Beat the game - a bit short :-(

Well I bought the game yesterday and just beat it, although its a very well made game suprised its only 4.4gb in size once installed on the 360, wish the game was a bit more open like Baldurs Gate or Diablo.

Theres far too much loot and tons and tons of chests wish the game had more variety and perhaps a bit more like Dragon Age, although its better than Two Worlds 2 and Dragon Knight Saga by miles. Very good voice acting, good story and powers are nice.

Hopefully we get DLC to add more to the game to make it a bit more open or look forward to a follow up to the game that lasts at least 30+hrs.

Again well done Obsidian now just waiting on more :dancing:)

Well I bought the game yesterday and just beat it, although its a very well made game suprised its only 4.4gb in size once installed on the 360, wish the game was a bit more open like Baldurs Gate or Diablo.

Theres far too much loot and tons and tons of chests wish the game had more variety and perhaps a bit more like Dragon Age, although its better than Two Worlds 2 and Dragon Knight Saga by miles. Very good voice acting, good story and powers are nice.

Hopefully we get DLC to add more to the game to make it a bit more open or look forward to a follow up to the game that lasts at least 30+hrs.

Play it on hardcore like what i'm doing. I think i'm only halfway thru and already clocked 13 hours. The challege is refreshing.

I will play it again but its a shame its not as big or diverse as the Diablo games or Icewind Dale or Baldurs Gate, when I say it is a very well made game I mean in the respective of gameplay, visuals and performance as have had no issues graphically only with the game saves and golden dots not appearing thats about it.

I dont agree with people saying 'if you beat it stick it on harder' a game should last longer in its offering in the way of quests and size and seeing how the game is only 4.4gb in size the overall content offered is rather small.

Look at Oblivion that was around the same size I think around 4.9gb or less and that game was huge.

Indeed, very enjoyable and fun game, can't wait for more, DLC or expansion...hopefully they will include crafting system along with synergies for a greater character build variety, Like Blizzard did for Diablo 2 with a patch.

Best melee combat mechanic ever.

Edited by metamag

The game really rocks on the 360 :)

Playing on hardcore. It forces you to learn boss tactics and play with strategy, and it feels a lot more satisfying when you beat 'em :)

I rate DS3 8/10.. But the fun factor scores a clean 10/10. Really loving this ! Nice story, nice characters, extremely nice combat.. And the music is amazing !

Please Obsidian/Square.. Throw a lot of Dlc at us for this awesome console ARPG :)

I'm about six hours in at the moment, and can feel the end approaching fast. I'm really enjoying the game, but it is feeling very short for an RPG. I will be replaying with all characters, but I'm really hoping for some DLC that adds a few more dungeons/mines to explore with maybe an increased level cap/abilities.

Multiplayer doesn't add a whole lot to the longevity unfortunately, as your online character isn't saved if playing in someone else's game. A very strange design decision!

Let's hope the sales go well so Obsidian continue to work on this excellent game.

I have ended the game on 17:00 doing everything. Don't really get how people can finish doing everything in less than 10 hours. And I even began rolling past enemies towards the end.

Edited by C2B

I have ended the game on 17:00 doing everything. Don't really get how people can finish doing everything in less than 10 hours.

That's good to know. I'm doing all the side quests I can find to make the experience a little longer. I'll be gunning for all of the achievements on this too.

I have ended the game on 17:00 doing everything. Don't really get how people can finish doing everything in less than 10 hours. And I even began rolling past enemies towards the end.

Really? I got just over 10 (elapsed time, I did it in one sitting haha) and also got the perfectionist achievement... I'm thinking the longer time is quite possibly by people who can't understand boss tactics and sit there dying over and over? and yes before you ask I did listen to all dialogue, it really annoyed my brother that I did that haha.

Again well done Obsidian now just waiting on more :lol:)

better than 2 world 2 ? I disagree with you on that because that game have a big open world , no linear quest , a lot of customization ...the only weak point i guess is the story , VA, few MP maps and that you can't campaign co-op. IMO.

Again well done Obsidian now just waiting on more -_-)

better than 2 world 2 ? I disagree with you on that because that game have a big open world , no linear quest , a lot of customization ...the only weak point i guess is the story , VA, few MP maps and that you can't campaign co-op. IMO.

Two worlds 2 is very linear for a open world game. Most caves and dungeons, u cant even enter before u have a quest there. Plus it has horrible dialogue.

DS3 Is way better. This is now my favourite ARPG on the 360

About 15-16 hours in and still not complete or at the endgame, certainly haven't seen much of Jeyne Kassynder. That includes a fair bit of reloading on hardcore, but I go through dialogue very quickly and don't bother with voice acting, and I generally finish games quite fast.

Certainly if you play on hardcore and do all the sidequests it won't feel too short because of how intense it is, and you do get through quite a few different areas. More sidequests wouldn't hurt though.

...and I know I missed a few things, because I still haven''t even met

Reinhardt

Really? I got just over 10 (elapsed time, I did it in one sitting haha) and also got the perfectionist achievement... I'm thinking the longer time is quite possibly by people who can't understand boss tactics and sit there dying over and over? and yes before you ask I did listen to all dialogue, it really annoyed my brother that I did that haha.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but what difficulty are you playing at?

About 15-16 hours in and still not complete or at the endgame, certainly haven't seen much of Jeyne Kassynder. That includes a fair bit of reloading on hardcore, but I go through dialogue very quickly and don't bother with voice acting, and I generally finish games quite fast.

Same here, although I have to admit that I changed the difficulty level to Normal for two Bossfights. :) Nethertheless, Steam says 16 hours and ingame savefile says 9 hours. Finished the Stonebridge quest and now I am on my way to the

Royalists

Again well done Obsidian now just waiting on more :ermm:)

Two worlds 2 is very linear for a open world game. Most caves and dungeons, u cant even enter before u have a quest there. Plus it has horrible dialogue.

DS3 Is way better. This is now my favourite ARPG on the 360

Playing Two Worlds 2 atm as well and have to say I disagree. It's quite a good game imo. I like the openness of the areas, even if it is linear, you really don't feel it as much because of the ability to roam and the size of the areas.

Also the controls for PC are night and day better than DS3; the item crafting and customization (upgrading & socketing) really opens up lots of possibilities. Customizing and creating ones own spells is pretty amazing as well imo

As far as dialog, I found it to be quite well done. The conversations felt like they were realistic and flowed well as far as what's said.

In the opening story dialog in DS3, how many times do we hear the name "Jeyne Kassynder" used over and over in a short span of minutes lol It was ridiculous...

So to each their own I guess.

DS3 has the possibility of being a fun hack & slash ARPG for the PC, IF they do some major patching with control schemes and camera control (plz let us zoom out more for crying out loud!)

Right now it just isn't close to what it should be imo

We'll see what happens with the first few patches.

Good to hear that people are/can get closer to 20hrs out of the game, 10 is far too short imo

Regards

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel"

According to Steam finished in 14.2 hours. Bit shorter than I expected, but then again I was playing on normal and didn't really die that often. Gonna finish it few other chars as well and try out co-op for sure :ermm:

And I hope there's atleast few dlcs incoming that add few hours to the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I didn't keep track of my playtime but just purely length-wise, I don't think the game feels too short when I completed it.

However, I think the linearity of it makes it feel shorter or a bit lacking in content. Especially the Stonebridge section where I would've really hoped for more of a "hub" like structure with quests taking off in different areas (moreso than there is I mean).

Just speaking of structure, I wouldn't have minded cutting off some of "end-game" bits and pushing more content into Stonebridge. But yeah, I found Stonebridge to be the most fun and interesting part of the game so it's natural that I'd want more there.

The replayability feels a bit two-fold. I think the linearity and tightness of the areas hurt the replayability quite a bit. And since the game progresses in this fashion, the loot never feels like it has a real *impact* either. But I really enjoy that the characters feel so different from one another and they are extremely fun to try out and play IMO. The slight differences in the dialogues, choices and endings is some icing on the cake.

But yeah, the length overall was alright by me. I'm not a huge fan of extremely long games though, unless we're talking open-world games like New Vegas. I think DS3 paces itself really well, areas don't outstay their welcome. The game doesn't feel like it gets bogged down which often happens with longer RPGs if you ask me.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Length doesn't make the game better or worse. Alpha Protocol wasn't very long, wich made it more appealing to immediately replay it again.

This.

I felt DS3 has a perfect lenght. I wouldn't want it to be longer and in the end I was quite happy that I've finally finished it. The lenght of the game really doesn't make it better or worse. After all, what worth is it to have a game that is 60 hours long, if you are annoyed by it after 20 hours.

A game should always end short before it is getting tedious.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well, I just ordered my copy online. Length doesn't bother me, as long as replayability is high.

So, for those that have beaten the game: how's the story/characters? Are they up to Obsidian's standards? I've asked this question on another thread but I lost track of it! (srry for the repetition). Honestly, they are the only reasons I buy Obsidian games, well that and C&C, but that is heavily related to the story IMO.

Edited by Mirage

Just beat it, took nearly 20 hours - had to reload quite a few times at certain points playing as Katarina on Hardcore. Didn't mind, as each time I got better, worked out more things, and then managed to get past. If you play on Normal and Easy and blaze through every battle it won't take as long.

To be honest, I don't think story and characters are up to Obsidian's standards. If you judge them by most other ARPGs they're comfortably better - same old generic setting and beat the baddie story, but theres some funny lines/setups, a few interesting discussions about finer points of, say, Stonebridge politics, the villain has sensible motivations & reactions (though it all happens at the end), and you get nice ending slides based on the choices you made. But compared to things like Alpha Protocol, KOTOR2 and MOTB, no way - there just isn't enough meat there. So depends on what you expect.

It's a pity the whole archon thing wasn't expanded on more - if DS3 was a traditional RPG they might have done a lot of very interesting story stuff with that, but my sense is they tried to make the story make sense even to people that just spam X when NPCs start talking.