omg. how do you kill this Aluvian Lieutenant ? *SPOILERS*

im in the glitterdelve mines, trying to seal a tunnel in the western area of the mine.

im near where i should be to seal the tunnel but ive got kill a slow moving armoured Aluvian(sp?) Lieutenant

the thing thats killing me as Lucas is the dude is surrounded by this large orange area of effect spell which sets anyone inside it on fire. i die in about 3 seconds as all my 900+ hp just drains away.

katarina is my ai and shes utterly useless even though i would expect her ranged skills to work for him better. but most of the time she runs right inside the circle, and then has the audacity to moan about her health being low.

even when she stands at a distance her attacks are useless.

and lucas' limited ranged attacks are useless aswell.

:/

Hi

I remember that Mob but first, 900 HP sound way to low in my ears. I killed him easely with the Firebabe ( forgott name*cough).

My advice, get some better Equipment with more stamina or just level some more on mobs.

He is not that hard you may think >_<

Edit: My own HP was i guess over 1500 and im not a Lucas with lots of +HP Talents so it shoudlnt be that hard to get more than 2k HP for you

Edited by Palmtop

He is very slow. Kill off his support first, revive you inevitably dead ally, and then hit and run. Charge in, hit once, and jump out. If you do it quick you might even avoid the damage aura's burn, but you will still probably suffer one hit.

Hit and run with Lucas is very easy because his third buff skill gives him insane focus regeneration. If you maxed out its +60% focus evolution, you can literally keep your focus and power orbs permanently maxed by juts spamming skills into the air.

I killed I think a couple of them yesterday, so I remember. Besides the hit and run, I used the charge attack, the one with the hammer icon, you can get some good use of Anjali. Once you kill his minions make him center his attention on you, with the hit and run tactics, while Anjali attacks from the other side of the screen son he can't use his shield to parry her attacks.

Hi

I remember that Mob but first, 900 HP sound way to low in my ears. I killed him easely with the Firebabe ( forgott name*cough).

My advice, get some better Equipment with more stamina or just level some more on mobs.

He is not that hard you may think :wowey:

Edit: My own HP was i guess over 1500 and im not a Lucas with lots of +HP Talents so it shoudlnt be that hard to get more than 2k HP for you

I think you'll change your mind if you actually ever try it on Lucas :unsure:

I've played through it with him on hardcore and the fights against these guys were just a complete chore. For me it was just a case of constantly ressing your partner and have them slowly take him down... very slowly.

Extra HP won't help you because the problem is that you can't outheal the damage he does. Lucas heals through his dps so stacking attack/will would help a lot more and might make him killable fighting him properly. I had fairly balanced gear though so it just wasn't happening.

You have a couple of ranged attacks with Lucas that should made them easy to defeat, they are slow. If you don't have those attacks by the first time you met them, the hit, run and heal has worked good for me on hardcore.

Edited by serch