Hi there,

I'm on my way to Stonebridge but have still got an active quest I want to complete. The quest is in Gunderic Manor and it is to do with the Heart of Nagog. You have the option to either destroy it or leave it alone. I decided to leave it alone because my AI party member Anjani said it was a good idea not to destroy it based on the books you find in the Manor.

My question is this - how can you complete the quest if you leave the Heart of Nagog alone? Is there anything to press or anyone to talk to? In the quest objective it says there 'might' be consequences if you destroy it so that is the main reason I want to leave it alone. Is it actually possible to leave it alone and to have the quest completed?

Many thanks,

I don't think this is the right forum for this. anyway, go and fight the boss (he's in the next room), once you've killed it, the quest giver will spawn at the entrance (I think), and she will comment on your decision (destroyed/didn't destroy). afaik, the boss fight is harder if you don't destroy it, I'm not sure.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh... well, that makes sense :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I left it alone thinking it might give me influence points with Lucas, but nope. However after beating the angry red glowy guy, I told the quest giver that I wasn't ready to leave yet....so I went back into the room and broke it, freeing the spirit girl. The quest giver didn't say anything about it either, when I went back to say I was ready to leave. (edit: I thought she might, since she commented how I'd left her a new toy...and then I went & deprived her of it, heh)

So you can have your cake and eat it too. Mmm, cake.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bet it doesn't matter if you destroy it after speaking to her, otherwise sounds like a broken script

Walsingham said:

I bet it doesn't matter if you destroy it after speaking to her, otherwise sounds like a broken script

Pretty much. Its also the weakest choice in the entire game. The one right after with deciding to keep the chapterhouse or giving it to Leona has a bigger influence.

btw, what's the purpose of influence points? determines which end-game slide will your companion get?

Walsingham said:

At the moment there is no real outcome for destroying the Heart of Naggog. To all we know it could influence a possible planned DLC.

btw, what's the purpose of influence points? determines which end-game slide will your companion get?

Stat bonuses. At certain intervals you get bonuses for having your "trust" rating at certain points. There is no way to lose influence (Which I like; I would be saving and reloading in order to maximize that stuff it you didn't)

Endslides for companions are determined by a mix of (majorly) NPC Interaction and (secondary) Choices. At least thats the impression I got so far. If you don't really use a companion at all in conversations he doesn't get a seperate Endslide.

Endslides for companions are determined by a mix of (majorly) NPC Interaction and (secondary) Choices. At least thats the impression I got so far. If you don't really use a companion at all in conversations he doesn't get a seperate Endslide.

That explains why I didn't get any end slide for Lucas & Reinhart >_<

Hate the living, love the dead.

Which is interesting; I didn't get any slides for Reinhart at all even though I maxed him out. I don't think there were any slides for them to begin with

I didn't try Reinhart yet, but I got slides for Katarina and Anjali.

Anjali for example has a slide where she

leads the Archons.

Edited by C2B

Actually the boss is harder if you destroy it.

wow thats nice... he was hard without destroying it. I guess next time i must be prepared to have a long fight.

Which is interesting; I didn't get any slides for Reinhart at all even though I maxed him out. I don't think there were any slides for them to begin with

I didn't try Reinhart yet, but I got slides for Katarina and Anjali.

Anjali for example has a slide where she

leads the Archons.

Anjali is a special case; she was already destined for greatness because of what she is (Bring her along to the final battle). As for slides for Katarina... Interesting

Thanks for all your replies so far.

The reason why I created this topic in the first place is because of the objective and supposed choice you have.

The quest objective is 'Decide what to do with Heart of Nagog'. The description says that if you destroy it there might be unforseen consequences and Anjani actually told me it is for the best to leave it alone, which I did.

Seen as I have actually made the choice of leaving it alone, how come the quest is still active? What I'd really like to know is if you can complete this quest and actually not destroy it.

If you read all the books in Gunderic Manor, Anjani actually says it is not a good idea not to destroy it. Seen as the quest objective actually says to decide on what to do, I do not understand why you cannot complete the quest by leaving it alone. It sounds to me like there isn't a choice at all and you HAVE to destroy it.

I'd also like to ask anyone who didn't destroy it whether anything happens afterwards based on your choice of leaving it alone. I'm hoping someone you talk to mentions it and that way the quest ends. It just doesn't make any sense to me that the quest objective says to decide what to do with it yet you cannot seemingly complete quest unless you destroy the damn thing. Crazy.

Cheers,

Thanks for all your replies so far.

The reason why I created this topic in the first place is because of the objective and supposed choice you have.

The quest objective is 'Decide what to do with Heart of Nagog'. The description says that if you destroy it there might be unforseen consequences and Anjani actually told me it is for the best to leave it alone, which I did.

Seen as I have actually made the choice of leaving it alone, how come the quest is still active? What I'd really like to know is if you can complete this quest and actually not destroy it.

If you read all the books in Gunderic Manor, Anjani actually says it is not a good idea not to destroy it. Seen as the quest objective actually says to decide on what to do, I do not understand why you cannot complete the quest by leaving it alone. It sounds to me like there isn't a choice at all and you HAVE to destroy it.

I'd also like to ask anyone who didn't destroy it whether anything happens afterwards based on your choice of leaving it alone. I'm hoping someone you talk to mentions it and that way the quest ends. It just doesn't make any sense to me that the quest objective says to decide what to do with it yet you cannot seemingly complete quest unless you destroy the damn thing. Crazy.

Cheers,

Seems like a bug to me. Once Leona acknowledges you didn't destroy it,they should have marked the quest complete.

• 3 weeks later...

It is not a bug by definition. It is just another oversight, mening an omission, an error by the developers.

I believe it was meant to be used later:

Remember that Gunderic stole the Heart of Nagog from the "First People". You could have been given the

option to return it to their grand shaman Maru-yetum in the "Damp" (swamp). It could have been used as

a bargaining chip to free Phineas and the other Royalists, captured by the First People.

Of course, that would be just too logical for this game and would not fit the story. My other theory is that

the writer quit prior that quest was finalized and didn't warn anybody before he left :lol:

So it goes with low-budget productions :yucky:

Sweatcog: Engineering is ten percent innovation, twenty percent math, and eighty percent perspiration.

Remember that Gunderic stole the Heart of Nagog from the "First People". You could have been given the

option to return it to their grand shaman Maru-yetum in the "Damp" (swamp). It could have been used as

a bargaining chip to free Phineas and the other Royalists, captured by the First People.

Of course, that would be just too logical for this game and would not fit the story. My other theory is that

the writer quit prior that quest was finalized and didn't warn anybody before he left ;)

So it goes with low-budget productions :yucky:

What do you mean by that? If we are talking purely narrativly DSIII is one of the most logical games I have seen in years. Not an attack just genuinly interested on your reasons here.

Its probably an oversight like you say (And if I remember right a Dev said that the quest actually should close at that point). Its still a lot less than in other Obsidian games though. :lol:

I don't know if DSIII is low-budget. It definitly did not have remotly the budget of F:NV and probably went somewhat under than other projects but it still got some attention by SQE.

Edited by C2B