This is NOT Dungeon Siege

It may have the name Dungeon Siege in the title, but that does not make it a Dungeon Siege game. I can't believe you put out this **** and try to pass it off as a Dungeon Siege game. There is nothing in this game that is specific to Dungeon Siege. Sure it has all the elements that EVERY other action RPG has like looting, the third person isometric view, etc... But that does not make the game. Dungeon Siege did things that no other action RPG did. The levelling system for one was completely original, what ever you used (i.e. melee, combat magic, nature magic, ranged) was what you levelled up in. There was no earning points and putting them where ever you wanted, it was a simple, effective RPG levelling system that made sense and worked very well! You could also have pack animals, DS2 even added pets that could fight by your side, and also added special abilities that allowed for a devistating attack every now and again. I understand that it has been a few years since the last DS game, but to take everything out of the game that made it Dungeon Siege is going to far. Chris Taylor should be ashamed of himself for allowing this to happen, and obsidian should get sued for destroying a good franchize! I hate this game, it sucks, and I want my money back!

It may have the name Dungeon Siege in the title, but that does not make it a Dungeon Siege game. I can't believe you put out this **** and try to pass it off as a Dungeon Siege game. There is nothing in this game that is specific to Dungeon Siege. Sure it has all the elements that EVERY other action RPG has like looting, the third person isometric view, etc... But that does not make the game. Dungeon Siege did things that no other action RPG did. The levelling system for one was completely original, what ever you used (i.e. melee, combat magic, nature magic, ranged) was what you levelled up in. There was no earning points and putting them where ever you wanted, it was a simple, effective RPG levelling system that made sense and worked very well! You could also have pack animals, DS2 even added pets that could fight by your side, and also added special abilities that allowed for a devistating attack every now and again. I understand that it has been a few years since the last DS game, but to take everything out of the game that made it Dungeon Siege is going to far. Chris Taylor should be ashamed of himself for allowing this to happen, and obsidian should get sued for destroying a good franchize! I hate this game, it sucks, and I want my money back!

fallout3_3_lg.jpg

Etc.

Its my first dungeon siege but I cant believe that there is no multiplayer character, that u are not able to level up in multiplayer. and that there is only one screen or camera even in multiplayer coop.

I bought this game to play it togethwer online with my friend but the multiplayer is really fail....

The levelling system for one was completely original, what ever you used (i.e. melee, combat magic, nature magic, ranged) was what you levelled up in.

tell that to the Elder Scrolls fans

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yes, this game doesn't have a mule nor does it play itself. It's a travesty.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Welcome to 2 weeks ago.

The levelling system for one was completely original, what ever you used (i.e. melee, combat magic, nature magic, ranged) was what you levelled up in.

tell that to the Elder Scrolls fans

Or the Quest for Glory fans.

this game doesn't have a mule

it does. it's dead though :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Not a fan of Dungeon Siege 3, then?

I quite like it, and I think that in few ways, it's better than the previous games. It's a different spin on it, sure. But it feels more modern and more challenging.

Ye, this is game definately isn't Dungeon Siege, it's Dungeon Siege 3.

Yeah they called it Dungeon Siege 3, but it does no honor to the Dungeon Siege games, and certainly does not follow the same system that was setup in the first two. Since none of that was in there it is not Dungeon Siege game. Like FarCry2 had nothing to do with the original FarCry but they insisted in calling it FarCry2 anyway. Anyway, clearly a ****ty console port to PC, PC users screwed again!

I'm a PC gamer only. Dungeon Siege 3 is great by my estimation. Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 were terribly dumbed down in my opinion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm a PC gamer only. Dungeon Siege 3 is great by my estimation. Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 were terribly dumbed down in my opinion.

I disagree, the first two were brilliant in my opinion and by DS standards this games falls way short. That being said, I dont think its a bad game, in fact it is fun and enjoyable. My point is I dont see how they can call it Dungeon Siege when it is nothing like the originals. That makes it hard for me to really get into it and enjoy it. In light of that I guess I will be relying on Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 when they come out.

My point is I dont see how they can call it Dungeon Siege when it is nothing like the originals.

is it written somewhere (some sequel making code of honor or something) that sequels have to be exact copies but with different content? just chill.

a lot more people didn't like the first DS, than did. so it's a welcome change. you've been heard, great, still doesn't mean your opinion is the only right one, why enforce it here?

Walsingham said:

While I am not related to an Obsidian developer I feel it is my duty as a member of this forum offer some form of apologies that the game did not meet up to your expectations of what the title would imply. Sadly, much like what was implied with the Fallout 3 image, there has to be some form of evolution (Or devolution, as some may argue) in the game title especially if it fell onto "hard times" and wasn't renewed. Call it a sacrifice games make in order to fit in the gaming world we know today; or something Obsidian as a whole wanted to do so that you could have four incredibly unique characters instead of four Barbie/Ken Dolls that you could prissy up and specialize how you wish.

My point is I dont see how they can call it Dungeon Siege when it is nothing like the originals.

is it written somewhere (some sequel making code of honor or something) that sequels have to be exact copies but with different content? just chill.

a lot more people didn't like the first DS, than did. so it's a welcome change. you've been heard, great, still doesn't mean your opinion is the only right one, why enforce it here?

I'm not talking exact copies here, I am talking about some resemblence of the former games, and other than it being an isometric action rpg it is nothing like the first two at all. And why are you telling me to chill? I mean I did pay $50 for this game and I am not happy with what I paid for, doesnt that give me the right to complain? Last time I checked it did, and thats all this is, me expressing my dissappointment in the game like anyone else here would do if it were one of your favorite. I'm not enforcing anything.

While I am not related to an Obsidian developer I feel it is my duty as a member of this forum offer some form of apologies that the game did not meet up to your expectations of what the title would imply. Sadly, much like what was implied with the Fallout 3 image, there has to be some form of evolution (Or devolution, as some may argue) in the game title especially if it fell onto "hard times" and wasn't renewed. Call it a sacrifice games make in order to fit in the gaming world we know today; or something Obsidian as a whole wanted to do so that you could have four incredibly unique characters instead of four Barbie/Ken Dolls that you could prissy up and specialize how you wish.

Thank you for understanding me, and in fact making my point. I agree that as time goes on and sequels and re-makes get made that there is a natural evolution that occurs, and should occur to keep up with new technology and breath new life into old ideas or games. Now if DS3 had come out and had maybe the core system at the heart of the game and then they had just built upon what was already there like they did with DS2 then I would be all for it. DS3 didnt even have a point and click option, let alone anything that came out of the original games. These are things that shouldnt be sacrificed.

this game is bad bad, not configurable keys, keyboard mouse unplayable ..

DS3 is a game console and has nothing to do with DS and DS2

really disappointed to have buy >_<

There's a patch on the way dude.

Edited by AddziX

Thank you for understanding me, and in fact making my point. I agree that as time goes on and sequels and re-makes get made that there is a natural evolution that occurs, and should occur to keep up with new technology and breath new life into old ideas or games. Now if DS3 had come out and had maybe the core system at the heart of the game and then they had just built upon what was already there like they did with DS2 then I would be all for it. DS3 didnt even have a point and click option, let alone anything that came out of the original games. These are things that shouldnt be sacrificed.

Even if it needed a revamped control system to move on with the times? DS1 and DS2 practically played theselves. There's some real strategy and challenge in DS3.

On the flipside, I can see why some PC fans are annoyed by what is obviously a made-for-console game.

doesnt that give me the right to complain?

no, it really doesn't.

besides, there's a lot of similarities, other than not having a huge party following me and a different combat system, it feels very much like DS. which is everything I could have hoped for. so, you don't like to press buttons to play your characters, that's ok, you made your point. now what?

Walsingham said: