Initial Thoughts

Hey guys, first of all I'm new here and this is my first post. So hey :)

I decided to join the forum as I had no other way of contacting Obsidian directly.

Having just finished my first (certainly won't be my last) playthrough of Alpha Protocol and I have to say, all expectations aside, I was blown away. I know Obsidian have a stigma attached to them for not being able to finish games off (whether true or not) but I've played Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout: New Vegas and KOTOR: Sith Lords and I can safely say I've preferred each of these games to their predecessors. Regardless of gloss, whether the story was trimmed, whether parts were left out or tacked on I've preffered all 3 of Obsidians sequels, because they attempt to do something different all the time and improve on what has been given to them. If they had the resources of other, much larger developers, I can only imagine what they'd be capable of.

Anyway, I loved Alpha Protocol. It may have looked a little dated in parts but all characters felt believable, Thorton wasn't a complete non-entity like leading men/women in a lot of games these days and being a huge RPG-er I spent countless hours playing around with the customization options. If the AI had been 100%, I can imagine this game would've been almost equal to Mass Effect, in terms of gameplay, as that is the game that I identify most with when playing Alpha Protocol.

I've also read in the past day or so that SEGA have said 'no' to a second game. All I can say is that is a massive shame, as I imagine that if Obsidian had the chance to follow this unpolished gem up, they'd only improve on it more.

Congratulations on Alpha Protocol, Obsidian, you've blown me away again. I got this for just

• 4 weeks later...

I love the game too. One thing to consider about a possible sequel - although SEGA is no longer on board, it doesn't mean Obsidian can't get published through someone else. SEGA's dropped a lot of cool developers that went on to make more titles.

No offense to any SEGA fanboys out there, but can't we agree that SEGA isn't the best at investment decisions? Even when they're leading the pack and ahead of the times they manage to fu(k things up quite nicely.