What if Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound was released?

Cutlock

Now here is what I think would have happened if Herve wasn't such a cheap bastard:

1) Interplay makes deal for PC and Console Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale Games.

2) 2004: Interplay releases Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II to extremely positive sales due to its "connection" with Jefferson.

3) 2004: FR6 is revealed to be Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound, plot is given and fans are exited.

4) 2004-2005: The Black Hound gets released to critical sales and reception.

From here we can go three ways as Dark Alliance II's sales would have been high if Jefferson was not canceled, I bet you.

WAY 1:

A) Interplay keeps Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale console license.

B) They announce Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III

C) They release Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III

D) They announce Icewind Dale PS3.

E) They release Icewind Dale PS3. (We should be at about 2008/2009 here)

WAY 2:

A) Interplay keeps the PC License for BG and ID.

B) They announce Icewind Dale III as a midquel for Icewind Dale II and Baldur's Gate III.

C) They release Icewind Dale III. (As RPG's take some time we should be at about 2006 late or 2007 early here)

D) They announce Baldur's Gate IV

E) They release Baldur's Gate IV (We should be at 2009/2010)

WAY 3:

A) Interplay keeps both licenses for BG and ID.

B) Interplay makes Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance III. (As Interplay has its own team as well)

C) Black Isle makes Icewind Dale III for the PC and an Icewind Dale remake for the PS3.

D) BG:DA3 comes out in 2006-2007.

E) ID3 comes out in 2007-2008.

Also, The Black Hound did not have to be canceled. Black Isle could have just made the game for the 360 as a console game.

Sign the petition:

http://www.petitionhosting.com/petitions/bgda123

DS3 is pretty much Dark Alliance 3, only without the D&D connection (which is a good thing).

all I want is a party based Icewind Dale 3. I don't care how they make it, what combat system it will have, what edition of the rules they use, as long as it has a full party and the old Black Isle crew works on it, it's going to be the best dungeon crawler of the decade for me. Diablo 3, eat your heart out

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I love it when someone makes a post like this.

I was playing nice, this thread is foolish.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

No it is my first what-if. Its the first time I said what if.

I did play DS3, for a Xbox 360 game. Too short.

You know what, if you think this thread is foolish, then get a mod to remove it. I let you.

What if I quoted your last thread?

Well, don't trust Gearbox.

Basically 15 years in development that Gearbox ruined and made it a 45 % average for the Xbox 360.

What if Obsidian made Duke Nukem: Forever. How would things be different? You tell me. Ill list my thoughts later.

And while I appreciate the challenge, getting any mods here to do any work is just not worth the trouble :p

Edited by Purkake

No it is my first what-if. Its the first time I said what if.

What if I quoted your last thread?

What if Obsidian made Duke Nukem: Forever. How would things be different? You tell me. Ill list my thoughts later.

That made me lol :thumbsup:

But, what if he forgets every thread he makes the moment he clicks "Post New Topic"?

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

But, what if he forgets every thread he makes the moment he clicks "Post New Topic"?

Time to get them tattooed, I guess.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Time to get them tattooed, I guess.

Backwards so he can read them, or we can implant the memories of said threads and the future ones while he is dreaming.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif