Stuttering Sounds

nugar

Question

I have a stuttering sound issue with DS3 especially with the voice turned up, sounds like you're in an echo chamber, I am using the onboard Realtek sound with the very latest HD drivers, but it makes no difference. Has anyone else sufferedfrom this, and if is there any sort of fix for it. I am running Windows 7 x86 Ultimate as well, any help is most appreciated.

7 answers to this question

I don't know if your problem is related to the sound issues I've seen on other forums, but people have fixed the sound stuttering by setting DS3 to Low Priority in Task Manager. Just a temporary fix until Obsidian fixes it, I guess. Let me know if it works.

It seems to alleviate the problem somewhat, still just minor hiccups with the sound but nowhere near as bad as it was before, let's hope they can fix it with a patch and we don't have to keep setting the Priority to low every time we want to play the game.

I have the same stuttering issues, and I also happen to have a Realtek sound card, so it appears it may be an issue specifically related to Realtek sound cards... I am attaching my Dxdiag text file to hopefully help in determining the source of the problem.

"Alien"

DxDiag.txt

I have this same issue as well and I have realtek hd audio built into my mobo.

I set the priority to low via task manager and the problem went away. I even set it back to normal and the problem came right back.

Edited by olduwan

Patch fixed the keybinding (thank you!), but it doesn't look like they addressed the sound stuttering issue... It's still extremely horrible. Changing the priority only helps a tiny bit--not much. Is this being looked into? It's extremely annoying.

"Alien"