Xbox Bug - Free the Krug

AddziX

Question

I'm in Stonebridge and the last mission I have to do is free the Krug. I speak to the automaton, and ask to speak to the Krug. Then I regain control and can't do anything with the gate behind the automaton. When I speak to him again, I get the same dialogue choices as before. Even if I make a decision, nothing happens.

Anyone else had this?

14 answers to this question

Speak to the protesters arguing for the freedom of the Krug - they are at the first savepoint when you enter the Meisterhall.

Speak to the protesters arguing for the freedom of the Krug - they are at the first savepoint when you enter the Meisterhall.

Nope. Doesn't work. Now the three people shouting "free the krug" have gone, and the one woman won't give me any dialogue options. I've reloaded from a save point and the same thing happens when I attempt to talk to the krug.

Sorry - you said you are able to tell the automaton you have made a decision? Which decision did you make and what happens after that? From memory, you never touch the jail gate - you just tell the automaton what you want done, then report the results to Fiddlewick or whatever the Meister's name was.

you talk to automaton

ask to speak to krug saying you have permission from meister.

automatically krug appears in cutscene

talk to krug

end conversion with krug

tell automaton that youve made decision

decide

win

Okay, so I've tried making all decisions, bear in mind that I haven't even seen the Krug. No cutscene triggers when I ask to speak to him. Everything I do loops back to the start. Decisions do not advance the quest.

you talk to automaton

talk to krug

end conversion with krug

decide

win

Okay, so I've tried making all decisions, bear in mind that I haven't even seen the Krug. No cutscene triggers when I ask to speak to him. Everything I do loops back to the start. Decisions do not advance the quest.

my memory may be wrong. after the automaton tells you in a sarcastic way that youve got permission. try to leave the dialogue and RB/'E' on the locked doors. try them all cause i cant remember which cell it was - i think its the closest to the automaton but theres one either side of him if i recall.

if that doesnt work, then youll have to reload a previous save because its a progression bug.

you talk to automaton

talk to krug

end conversion with krug

decide

win

my memory may be wrong. after the automaton tells you in a sarcastic way that youve got permission. try to leave the dialogue and RB/'E' on the locked doors. try them all cause i cant remember which cell it was - i think its the closest to the automaton but theres one either side of him if i recall.

if that doesnt work, then youll have to reload a previous save because its a progression bug.

That sucks. I have no other saves. :shifty: Oh well, reason to play through again to get the perfectionist achievement. :p

Hold on, if you haven't spoken to the Krug, how can you make the decision? You say "No cutscene triggers when I ask to speak to him" - you don't 'ask', you go up to the cell door and talk to him. Or have you tried that?

Hold on, if you haven't spoken to the Krug, how can you make the decision? You say "No cutscene triggers when I ask to speak to him" - you don't 'ask', you go up to the cell door and talk to him. Or have you tried that?

I've tried going up to the cell door and activating it. It just takes me back to talking with the automaton.

I've tried going up to the cell door and activating it. It just takes me back to talking with the automaton.

AddziX you're not the only one with the problem, I'm in the same boat. No cutscean just stuck in the never ending loop, ask question bounce back to standing in front of the robot. I even tried going back to a saved game before the dapper gent fight and ploughed through that boss fight again with the same result.

It's ruined the game for me as I don't know if I should proceed or not,I'm playing through with a different character but I'm getting bored doing everything over again. There was a game update today for the game but it didn't fix the problem, I tried after applying it but the same thing happens.

Sorry about the above quote post, I hit the wrong button when responding.

Hrm. Sorry I can't help more - obviously I'm not a dev so I don't know any more than the commonsense solutions. Hopefully it gets shored up in the first proper patch, afaik the current update is just one of those 'silent' minor patch-ups.

It's not a huge deal in the sense that it stops you from finishing the game or you miss out on cool equipment, but it does give you a sliver of XP then lead to another short diplomatic quest. Depending on your character, I think you also need to finish the Krug quest to recruit one of the companions. However, this should have no impact on persuading the Meisters if you complete all other quests.

Hrm. Sorry I can't help more - obviously I'm not a dev so I don't know any more than the commonsense solutions. Hopefully it gets shored up in the first proper patch, afaik the current update is just one of those 'silent' minor patch-ups.

It's not a huge deal in the sense that it stops you from finishing the game or you miss out on cool equipment, but it does give you a sliver of XP then lead to another short diplomatic quest. Depending on your character, I think you also need to finish the Krug quest to recruit one of the companions. However, this should have no impact on persuading the Meisters if you complete all other quests.

Any change of a bug sticky for the devs to easily pick up and read? This needs patching as it is stopping me from getting an achievement, and from what you say is stopping me getting another character? :sorcerer: