Quest Bug!

frustrated!?!

Question

hello all,

me and my friend have played approx. 15 hours of dungeon seige and it has come to our attention that we cannot complete "lord devonsey's trap" it says to talk to Odo in the legion chapterhouse.

we only noticed this after playing through a number of other missions and have finished all the quests in stonebridge the final one being deciding what to do with the dapper old gent,

We are now unable to progress any further in the game as odo is in the grand chapterhouse and talking to him does nothing,

MAJOR GLITCH?! :thumbsup:

starting over is not an option as we are not willing to accept the past 15hours as a complete waste of time.

how can we fix this????????

p.s. walkthroughs tell us that we should have entered a dialogue with the mayor after the dapper old gent quest was complete ending with him giving his support and us being given the option to strike at kassynder now, no such option came up!

19 answers to this question

Don't want to open a new thread, but I have a quest breaking bug, too. I'm at the glitterdelve mines trying to seal the tunnel in the western part of the mine. After the fight with the Aluvian Lieutenant, I can't progress further. >_<

Can someone check out if it's working for them? See the attachment (Unzip and place the file into My Games/Dungeon Siege III/save)

Save_Slot_030.zip

you tried pressing E, or RB on controller, on the mine cart at the end of the tunnel Bendu?

if enemies are still around itll say something like 'now isnt the best time to do this'

if enemies are dead it should load the cart up with dynamite and then you need to run away back to the save point.

I pressed RB on controller and it's saying, that 'now isn't the best time to do this' although there are no more enemies around. Level up, which isn't possible if enemies are still around as well, is working. :ermm:

The first time I fought the Aluvian Lieutnant, I died and I had to load the save. Don't know if that has something to do with that, because it seams like enemies are respawning after you load a save.

you saved right before the battle? there is a save point there.

i died several times to that guy so i dont think reloading because of death effects it. if its still not allowing you to RB on the cart then youll have to reload and kill the dude again.... and yes, i feel your pain because i hate that guy and his horrible fire area of effect.

Which quest exactly is the Lord Devonsey's Trap one? As in, when you've

done everything, including fighting the warbeast and talking to Jeyne, in the Glitterdelve mines

then return to tell Odo? What does he say, if anything? I assume you made sure to talk to the Queen and Devonsey?

p.s. walkthroughs tell us that we should have entered a dialogue with the mayor after the dapper old gent quest was complete ending with him giving his support and us being given the option to strike at kassynder now, no such option came up!

That would make sense if the game has not processed the Trap quest as complete yet, as you need to do both for that.

I am the friend of frustrated.

You are correct thats the mission we need to complete Tigranes, we didnt go and talk to odo, at the legion chapter house, we went to Stone Bridge instead to continue on with other missions and defeated the Old Gent but before we continue we have to make sure all other Quests are complete and this one is blocking our path because as far as I can tell we waited to long to talk to ODO and it has decided we missed our chance. Interesting that when we came back from Glitterdelve mines ODO had in fact already travelled to the "Grand Chapterhouse" via Causeway earlier on and was not at the original "Legion Chapterhouse" which is where the quest says to talk with him.

I am really keen to continue the game, but I not sure if that will be an option if we cant bypass this.

where does the breadcrumb trail (hit r) tell you to go?

Breadcrumbs lead us just past ODO in the Grand Chapterhouse to the front of the Causeway and has an arrow in front of it. Of course we went through the causeway and it just has breadcrumbs leading back through the portal to the Grand Chapterhouse

nvm

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I am having the same bug. Except it is showing a quest circle for the mines still as well. The problem there is that I cant talk to Lord Devonsey, i click to talk to him and the queen answers. I've walked around and tried different things to try to talk to him, but the queen is always responding not Devonsey. I'm 12+ hours in and am not happy that I may have to start all over. The quest log itself says that i need to talk to Odo at the Legion Chapterhouse (but he's already at the Great Chapterhouse in Stonebridge) and when i talk to Odo, he just keeps saying that I have given a good man a second chance. Doesn't even open a chat screen. This is the only quest I have left to be able to move on in the story.

I had the same problem on my pc version but when i walked forward and then stopped right where the arrow is it started the cutsceen automaticaly but before that i was running around trying to talk to everyone and nothing would happen.

I had the same problem on my pc version but when i walked forward and then stopped right where the arrow is it started the cutsceen automaticaly but before that i was running around trying to talk to everyone and nothing would happen.

You are supposed to talk to Odo at the Grand Chapterhouse. After completing Glitterdelve you should be heading through the causeway and back to stonebridge on the main quest. Once you come through the causeway, Martin Guiscard and Odo will approach you. This will complete that part of the quest.

Cheers!

Hi. I have the same problem like Bendu: "I'm at the glitterdelve mines trying to seal the tunnel in the western part of the mine. After the fight with the Aluvian Lieutenant, I can't progress further" but i'm in the southern part of the mine, i cleared all the monsters and it says that it's not a good time to use the dynamite... unfortunately i don't have a save before to try again like Bendu. What should i do? Btw i am using the PC version. Any bug fix or something? tnx

Edited by manu