PC version is broken

Rather than complaining on the many different topics, I'm just going to wrap it up into the I want my $50 back post.

1) Controls. We need to be able to change the key bindings and the default should be WASD for movement and mouse for camera angle. I also need more they two viewing angles and i need to be able to zoom out much further

2) Multiplayer is completely broken.

a) Sharing the same camera... really... and with such a close zoom. My friends and I played for a couple minutes before we went to the forums in disbelief that this was our only option.

b) Individual characters need to progress in multiplayer games. Being a backseat player is someone else's game is pointless.

3) I can't see what equipment I can use before I buy it from the vendor and once I've purchased it I can only sell it back at 5% of the cost... Thanks guys.

I fell obligated to tell everyone I know not to buy the game. I played for about 5 minutes and I'm not even going to open it up again until this gets fixed. I love this genre of games and I can't even bring myself to play this. It's a huge FU to all the PC gamers.

3) You can. See the huge faces of characters above/behind item names, both when you pick them up and in the merchant window. That tells you who it is for. Faces are greyed out if you haven't met the character yet, but it's still easy to tell in the silhouettes.

Well.. this game it's meant to be played with a pc gamepad.. the experience it's much better.. with keyboard/mouse it's playable but it's much better with a gamepad.

About online.. I can agree at some point.. but if you want to help a friend then maybe MP can be fun.

And the equipment there is faces behind their names.. so check that again.

I just finished the game and it's really fun.. I hope they give us a New game + later and some missions DLC.. in the mean time I'll try another character.

I agree KB/M should be better / remappable, but when you get used to it it works perfectly well. The flaw is that it takes an hour or two to get used to, which sucks. Hopefully they manage to put keymapping in the next patch like they say they want to.

3) I can't see what equipment I can use before I buy it from the vendor and once I've purchased it I can only sell it back at 5% of the cost... Thanks guys.

I made an image to help you find out what equipment your character can and can't use:

unledjp.jpg

Note: This item is for Reinhart; you can tell because it has Reinhart's face on it.

There is a similar system for drops from monsters as well.

I agree KB/M should be better / remappable, but when you get used to it it works perfectly well. The flaw is that it takes an hour or two to get used to, which sucks. Hopefully they manage to put keymapping in the next patch like they say they want to.

For fifty bucks it should only take me 10min to get used to it. I can go back to playing ME3 after not playing it since Kasumi DLC and it takes me 5min to relearn and remap after I have been playing other new releases. I am just not that satisfied with it, the controls and game play should be intuitive than this.

For fifty bucks it should only take me 10min to get used to it. I can go back to playing ME3 after not playing it since Kasumi DLC and it takes me 5min to relearn and remap after I have been playing other new releases. I am just not that satisfied with it, the controls and game play should be intuitive than this.

The price of the game never ensures the time it takes to get used to the controls.. it's already said that key binding will be added in future updates.

I've played with m/k and it's playabe.. actually I played about 2 hours like that and then I tested my gamepad and I was more confortable with it. This is like complaining because playing Street Fighter 4 with a keyboard it's not the same as it is in consoles.

The game it's pretty good.. u are complaining too much and missing all the fun and pretty good boss battles and questing.

Cheers

Registered specifically to agree with the original poster.

Complete lack of keybinding is insulting in this day and age. I would also like to mention that the lack of a fullscreen windowed mode is also ludicous. These should be standard features in any PC game, something that should be in before the game even reaches an alpha stage. For a release candidate to not have these simple features...

Glad I did not spend money on this game yet. Going to recommend to my friends not to get it either unless this is fixed soon. We will speak with our wallets on this one.

I want to give you my money for this game, so do my friends but as potential customers we feel our reasonable needs are not being met. Please fix and we will happily spend our money on your game.

Thank you.

Keymapping is said to be on the list for the next patch ('soon').

Fullscreen windowed isn't 'standard' - though if you want it, at least DS3 appears to alt-tab very well. Too many PC games freeze or hang when alt-tabbing.

I guess you are not a fan of flight simulators then :)

Hate the living, love the dead.

I made an image to help you find out what equipment your character can and can't use:

unledjp.jpg

Note: This item is for Reinhart; you can tell because it has Reinhart's face on it.

There is a similar system for drops from monsters as well.

I know determined pants very well.

I wish everyone could experience this game on the Xbox 360 Controller. With it, the control layout is brilliant.

No complaints from this Xbox guy. I'm sorry keyboard/mouse guys are having difficulty.

I play on my PS3 and have no problems either. Infact, playing it with my ps3 and the recent Mortal Kombat I find that the controls are similar for "Empowered" abilities eventhough both games are different genres.

Edited by glenn3e

I wish everyone could experience this game on the Xbox 360 Controller. With it, the control layout is brilliant.

No complaints from this Xbox guy. I'm sorry keyboard/mouse guys are having difficulty.

Or any controller.. I have a Genius gamepad and works great.. but I insist.. with k/m it's just a thing of 1 hour or two and u get used to it. Both ways are playable.. of course keybinding will make this way easier.. so an update should fix that soon I hope.

Or any controller.. I have a Genius gamepad and works great.. but I insist.. with k/m it's just a thing of 1 hour or two and u get used to it. Both ways are playable.. of course keybinding will make this way easier.. so an update should fix that soon I hope.

In my 10+ years that I was a PC gamer, I never had trouble figuring out controls to a perfection within the first 30 minutes of a game. I can't see DS3 being that much more difficult, or maybe modern PC gamers are spoiled? :)

This game has skills that uses button combination for empowered versions and for another set of skills to use on the fly.. because of that without keybinding it's a little hard in the beginning.. but when they fix that everyone can bind them as they wish and problem fixed.

This game has skills that uses button combination for empowered versions and for another set of skills to use on the fly.. because of that without keybinding it's a little hard in the beginning.. but when they fix that everyone can bind them as they wish and problem fixed.

Makes sense. I'm in favor of anyone being able to enjoy the ballet of combat they've crafted in this game. So if thats what it takes for PC guys to get the most out of it, then please implement it :)

The careful balance of building focus, using specials, and building power orbs to unleash the powerful attacks or defensive moves is perfect and I love it. The xbox controller setup is amazing for it as well.

So yeah, go post this in the request thread I made. If we gain enough attention they just might do it =)

It's important to complain. There's a certain amount of whining, yes, but complaining is the #1 way companies have to improve themselves. If we don't complain, how do they know to better meet our needs? Ask any business owner who their best customer is and they'll tell you it's the one that complains the most.

Anyways, yeah I can eventually get used to the controls. Just like I can adapt to their being no full screen windowed mode. It just means I won't buy more of their product or recommend it to friends. Just like if a restaurant screws up my order and forgets the pickles. I love pickles and when I ask for them, I want a lot of pickles. But if they forget or skimp on the pickles I'm not going to recommend the place to friends or go there again.

Give me my pickles Obsidian and I'll get you 20 more customers.

Edited by Zehnpai

PC gamers can, that's just the thing. They're just too stuck within their own ways to try it. To them it's not a PC game without specific things, and they'll refuse to play it more on principle than because they cannot play it.

As for keybinding, why not just bind keys to your mouse? Most PC gamers nowadays have a half decent mouse with multiple bindable buttons on it, yes? (I know mine does, lol)

Edited by Unreal Warfare

It's important to complain. There's a certain amount of whining, yes, but complaining is the #1 way companies have to improve themselves. If we don't complain, how do they know to better meet our needs? Ask any business owner who their best customer is and they'll tell you it's the one that complains the most.

Constructive criticism is what's needed. In a polite manner. Not "This game sucks!" "Controls are horrible trash!" (and no, copy pasting lines like this a million times is not constructive criticism either - you know who you are) "Obsidian stop making games/ruining franchises!"

Plus, saying controls suck just points out what you don't like, not what you need. Offer insight on how it could be better. Fortunately the number of people who give useful feedback has increased since last week.

Edited by Oner