind if it showed up on a dlc.

I would definitely buy a DLC that allowed me to continue past the ending. FO3 did this with Broken Steel, so we know its possible =)

I don't mind the save points in front of bosses, my problem is if you go back, past the save point you don't find anything to kill, therefor no exp, loot. All i am saying is that monsters should re spawn and not that your character should re spawn in the nearest town if it dies. Not having some enchant system/socket did not kill my experience but the gear is fairly simple. My issue is that if you look at older games you find tons and tons to tweak your character and I always hoped that if time passed games will become more and more complex but in fact everything now is simple. Nowadays you can barely see a decent Stat System...all i want is monsters/mobs, items and various ways to tweak my character. If i have all the above you will be able to see 3-4 types of Warriors using different weapons/tactics/skills...but i believe it's too much to ask in 2011, we had this in the 90s when devs actually gave a damn about a game...where you would find a fine story, strong lore, re playability, random things, secrets and many other things but now we evolved so much that you have to pay a shipload of money for some DLC in order to have a decent gameplay.

Not all enemies, no boss re spawn and after you kill the Elder God you have no way to continue playing with that character. Bottom line until they fix this issues i will not buy any DLC or anything related to Dungeon Siege III.

Edited by Sasha_Je

I could not disagree more strongly. I hate... Hate... HATE respawning in action rpgs. I loved Diablo 1 & the respawn system in Diablo 2 killed the game for me. Respawn should only exist in coop modes. I tried Titan Quest and gave up on that game because of respawning. Instead of having a save point in front of a boss, like DS 3, if you died you respawned way back and had to hike a mile to get back to the fight and run around and try and scoop up your equipment and learn the boss tactics and die over and over walking back over and over. Respawning sucks! Also, a number of areas from the first game do show up. They look quite a bit different as 150+ years have passed since the first game. Agree with other points but not having echanting/sockets etc. didn't kill the experience for me.

Respawn in RPG's are ok IMO.

Id hate free roam ghost areas.

Indeed...in RPG's re spawn is ok but in a Dungeon Crawler is a must...

I hate respawns, no matter what the genre is. For example never bothered to get Stalker because of all the respawns the game had.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I think this game really would have benefited from a behind the character 3rd person view like Dragon Age 2. The game is built for it with direct character control and buttons directly controlling the swings.

Aside from the multiplayer issues, this would be the single biggest improvement to the game for me. On the PC, the camera would be much easier to control with a WASD control scheme. Think The Witcher 2. Overall, the combat mechanics of DS3 are similar, but IMO are held back (on the PC) due to the camera and combat controls (which aren't really that bad IMO, but compared to The Witcher 2 . . . ).

That said, it would necessitate a complete rework of the camera and combat controls . . . and I have a feeling the game world isn't built to be viewed from an angle that's not top-down. I'd assume most of the environments would have to be somewhat reworked. I might be wrong about that last part, but I think it's too late for such a drastic change.

Edited by Azilis

I like this games camera just fine, just needs the MP camera tweaked a bit.

After playing this game even more now (at level 22) I realize it needs a new game+ with an optional even harder difficulty. Playing through hardcore feels excellent and now that my companion and I have some pretty excellent gear we have a great combat flow going on.

I could even spring for an insane difficulty to really push the challenge.

The loot issue doesn't seem to be as big of a deal as you continue through the story. My partners gear still isn't up to my standards though, but i've decided this is a minor issue. When I join my buddies game I don't mind using the second rate gear, I still contribute greatly to the fight.

So official wishlist:

-Tweak the MP camera

-Tweak the MP loot (especially for 4 people)

-New Game+ I'd really love to experience the story again on a harder difficulty with my fully decked out character.

There are a few areas where the enemies do respawn, I think the way they've done it makes sense. A new game plus with a harder difficulty and perhaps an unlockable character would have been great for replay value though.

I would love to see:

-New Characters

-New Dungeons

-New Loot

-New Game +

-Harder Difficulty (more mobs, more minibosses, and insane loot)

-Ranked Endless Battle (constant waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and bosses) One room endless enemies play till you die with just yourself or friends with an online ranking.

-Increased Level Cap (50 or higher)

-New Skills

-New Talents

-Ability to respec proficiencies (Limit one per playthrough to avoid abuse)

This is my favorite game I've played in a while and I love the fact I can game with friends in a drop in drop out scenario (Kinda like life friend drops in while I'm playing and they can pick up the controller and start playing with me). So yeah I know I'm not alone in saying I'd pay for more content for something which I enjoy this much.

For next game or food for thought or whatevers:

1. Single Player Story Mode

2. Single PLayer Free Mode (You can run all the maps without quests but with randomized monster spawns) ... This could be an unlockable game mode.

3. Multi Player Story Mode

4. Multi Player Free Mode

5. Multi Player PvP

---- All the above need to feature multiple difficulty levels. Easy, Normal, Hard, Really Hard, Iron Fist to the Nuts ... whatever you want to name them just have at least 3 difficulty modes.

6. Trading Lobbies that can host up to 32 players on consoles, more on PC. Let he players set them up but have dynamic client/server process where if the player who started the room quits the Host(server) becomes the player with the next best connection. This way the room doesn't collapse just because the starting player leaves. This method is consistent with certain creative XBl titles. RDR handles the client/server set up for public matches this way (not a trading room but if the starting player leaves for whatever reason the game automatically assigns a new host Xbox.

7. Persistent character saves. These can be pre-made characters in concept, name and lore just like now only we would get to save our own version of that character and bring them with us into other gameplay modes.

8. Increased level cap and expanded ability trees.

9. No corridor maps ... OR if you just can't figure out how to make bigger maps with your spiffy engine then make more maps, way more.

10. More armor with varied looks.

11. Weapon and armor crafting.

12. Weapon and armor socketing.

13. Personal quests for every character/class/archetype. On the highest difficulty level each quest upgrades and changes and becomes that character's Epic Quest.

14. Follow game design law 101: Gamers only share a screen when those gamers share a machine. I made this one like sesame street easy to remember, it rhymes and you can make a little jingle out of it!

15. Allow the camera to zoom out way more. Let us have a full top down tactical view of the battlefield. Either that or make a proper over the shoulder 3rd person view.

-------------------

Alternative Plan:

Make a proper RPG and stop playing around in the ARPG genre unless you are going to respect it and make a fully featured game.

Any news on the patch for the PC version? Bought the game, however waiting to play till the patch is released.

One question though, will the patch fix the camera issues? :)

Probably not the first. But there should/could be something coming.

Any news on the patch for the PC version? Bought the game, however waiting to play till the patch is released.

One question though, will the patch fix the camera issues? :)

Probably not the first. But there should/could be something coming.

The devs have been really quiet since release. I'm hoping they're busy patching and not on a cruise somewhere! o:)

I would love to see:

-New Characters

-New Dungeons

-New Loot

-New Game +

-Harder Difficulty (more mobs, more minibosses, and insane loot)

-Ranked Endless Battle (constant waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and bosses) One room endless enemies play till you die with just yourself or friends with an online ranking.

-Increased Level Cap (50 or higher)

-New Skills

-New Talents

-Ability to respec proficiencies (Limit one per playthrough to avoid abuse)

This is my favorite game I've played in a while and I love the fact I can game with friends in a drop in drop out scenario (Kinda like life friend drops in while I'm playing and they can pick up the controller and start playing with me). So yeah I know I'm not alone in saying I'd pay for more content for something which I enjoy this much.

All the above should had be already be found in-game. Am i asking too much? o.O of course my bad, in order to get this i will need to buy a dozen DLCs! Indeed this is a very constructive way of earning money. oldschool RPGs where developed for the gamers, not designed to make a bunch of money, i think this is the reason we still mention games from the 90s. If you think out of the box for a minute you would realize that this is very sad.

imo I think instead of a dlc they should make an expansion pack (although I dunno if Square will think it's viable).

I think in the expansion pack you should play as a new legion recruit (with a specified name for VA purposes I guess). You get to choose your class (Say, warrior, clockpunk mage or gunslinger- archon wouldn't work storywise and besides those three classes are badass enough). The level cap raises to 50 or even higher (just extend the length of the talent bars) and instead of being able to get all skills, instead you have a lot more skills but you can only pick 3 per stance (and an option to respec but it's fairly pricey). It's then possible to import this character into other people's MP games and you can retain your own loot and XP and stuff without bothering to mess with the story (in other people's games your character is just a generic legion recruit instead of an actual character). Local Couch co-op will just be the usual other player plays as the player's companion character (we'd still have companions right?).

All of this should help quell the MP complaints (which I don't mind but I understand the complaints and can see why they'd want it changed). And lack of content can be made up for by releasing a mod kit allowing all sorts of levels and stuff for the fans to create and play for many months.

And like everyone else, I'd love for the vanilla game to patch out the camera issues and WASD controls.

Agreed on a lot of these sentiments. I would like the WASD controls to be improved as well. A and D should allow you to strafe left or right (and as fast as moving forward instead of the slowly strafing movements in NWN2) rather than tilt the camera like that. I guess most people prefer the point click movements but I'm more of a WASD person myself.

Aside from that, I'd love to see any upcoming dlc, I guess it's too much to request a full expansion pack like MOTB or SoZ but dlc with new quests and stories that go past the ending (the ending certainly implied new upcoming stories) would be fun.

im with ya here make a d strafe keys without a doubt and have the camera stick to characters ass so if turning the camera follows instead of running backwards and such .

the camera in whole needs replaceing the angle and view + the shared camera in MP is just garbage

the character thing too they DID say you get ur own SP and MP characters i was figureing something like diablo 2 where u make x character and its stored on their servers where u can play several difficulitys with them and play through easy normal hard etc with the same character.

hell we all know dungeon crawlers are about playing the game MANY times with the same character and farming boss runs 1000x times for the phat loots so ULTIMATELY you can pvp and dual each other to see whos best lol

this is what i was preying for when i read about this game a replacement for diablo 2 a game that can last years not a day

sadly due to the MP camera shareing thing and not saving my character or loot i only played for 2 hours before i wanted to rip my damn hair out... or make a noose to hang myself with

@ this point all i can do is wait and prey to the gods they PATCH this and now

Agreed on a lot of these sentiments. I would like the WASD controls to be improved as well. A and D should allow you to strafe left or right (and as fast as moving forward instead of the slowly strafing movements in NWN2) rather than tilt the camera like that. I guess most people prefer the point click movements but I'm more of a WASD person myself.

Aside from that, I'd love to see any upcoming dlc, I guess it's too much to request a full expansion pack like MOTB or SoZ but dlc with new quests and stories that go past the ending (the ending certainly implied new upcoming stories) would be fun.

im with ya here make a d strafe keys without a doubt and have the camera stick to characters ass so if turning the camera follows instead of running backwards and such .

the camera in whole needs replaceing the angle and view + the shared camera in MP is just garbage

the character thing too they DID say you get ur own SP and MP characters i was figureing something like diablo 2 where u make x character and its stored on their servers where u can play several difficulitys with them and play through easy normal hard etc with the same character.

hell we all know dungeon crawlers are about playing the game MANY times with the same character and farming boss runs 1000x times for the phat loots so ULTIMATELY you can pvp and dual each other to see whos best lol

this is what i was preying for when i read about this game a replacement for diablo 2 a game that can last years not a day

sadly due to the MP camera shareing thing and not saving my character or loot i only played for 2 hours before i wanted to rip my damn hair out... or make a noose to hang myself with

@ this point all i can do is wait and prey to the gods they PATCH this and now

It saves your characters loot on whoever is the hosts machine. So if you want to do a coop game from start to finish you need to start from the beginning with the people you intend to play with, and only play that save with them.

But the loot imbalance is one of the reasons I made this thread. Just a slight tweak here could make the MP far better, that and the camera.

I would take any arena, or last stand type mode in this game. I'd pay for it too in some DLC. Add any kind of infinite replayability to this game and i'll be forever grateful.

That would be cool but I think they would have to implement persistent character saves to get that kind of stuff to work. Not that I woud be opposed to that in any way though ...

I would take any arena, or last stand type mode in this game. I'd pay for it too in some DLC. Add any kind of infinite replayability to this game and i'll be forever grateful.

That would be cool but I think they would have to implement persistent character saves to get that kind of stuff to work. Not that I woud be opposed to that in any way though ...

I wouldn't even mind having separate individual character saves for that different game mode. You could even strip the character names and create classes of sorts so players can use the same character. Although that wouldn't be super necessary as the 4 character balance is still fun and entertaining.

I'll take something like this in any form, and pay for it via DLC.