Keybinds?

I don't think you can refund a steam game, can you?

The devs are working on a patch, which might make it possible to assign keys.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I cant play the game with the current mouse and keyboard keybinds, how do I change them?

If they can't be changed, rest assured Im returning the game for a full refund.

No you can't change the keys on the pc yet, I hate it too.

Well im sorry to say this but, ive returned the game and picked up Alice instead.

Don't get me wrong I loved DS1 and DS2, but this is clearly a 'bad' console port.

I've not enjoyed playing it with a joypad and if developers can't even be arsed to have a keybind option from launch, then im not wasting anymore time on the game. How anyone can overlook an essential part of gaming for the past 10 years is beyond me.

I'll tell you what, ill buy the game when i've 'patched myself' to play it how 'you've forced us to play it'!

Its a shame but on "first impressions", im not impressed.

Also, from what Im seeing on the forums 6-8 hours to finish?

What happened to the epic 20-30 hours completion time (expected)? thats what made the originals so great?

Ah well...... another time maybe.

I hope others enjoy it, but sadly its not for me in its current state.

Take care all!

Edited by Decay

I've not enjoyed playing it with a joypad and if developers can't even be arsed to have a keybind option from launch, then im not wasting anymore time on the game. How anyone can overlook an essential part of gaming for the past 10 years is beyond me.

There were tons of games in the last ten years that didn't have keybindings and not even added with a patch.

Edited by C2B

6-8 if you do some of: skip various sidequests, play on Easy/Normal and blaze through all battles, never track back or walk back and forth, read/skip dialogues really fast, and check your time off the DS3 savefiles (which are several hours wrong). For normal plays, I'd wager 15 (+/- 2).

There were tons of games in the last ten years that didn't have keybindings and not even added with a patch.

Name them.

I want tons. Not three or four. Tons.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Name them.

A challenger appears!

Yeah, I'm waiting for those tons, as well.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Name them.

That wasn't actually serious and I thought it to be pretty visible that I exterregated. Just sayin that they exist.

Dead Space for example. I'll make a list of the ones I have in my collection if you want which probably amounts to like 30-35 without Keybinds. More if I'm allowed to count more obscure stuff.

Edited by C2B

Who cares which games have or haven't ... this IS a standard for PC gaming. Failing to allow for user configurable key binding is a BS console design flaw. (I play on Xbox btw)

I think not having remappable buttons on console is also completely lame. If I want to change what buttons or keys do what then let me.

Cutting corners with your product then asking people for money is not cool no matter who does it.

One of the devs metioned StarCraft 2 didnt ship with keybinds.

....So is this the excuss the devs are going to use for not having this option available on launch?

Starcraft 2 was designed in a maner that it can be played with just the mouse, you don't have to reach halfway across your keyboard to press the 'E' key everytime you need to loot something.

In DS3 You can't even click the loot with the mouse to pick up.

In every other game I play I prefer to use the 'Return' key to pick things up, open doors etc... it suits my style of play. I don't use the W,A,S,D method, I use the up, down, left, right arrow key method. Do you realise how annoying and frustrating it was for someone with this playstyle to use the defualt 'E' key?

I don't understand how something like this wasn't picked up or noticed by any testers, its one of the fundamental laws of gaming as far as I'm concerned.

You've already lost 1 sale because of this, and I wonder how many more after playing the demo with the same flaw.

I did give the game the 'benefit of the doubt' after playing the demo, afterall I thought to myself "its obviously not the finished product".

Dont get me wrong the gameplay and graphics in the demo seemed great, but for me you spoiled the full version with a gamekilling error.

No doubt I will give it another try at a later date and the keybinding will be an option, but I can also guarantee it will be when the games on sale.

Edited by Decay

you don't have to reach halfway across your keyboard to press the 'E' key everytime you need to loot something.

Drama queen much? The 'E' key is one step below the '3' key or above the 'D' key, so no matter where you put your fingers most of the time, its easily accessible.

you don't have to reach halfway across your keyboard to press the 'E' key everytime you need to loot something.

Drama queen much? The 'E' key is one step below the '3' key or above the 'D' key, so no matter where you put your fingers most of the time, its easily accessible.

Nice, im trying to give constructive information to benefit games for the future, but it still attracts the trolls.

I don't use that side of the keyboard to play games, all my keys are based around the arrow keys, i don't need to look/search for keys when they all under my fingers. DS3 doesn't allow me to do this, hence the reason I refuse to play it in its current state.

There's no drama element, would you like to be forced to play your games with your 'mouse look' upside down? I don't think so, its the same principle.

Edited by Decay