my Review of the first few hours I played

well,

as it seems the devs read the reviews here I also wanna say what I think of the game.

I was a BIG fan of DS1.

It was good to play.

No restrictions at all.

You could just do what you want and where you want.

Everything was quite easy.

As I didnt like DS2 i didnt buy it and when I saw the videos and reviews of DS3 I got REALLY excited! and preorderd.

Regarding DS3:

CONS first:

I can't believe a company sells a PC game (maybe thats normal on the console I dont know) where you cant change the key bindings.

I'm left handed so WASD sucks like hell because I'd have to put the keyboard 1meter away from the mouse and I dont have that amount of space.

Yes I read that it will be patched in but for a first impression that's not positive at all.

The camera and the way of controlling it.. why? I dont really know what to say...

Locked camera on MP?

Never seen that before.

If 1 guy doesnt walk the whole team is stuck?

And u can#t really zoom out. Seems that is a new trend as I saw it in some newer games.

I cant understand that, maybe somebody can enlighten me :D

I just hate that as u cant get a good overview of whats going on.

And it seems the mic is always on.

I just had a look and again, I didnt find any way to configure it. There is sth. to configure the vioce sound but I guess thats the sound volume of the others?

You cant play and lvl ur own character in multiplayer mode except u open up a mp game.

what the hell is that? never seen it before. takes a lot of time to realize. Is really irritating.

Why that?

Will it be patched to become a real multiplayer?

NEUTRAL:

The UI. I know it's a console port and the UI is really console oriented. But it's not sucking as it's quite easy to handle so thats ok.

Steam bundling. Well, has positive and less positive sides.

PROS:

I like the dialogues.

I like the story.

I like the graphics.

In the end, as I cant get used to the playstyle I can't say I like this game.

I hope DS4 will be more like DS1.

Or anyone just re-make DS1 with better graphics and I will play nothing else :D

As I said I only player for a few hous (lik 5 I think). If I missed sth. please tell me I'd be happy =)

I just had a look and again, I didnt find any way to configure it. There is sth. to configure the vioce sound but I guess thats the sound volume of the others?

This is tied to Steam, use the Steam settings. :o

This is tied to Steam, use the Steam settings. :p

ok thats quite easy :o

any comment to the rest?

There is a "mute" option in game when it comes to mics but I don't think you can mute your own mic; just other people. It's in the "Mutiplater" tab on the escape menu.

Not being able to bring in and level your own personal avatar - should a slot be available for that class - is an omission, I feel, that will cost this game a long-term player base of dedicated fans.

I do believe there is a level limit much lower than that of Diablo but with the way this game goes I can agree with the direction Obsidian chose. While you want multiplayer you don't want someone dragging in their level 30 friend to complete the campaign for them while they are "just taken along for the ride". Instead you can scale things to the "intended" level area. What I dislike is that your using that players build; which could be a mixture of different playstyles making up to make one shoddy character.

There is a "mute" option in game when it comes to mics but I don't think you can mute your own mic; just other people. It's in the "Mutiplater" tab on the escape menu.

Not being able to bring in and level your own personal avatar - should a slot be available for that class - is an omission, I feel, that will cost this game a long-term player base of dedicated fans.

I do believe there is a level limit much lower than that of Diablo but with the way this game goes I can agree with the direction Obsidian chose. While you want multiplayer you don't want someone dragging in their level 30 friend to complete the campaign for them while they are "just taken along for the ride". Instead you can scale things to the "intended" level area. What I dislike is that your using that players build; which could be a mixture of different playstyles making up to make one shoddy character.

Oh man that would be really tragic ...maybe if someone had invented hosting options for multiplayer, something, some kind of option list for setting up a game room that would allow the host to determine the level ranges acceptable in the game they want to host. I wonder why no games have ever thought of this before?

Ok captain obvious! Its plain as day Obsidian chose to "stick with what they implemented". That's a bit like saying "I did what I did man!

You made mention that if people had their own versions of their characters that they could come in and ruin peoples fun. Well I was pointing out with sarcasm that it is easy to give the host a set of options for setting up the game room that would allow to choose level ranges of joining characters.

Should I be making audio files of my posts for you guys?

Ah, but as I said "Obsidian decided against it." Some people might not even know the option exists before it's too late, others might think it's too easy because of this and stop playing and give a bad review (It happens) and while I wouldn't disagree to the fact that it would be nice; at times it is wiser to limit customization for the sake of simplicity.

Where are you from?

Ah, but as I said "Obsidian decided against it." Some people might not even know the option exists before it's too late, others might think it's too easy because of this and stop playing and give a bad review (It happens) and while I wouldn't disagree to the fact that it would be nice; at times it is wiser to limit customization for the sake of simplicity.

Where are you from?

planet earth

lmao....good one.

OT...I agree that the mp is verry dissapointing.

I think the OP makes a really strong point: Read where he talks about his first impression as a PC gamer of the controls. This is a widespread sentiment. It is cool that remappable controls is coming down the pipeline for PC players.

EDIT: If the OP's 3 main cons were remedied the game would be greatly improved.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

I think the OP makes a really strong point: Read where he talks about his first impression as a PC gamer of the controls. This is a widespread sentiment. It is cool that remappable controls is coming down the pipeline for PC players.

EDIT: If the OP's 3 main cons were remedied the game would be greatly improved.

It'll be interesting to see what the dev's have to say about it. I can only assume that they're awaiting the NA launch to see how it is received before going public with any statements, patch details or DLC idea requests.

Untethering the characters from each other in MP and persistent character saves would make the game more fun. If they added persistent character saves then they could add arena modes, or new DLC campaigns, and newgame+ features. I don't think they will add persistent character saves but who knows.

Untethering the characters from each other in MP and persistent character saves would make the game more fun. If they added persistent character saves then they could add arena modes, or new DLC campaigns, and newgame+ features. I don't think they will add persistent character saves but who knows.

I'm hoping we'll hear something from Obsidian within a week or two.