For Devs...

Hello, i will get straight to the point and try not to write a story. Dungeon Siege franchise is all about level up, loot...nothing more really, with Dungeon Siege III you brought new features to this franchise but you left a few things out. My biggest issue is the same thing i encountered with Dungeon Siege II, after you finish the game there is no way of going back and kill more monsters, collect more loot. Dungeon Siege III it's not an Adventure game where you get a Game Over after you beat the final boss and thats it, you should be able to go back and tweak your character. In 13 hours i managed to finish the game on Normal difficulty and after that my only option is to create a new character, i don't want this...i want to make maximum level and collect every Gold Item that is to be found, unfortunately i cannot do this. I believe you can make all monsters/bosses to re spawn with a simple patch. If i take a game like Diablo I for example that was made in 1996, even if you play it for like 20 years you could still go into some dungeon and kill something, get loot. Because of the Causeways you could make this possible and on top of that you can add new areas/monsters/bosses via DLC ( i am against DLC's but still i would buy something for an Action RPG ) and you can make regular updates ( you know the free version of DLC ) where you could add new items, sets and stuff like this. By this actions alone you would make players to insert Dungeon Siege III Blu-Ray/DvD and play the game for an unlimited amount of time and not be forgotten. This game is not Dragon Age, Mass Effect where you play it again because you want to see what is going on if you chose something different...i want to continue to level up my character and find new gear for my Lucas but i cannot. In my opinion it is unacceptable for this kind of game. As I say ed before, all this things can be achieved with some patches because you have all the tools and everything you need, now it's a matter of: Does Obsidian care about Dungeon Siege III or not? And because of the causeways you can add another "road" to some region from Dungeon Siege I/II for the franchise fans...but give me the ability to play this game. Even that epic fail Loki had the feature of re spawn...

I made this topic because i wish for a reply from the devs!

Best regards,

Sasha_Je

p.s. the reply value of an Action RPG game does not stand in how many times will you create a new character so you can juggle with some answers

In 13 hours

in 13 hours you should've hit the level cap anyway (it's 30).

don't bring Diablo up, because it works exactly the same. the cool thing about Diablo was its LAN, where you could start new games with the same character over and over again, jump to higher difficulty settings. but the core game stayed the same, you get to Hell, kill Diablo, game over.

anyway, 4 characters = 120 levels, the game's structure is non-linear, so you'll actually benefit from playing through it at least four times.

but if you don't care about the story, about your characters, about anything other than "DING", I guess this game isn't for you. that's too bad, but what do you want from the devs? to make a new game that suits your taste better?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It's not about a game that suits me...it's about an Action RPG game where you kill the final boss and you get a big Game Over as a reward. I want to be able to go and kill all the bosses again and again for more loot, and the most important aspect is that i want to do this with the Lucas i created first. I care about my character, thats why is hard for me to create a new one. In Diablo after you kill Baal or Diablo ;) it may be Game Over for you but it's very nice that you can go and kill it again, with the same character...maybe i want to kill some Cyclops in the Foundry what must i do? Create a new character play the game till i get to that point so i can go and kill those Cyclops? Let's not forget that in Dungeon Siege I you could reach the maximum level of 250 because you could kill monsters over and over again...this games are about level up and items but without monsters you can't do that so in my opinion this is a big issue. And by the way if you want to care so much about your characters go and play Dragon Age/Mass Effect where the hole game is about dialogues. And what i want with the devs? Well i am quite curios about their opinion and how come in all the old games of the same genre of course you have this tiny small thing that keeps the flame on while in 2011 we have an Action RPG with a game duration of 13 hours...even in that low game White Knight Chronicles i still got 100+ hours because after you finish the game you can go and still kill stuff or even kill the final boss for how many times you want.

Its amazing how tastes can differ. The things you find interesting and longlasting (Grinding/Bossruns) are incredible boring to me (Thats also probably why I'm not that big into MMOs or Diablo Style ARPGS). Part of the reason I will replay DSIII because it is as "short" as it is.

I had 17 hours as I finished the game. So even that can vary.

Also thats my opinion on the matter so please don't think of it as an attack. It's not meant to be one. ;)

Edited by C2B

No worry mate, the thing is Dungeon Siege is about grinding. And i see no reason in killing monsters, gaining loot if i can't enjoy it. I like to play as a Warrior, so if i create a new Lucas all i will do is think about what items i had on the other Lucas, and just because of this it's pointless to play the game again because in the end i won't end up with nothing just a different narration. In Dungeon Siege II you could not get to maximum level because the monsters would no re spawn, now you can't even get in-game to see your gear or do something. It would have been nice after the final boss battle to be teleport in some Chapter house and be able to go everyone and kill monsters. This is all i am saying, if you find this boring, create a new character but it's your choice not the games.

Its amazing how tastes can differ. The things you find interesting and longlasting (Grinding/Bossruns) are incredible boring to me (Thats also probably why I'm not that big into MMOs or Diablo Style ARPGS). Part of the reason I will replay DSIII because it is as "short" as it is.

Also thats my opinion on the matter so please don't think of it as an attack. It's not meant to be one. :)

i completely agree. i finished in 18 hours and the very reason i love this game is because it has a finite ending to it.

i dont play mmo's because of the grind, and boss running. very very boring seeing the same things over and over.

I'm not a huge fan of "Baal runs" or that type of Dungeon Crawling experience.

I am in favor of endless randomly generated dungeons to take my hero through.

So far, the dungeons i've played through in DS3 are excellent. Enemies and bosses are great, and the dungeons are well thought out. I know this isn't a random dungeon game, but I do want more of what i'm getting now and I haven't even completed the game =)

I just don't get you people...why would you like to create a new character? So you can chose to kill Jane at the end? I for one chose for her to rebuild the kingdom. I like this game, and with a little imagination it can be done something truly amazing but at this moment is kinda gimped. Dungeon Siege is all about new items and level up, if you don't like that go play something else. My only problem is that there is no way to play with my Lucas after i finished the game. I want to play with the character i invested 13 hours of gameplay, with my deeds, my items, my companion and his items. Dungeon Siege is about this...i ain't gone stand by and wait for some 10 quid DLC so i can add 1 hour gameplay...Dragon Age. In this moment i want to play Dungeon Siege III but i can't because the game doesn't allow it. I didn't ask for random generated maps or different game mechanics just for a lousy re spawn...Action RPG/Dungeon Crawlers are all about level up, items, bosses and stuff like this. I don't know what you played till now if you don't know this. And i would like a dev to come and tell me what to do, i want to continue and play the game as my level 28 Lucas! Can't believe i am having this conversations about a game like this, it's not some adventure game or God knows what. If the devs wanted people to replay the game so they can take other decisions why bother adding items, levels, skills if you can't keep them and one last thing as an RPG fan i wish to have a proper reward for killing the final boss not a 3 minute "cinematic".

Dungeon Siege is all about new items and level up, if you don't like that go play something else.

we are playing something else, thanks for the advice though :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Also thats my opinion on the matter so please don't think of it as an attack. It's not meant to be one. :lol:

I'm confused at why some peoples times are so high... mine was around 10 hours... I got every lore entry, every quest, etc, etc. There are no NPC's to interact with other than quest givers, no mini games, really nothing to do other than the main quest... The only way I can see people taking so long is people getting stuck on boss fights... I played on hardcore and learned the encounters fairly quickly... they only require a few tries to learn some of the harder ones and then another try to execute it all... I find it very hard to believe it took you another 7 hours on top of what it took me to learn such encounters... unless of course you are generally bad at video games?

First playthrough = 10 hours... any playthrough after 5-6 hours.

I must say I agree, this game shouldn't just end, its going to make the game lose interest for me VERY quickly...

The devs got a lot of things right with this game but also a few key parts VERY wrong...

1. The difficulty is waaaaaay to easy, normal is a joke! Through my whole normal game with Kat I didn't die once and only felt a lilworried that I might maybe 3 or 4 times and I've never played any other dungeon siege games...heroic is more challenging but seems more like it should be normal

2. The camera... omfg the camera... you guys must have not even tried playing the game co op with 4 ppl before you released it otherwise u would have figured out how terrible of a setup you created! The area is waaaaaay to small for 4 people to play, you end up getting teleported back to the host constantly which is stupid and you can't even have one person run forward and pull them back into a trap or anything cause of the area. It seems to me like they setup the co op on a singhle console/pc and got lazy and couldn't be bothered writing a different setup for online... bad bad bad bad design...

3. Not getting anything from playing someone elses co op game... another retarded move, their excuse is that its meant to be played with friends so you can help them then they help you... really? That is just stupid, its an online game and just cause I got the game doesn't mean my friends are going to get it, so what your left wit is playing with random and getting nothing for it... why could it have been made so you have ur own online heroes u can use? It saves what items you have and ability scores at every level and u just save at the normal save points but your not saving where your up to your saving ur character... easy fixed, and since it saves ur exact items at every level and records them you can go back to any point and play with ur character at any level online with co op... I thought of that in 30secs just now, why couldn't the devs?

And 4. The ops orinigal point... its a hack and slash dungeon crawl game that's all about leveling and loot... obsidian have said that themselves in interviews... so why would they just stop the leveling and loot acquiring at lvl 30 after you best the boss? Tke a look at diablo 1 or 2 an learn from the best... there is a reason ppl are still playing that game and you could have do he the same sort of effect with this game if u had spent

more time on the game asnd less thinking about getting it out quicker since it was a franchise game and making money.

Also thats my opinion on the matter so please don't think of it as an attack. It's not meant to be one. :rolleyes:

I'm confused at why some peoples times are so high... mine was around 10 hours... I got every lore entry, every quest, etc, etc. There are no NPC's to interact with other than quest givers, no mini games, really nothing to do other than the main quest... The only way I can see people taking so long is people getting stuck on boss fights... I played on hardcore and learned the encounters fairly quickly... they only require a few tries to learn some of the harder ones and then another try to execute it all... I find it very hard to believe it took you another 7 hours on top of what it took me to learn such encounters... unless of course you are generally bad at video games?

First playthrough = 10 hours... any playthrough after 5-6 hours.

Yes, naturally anyone who says it took them longer to finish than it took you is not telling the truth.... Or must be really a bad player.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I've got approx 15 hours for the first playthrough and I think I've been pretty fast already. Didn't explored anything and have done only sidequests that I've found on my way through the gameworld.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've got approx 15 hours for the first playthrough and I think I've been pretty fast already. Didn't explored anything and have done only sidequests that I've found on my way through the gameworld.

I actually did near everything but I only died three times during the entire game (normal and that amounted to 10 min. max for all three thanks to nearby save points) (one of em through carlesness). I also skipped enemies at the end too.

I can't really believe the ten hours expect if you just skip most conversations and enemies. I mean it just surprises me that such a reduction is possible while doing everything.

Edited by C2B

+1 FaceGoober, finally someone who knows what a Action RPG/Dungeon Crawler is and most important what Dungeon Siege is. I do hope the devs will come realy soon with some news about a patch that will fix this "Game Over" issue that is game braking. In this genre this "feature" is a must tho it's missing from games for some years. Take a look at Torchlight, you have monster re spawn but no bosses. It feels kinda pointless...and even that low budget game from Gameloft Dungeon Hunter Alliance has monster re spawn including the final boss...this games are for people who like to level up and loot monsters, Treasure Hunters! ;)