Germany

Humodour

That's why it's so great to live in the smaller states that no one has heard of. No real prejudices and you can pretty much make up anything you want.

You've obviously never heard the term "Estonian sandal"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Swedish prejudice regarding other countries:

Germans - fat, loud and obnoxious

Finns - taciturn, alcoholics that likes to fight with knives and axes

Norweigans - annoyingly chipper people who love outdoor winter sports

Danes - perpetually drunk and vulgar

Brits - pale, ugly people who all wear football jerseys

Dutch - drugged out perverts

Russians - pale alcoholics whose women all dress like prostitutes

Eastern europeans - all men are criminals and all women are prostitutes

Frenchmen - mostly obsolete

Greeks - hairy homosexuals who spend all their time on the beach, trying to seduce swedish girls so they can rape their boyfriends

Italians - Paolo Roberto

Spanish - waiters and hotel staff

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's why it's so great to live in the smaller states that no one has heard of. No real prejudices and you can pretty much make up anything you want.

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the blessed plot recently, I did however have the pleasure of seeing a cross section of the British society in a McDonald's near Piccadilly Circus at night. I'd say it was a rather enlightening experience.

Could you help me broaden my horizons further by explaining this "Estonian sandal"?

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting the blessed plot recently, I did however have the pleasure of seeing a cross section of the British society in a McDonald's near Piccadilly Circus at night. I'd say it was a rather enlightening experience.

Could you help me broaden my horizons further by explaining this "Estonian sandal"?

I don't regard Londoners as English, anyway.

An Estonian sandal is somewhere beetween a Jellicoe hangbutte, and a Minsk albtaross.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

artwork-mapping-stereotypes-11.jpg

I like this one best.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So for me it's somewhere between a telly and a bobby, check.

With a possible unrelated reference to crocs thrown in

Is Greenwich far enough from London's evil influence?

In my mind London covers a cone shape, emanating from somewhere around Slough, and going at least as far south as Brighton. In meeting which I now propose we erect an Israeli style separation barrier. Any residents passing checkpoints out of London should be checked for tweeting equipment, and lattes. Then punched square in the nuts.

-Elwood Blues

I don't regard Londoners as English, anyway.

Well, most Europeans perceive citizens of their own capital city as non-typical "insert your country".

Dirty provincials, what do they know? :lol:

Edited by Purkake

In my mind London covers a cone shape, emanating from somewhere around Slough, and going at least as far south as Brighton. In meeting which I now propose we erect an Israeli style separation barrier. Any residents passing checkpoints out of London should be checked for tweeting equipment, and lattes. Then punched square in the nuts.

The other key dividing line in England is half an hour north of the Watford Gap.... :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Thanks for omitting Estonian from the list ;)

Yeah, I was bit inaccurate with the list. Estonian language belong to finnic language tree like finnish language. Finnic belong to larger uralic classification.

100% accurate stereotype :(

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Walsingham is a lovely chap, but hails from a brutish place with no hot running water and horrible weather. Everybody is unemployed. They get their first tattoos at six.

This has left him with a twisted perception of his betters from the capitol of the Imperium.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Walsingham is a lovely chap, but hails from a brutish place with no hot running water and horrible weather. Everybody is unemployed. They get their first tattoos at six.

Yes, he said he was from England >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Thanks for omitting Estonian from the list :)

Yeah, I was bit inaccurate with the list. Estonian language belong to finnic language tree like finnish language. Finnic belong to larger uralic classification.

100% accurate stereotype >_

Poor Estonia... (from one of my favourite web comics, Scandinavia and the rest of the World).

party_crasher.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

100% accurate stereotype ;)

It's also interesting that Finlands No.1 murder weapon of choice is made in sweden

morakniv_eller_bauhauskniv_s.jpg

one of my favourite web comics, Scandinavia and the rest of the World).

I find it accurate in that the german guy sports a thin moustasche, but he lacks a mullet. All younger jerries have mullets.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's also interesting that Finlands No.1 murder weapon of choice is made in sweden

Mmmmm... nice non-slip handle.

-Elwood Blues

I have to admit, I have a weakness for the blades from Cold Steel

I used to have a luvverly 4 inch ti-lite that was damn useful.

Heh, funny story, I had it with my when I was in America for a friends wedding. Bachelor party hit a stripclub, and the guy at the counter was all "right, no weapons or cameras allowed" so I did a. "oh, does my pocket knife count?" The guy asked to see it, then bulged his eyes and went "thats a pocket knife?!" All the brits in the party looked at each other and were "um..yeah..." He still insisted it got left at the counter with a ticket stub...

I will say this.. night clubs in San Diego will pat you down for guns as you enter, but they totally ignore the blades. Especially if you have an English passport..

That's just bloody silly. You could stab someone far easier in a club, and possibly even get away. Not going to happen if you start balsting. But maybe it's a question of deterring gun-holders.

-Elwood Blues

True. So efficent design and cheap instrument that they might as well sell 'em with every booze bottle. Brilliant move from the Swedes :shifty:

I remember in army just about everyone had one, even when better quality (including handcrafted) knives were available. We had few games with Mora knives. We used to throw 'em near opponents feet - Objective was to hit as near as possible, without hitting the feet. More dangerous version was done with hand axes. Other game was bit more dangerous. In that game person would stand next to wooden wall, trees or closet door (or something like that). Then we'd throw knife so that it would get stuck to background without hitting the person. If person got hit, it was ok as long as no bloody wounds. Knife bounces rather easily even from basic military jacket. Something like scrapnel vests actually made it more dangerous as people would throw knives faster. Naturally Mora knives were not balanced for the throwing purposes but it made things more interesting.

Mora knives tip chipped away easily, but it didn't matter as now it worked ok as a spare screwdriver.

Edited by Niten_Ryu

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

That's just bloody silly. You could stab someone far easier in a club, and possibly even get away. Not going to happen if you start balsting. But maybe it's a question of deterring gun-holders.

To further derail the thread, I imagine it's a cultural thing. To the Americans, guns are an issue. They don't often see knives as one.. Especially in heavy urban areas with gang issues.

I've decided that when I retire and open my bar I'm going to have people searched for croquet mallets.

-Elwood Blues

I've decided that when I retire and open my bar I'm going to have people searched for croquet mallets.

For the totally random.. quirk of the UK or worldwide.. In bars, you tip.. in Pubs, you dont...

Mmmmm... nice non-slip handle.

Then let me tell you an ancient swedish tale about finns:

A young finnish man returns home late at night, stinking of booze and with a big slash in the palm of his right hand. His father is waiting for him him the kitchen. He takes a look at the lad, then his hand, then says:

"You stupid idiot! Dont you know you have to keep your thumb on the end of the hilt when you stab?!"