Please just stop

I've been playing the "Dungeon Siege 3" demo for quite a while now and I cannot BARE to play it anymore. The gameplay is atrocious, the camera controls are a joke, and the presence of consolitis (Square Enix Syndrome) is obvious. I owned Dungeon Siege 1, the Legends of Aranna expansion, Dungeon Siege 2, and it's Broken World expansion (I also bought a copy of the deluxe edition). I was ECSTATIC when I heard about Dungeon Siege 3 and now the cold grim hand of death that is Square Enix has killed yet another bit of joy in the gaming industry. I will never buy this game and I will dissuade all others from purchasing it as well. Dungeon Siege has and should have remained loyal to it's PC origins instead of being pandered to console gamers. Consoles have become a way for developers to "half-ass" a game on the PC which I find disgusting to say the least.

List of specific grievances:

* Controls are obviously dumbed down for the console gamers (E is for [E]verything) and lack of keybinding shows total lack of care for PC gamers hoping to get away with a lazy port.

* Dumbed down gameplay makes the game so easy that even Hardcore is a sad joke.

* Lack of mouse support is laughable for a PC game.

* Dialog is a joke, most conversations are mindless drivel created only to fill the void of fun that is this game. Accent's are ridiculous everyone is either Russian or English as though only two voice actors made the game.

I despise you greatly obsidian and as such I would like to request you simply stop ruining wonderful series with your complete and total lack of care for games or those who play them.

Sincerely yours,

Another canceled Pre-Order.

To get this Clear, I enjoyed the Singleplayer Part. Good Story, Multiple Choices, Gfx is also well done same for the Combat System. What iam missing is a playable Multiplayer Mode, the Singleplayer alone is not enough to stick on a Game more than 20 Hrs and the Multiplayer has a great Potential.

Alot of People thinkin the same way about MP and it would be Great to get this "Issues" away and finaly having Fun.

List of specific grievances:

How is this dumbed down? Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 is pretty much "click and watch things die", and requires almost no input whatsoever. The games would practically play themselves. Dungeon Siege III is an incline in this category: you have to consider how to use your abilities, and you are rewarded for making use of both of your stances. On Hardcore, you actually need to take every fight into consideration. They turned a bunch of boring games into interesting ones. So, I call bullcrap on what you just said.

Lack of mouse support is laughable for a PC game.

How so? You use the mouse to move and aim. Yes, you use 1-6 for special attacks, and E to interact, but I fail to see that as an issue.

Dialog is a joke, most conversations are mindless drivel created only to fill the void of fun that is this game. Accent's are ridiculous everyone is either Russian or English as though only two voice actors made the game.

Again, bullcrap. The story is good, and has many references to Buddhist and Hindu religion, which is unique within a Western Fantasy setting. The story also has the theme of Death/Rebirth, and most of the events in the game can be applied to this theme. As for conversations; most of them are again, well written. The Automotons are funny, and I liked the sarcastic noble Issac and the playfully practical Katarina. The voice acting team did a great job for the major characters, while there is some weak points for the side quest characters here and there.

I despise you greatly obsidian and as such I would like to request you simply stop ruining wonderful series with your complete and total lack of care for games or those who play them.

By ruining, you must mean improvement, yes? With KOTOR II they added further customizability to your characters, added the Influence system that practically every RPG since has copied, and arguably the best Star Wars story in the whole damn franchise. With NWN 2, they gave us a full party from the start, more classes, sub-race support, and with the MOTB expansion pack gave us the best story out of the series. They redeemed the Fallout name with New Vegas, and again they have turned a game that pretty much played itself into a game of tactics. Oh, and DSIII actually has a story and let's your roleplay.

The gameplay is atrocious, the camera controls are a joke

FFS, learn to play already, nobody who actually tried to play the game will take you seriously and many respectable gaming sites mention combat and gameplay as exceptional.

Your observations are just absurd.

Its PC purist troll.

'Broken'

'Dumbed down'

'Laughable'

Yes, you are a 'joke' mate, and we, players who enjoy the game 'despise' you. Thanks for nice word guidance to make this reply.

Hey, I am a hardcore PC Gamer. I play *all* of my games on the PC. If it doesn't come out for PC, I don't play it.

This guy is beyond troll. He is just a deluded fanboy. He goes beyond me and my fellow Fallout 3 haters - he just makes crap up. I don't mind him not liking DSIII - hell, it creates a conversation.

What I do mind is that he has no reason to hate it, other than it is not Dungeon Siege II. Is that a flaw? Sure. But this does not have "broken gameplay", "filler dialogue", and lack of mouse support.

You do realize that in the demo you are starting at lvl 4 instead of lvl 1? You are fighting stuff that is balanced for lvl 1 characters as a lvl 4 so of course even hardcore is gonna be kinda easy in the demo.

Its PC purist troll.

I'm a PC "purist" too because consoles are a bane to the gaming industry, they are the reason Crysis 2 has now worse textures than 4 year old Crysis 1, they are the reason for complete standstill for years in graphics and physics. Consoles are antithesis to progress.

Let's be fair - Crysis 2 was still a beautiful game, and you only noticed those worse graphics if you actually went looking for it. The reason I stopped playing it wasn't because of the "bad" graphics, but because it was a bore.

How is this dumbed down? Dungeon Siege 1 and 2 is pretty much "click and watch things die", and requires almost no input whatsoever. The games would practically play themselves. Dungeon Siege III is an incline in this category: you have to consider how to use your abilities, and you are rewarded for making use of both of your stances. On Hardcore, you actually need to take every fight into consideration. They turned a bunch of boring games into interesting ones. So, I call bullcrap on what you just said.

I literally played through without even remote difficulty problems by spamming left click with katrina's pistols. It's a joke it really is if you can find a challenge then more power to you but i require games with more than carpal tunnel as a requirement.

How so? You use the mouse to move and aim. Yes, you use 1-6 for special attacks, and E to interact, but I fail to see that as an issue.

I dare you to try and find a pc game where you have to run around repeatedly spamming E to pickup an object on the ground or to open a door. It is a PC game and as the vast majority of pc games have shown us the mouse is an easy way to move across the screen quickly.

Again, bullcrap. The story is good, and has many references to Buddhist and Hindu religion, which is unique within a Western Fantasy setting. The story also has the theme of Death/Rebirth, and most of the events in the game can be applied to this theme. As for conversations; most of them are again, well written. The Automotons are funny, and I liked the sarcastic noble Issac and the playfully practical Katarina. The voice acting team did a great job for the major characters, while there is some weak points for the side quest characters here and there.

This is entirely your opinion so theirs nothing to refute. I found the conversation to be repetitive and droll but to me it doesn't matter whether your speaking of magic or math if you're going to speak about it as if it's boring and uninteresting then you shouldn't speak. I didn't get pulled into the story at all just felt talked at.

By ruining, you must mean improvement, yes? With KOTOR II they added further customizability to your characters, added the Influence system that practically every RPG since has copied, and arguably the best Star Wars story in the whole damn franchise.

Kotor 2 was an absolute masterpiece I don't recall ever pulling it into the fire.

With NWN 2, they gave us a full party from the start, more classes, sub-race support, and with the MOTB expansion pack gave us the best story out of the series. They redeemed the Fallout name with New Vegas, and again they have turned a game that pretty much played itself into a game of tactics. Oh, and DSIII actually has a story and let's your roleplay.

I greatly preferred the story and gameplay of NWN1. More classes doesn't really do much for me as they all seemed rather hollow in NWN2.

Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas however, were total farces. New Vegas took place within one area alone and become boring very quickly.

Its PC purist troll.

'Broken'

'Dumbed down'

'Laughable'

Yes, you are a 'joke' mate, and we, players who enjoy the game 'despise' you. Thanks for nice word guidance to make this reply.

Hey, I am a hardcore PC Gamer. I play *all* of my games on the PC. If it doesn't come out for PC, I don't play it.

This guy is beyond troll. He is just a deluded fanboy. He goes beyond me and my fellow Fallout 3 haters - he just makes crap up. I don't mind him not liking DSIII - hell, it creates a conversation.

What I do mind is that he has no reason to hate it, other than it is not Dungeon Siege II. Is that a flaw? Sure. But this does not have "broken gameplay", "filler dialogue", and lack of mouse support.

I have played all Dungeon Siege games to date and loved all of them, furthermore I spent more time in the Dungeon Siege playing various mods for years after it was released. This linear console port they have released is not a Dungeon Siege game it in no way resembles one. The gameplay IS broken or have you not been backed into a wall to hack the camera look straight down at the floor? This makes it IMPOSSIBLE to view what you're fighting. But heck why does that matter right? when you can just spam Mouse 1?

Its PC purist troll.

I'm a PC "purist" too because consoles are a bane to the gaming industry, they are the reason Crysis 2 has now worse textures than 4 year old Crysis 1, they are the reason for complete standstill for years in graphics and physics. Consoles are antithesis to progress.

Let's be fair - Crysis 2 was still a beautiful game, and you only noticed those worse graphics if you actually went looking for it. The reason I stopped playing it wasn't because of the "bad" graphics, but because it was a bore.

I really liked Crysis 2 actually, the suit felt really weakened compared to previous games (Just didn't seem like I was knocked trucks 500 feet away anymore) but the story was fun and while it took a long time for it to actually make any remote kind of sense the end of the game pulled it together.

I literally played through without even remote difficulty problems by spamming left click with katrina's pistols.

You are blatantly lying and everyone can see through it, your whole anti-DS3 thing just makes you look foolish and irrelevant when it is obvious that the game is objectively very good(if not exceptional in some areas) which is confirmed from multiple sources.

Edited by metamag

You do realize that in the demo you are starting at lvl 4 instead of lvl 1? You are fighting stuff that is balanced for lvl 1 characters as a lvl 4 so of course even hardcore is gonna be kinda easy in the demo.

I did, but I never needed to use Katrina's abilities I simply spammed mouse 1 there's easy and then there's not even trying. I assume the levels were raised in the Demo to give access to more abilities but I never used them as they proved unnecessary.

I literally played through without even remote difficulty problems by spamming left click with katrina's pistols.

You are blatantly lying and everyone can see through it, your whole anti-DS3 thing just makes you look foolish and irrelevant.

I see, it's time for fraps then?

I personally can live with most of the flaws already pointed out (camera, controls, mouse) no problem I will get used to it and take it "as it" I don't feel it's great but I'm not gonna "hate" that game by those. That being said there is one issue that probably can't be solved by a patch and it's the reason I won't bother buying this game. I'm talking bout re-playability, in ds3 we've got almost none... I mean lvl30 character that can finish the game once? Sure I can play with other characters even if I don't like them just to get something more from the game but it's not what I would expect, I don't think it should be a diablo clone in all aspects but in this particular matter it really should. If I can have a character not tied to "savegame", have a world map/waypoint system/random generated areas I would play this game for sure with my friends for a long time but the lack of those mentioned things just kill the game for me.

they're probably counting on selling a lot of downloadable content / expansions as otherwise this game is dead after a week, so I might buy it after a year as a whole pack for $15

I personally can live with most of the flaws already pointed out (camera, controls, mouse)

OK, seriously now.

Please explain what the hell is wrong with:

1.camera? disable camera-auto orient, and look at this,(notice the word "occasional").

2.controls? WTH is wrong with controls(mouse and keyboard), I am finding them superbly precise and efficient now that I know what I am doing, the only thing I can think of is that ALT and SHIFT should switch functions but they already said keybinding will be in the next patch!!

WTH is wrong with you people, are you really so lazy and clueless?

Edited by metamag

Lack of mouse support is laughable for a PC game.

the ALT key is your friend

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Its PC purist troll.

That doesn't mean I don't recognize when something is good.

Yes the consoles are realy a pain in the ass in the GAME INDUSTRY, ugly textures( I think they can only handle the DX9 crap) , old hardware and so on.

Its PC purist troll.

That doesn't mean I don't recognize when something is good.

Yes the consoles are realy a pain in the ass in the GAME INDUSTRY, ugly textures( I think they can only handle the DX9 crap) , old hardware and so on.

I quite like what consoles have done to some parts of the game industry. No more do you need to upgrade your whole damn computer every 2 years. I've played with mine for 3 years and everything (except Crysis and it's stupid boss fight on deck of a carrier) works just fine. Only changed my gfx card in those 3 years...

Hate the living, love the dead.

The whole idea that games can only innovate or move forward with BEDDUR GRAFIX is really sad.

What games need to do is innovate in areas such as:

1. Story reactivity

2. Branching narrative

3. Feature lists and gameplay options (WHY DO NEW GAMES HAVE LESS GAMEPLAY THAN OLD ONES?)

4. Enemy AI

Graphics and peoples obsession with SHINY SHINY SHINY is more harmful to games than consoles.

FFS there are PSP games with way more gameplay options, feature lists, AND in depth MP than DS3.