RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Gearbox could have made a Blade Runner game

Random bit of news. I did like Westwood's game back in the day, replayed last year found 2 endings I never even knew were there, heh.

"There's no rational business model that would have allowed that to make sense," he added. "If we'd made it with a business model that did work, it would not have been the Blade Runner game we all would have wanted."
That's a surprisingly candid comment. I think he's absolutely right within a limited context, but I don't expect to see that kind of thing written.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gearbox could have made a Blade Runner game

Random bit of news. I did like Westwood's game back in the day, replayed last year found 2 endings I never even knew were there, heh.

Thank the universe, now if only we could get lighting to strike the **** trying to do a movie remake

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I blame the female contraceptive pill.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you grind them up into a paste with some basil and olive oil they make a surprisingly tasty pesto.

You can give out contraceptive pesto on a party and be safe the next day :thumbsup: :mindblown:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If you grind them up into a paste with some basil and olive oil they make a surprisingly tasty pesto.

You can give out contraceptive pesto on a party and be safe the next day :) :mindblown:

Sounds like a solid plan, and blessed by a lawyer. Nothing can go wrong now, let's party. :thumbsup:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

12 Incredible Minutes of Arkham City.

Can't wait for this game. :thumbsup:

I would've preferred Huntress over Catwoman, but it'll have to do.

Why?

Edit: Wait... Why does Batman sound like Commander Shepard?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

12 Incredible Minutes of Arkham City.

Can't wait for this game. :lol:

I would've preferred Huntress over Catwoman, but it'll have to do.

Why?

When I'm going to play with a different character than Batman for 10% of the game, I'd rather experience some different gameplay.

Catwoman plays just like Batman, relying on stealth and brawling. Huntress uses guns & crossbow and prefers to charge in rather than doing the whole stealth shtick and often just kills the goons .

I don't see what Catwoman is bringing to the game, other than staring at her pixelated ass and b00bies and having to suffer through the same old cringe-worthy flirting between the two. Admittedly though, her unique animations look amazing.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The huntress uses guns? Kills people? That doesn't sound like the Huntress. I've seen lots of moments when she almost killed someone but another hero always intervenes. Is this something from the later BoP series?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

PlayStation 4 comes out in 2012?

Unlikely, but not impossible. Sony, Toshiba and IBM developed the Cell processor and spent $400 million on that. So why not use an improved unit of the Cell and use 8-16 of those as Multi-RALU? You got a winner.

Unlikely, but not impossible. It would also spoil everything that Nintendo planned with it's (already outdated) Wii U. The drama should provide some fun.

i bet sony releases one year after nintendo to f them over on the wiiU like they are doing with the psvita to the 3ds. "hi peoples, we are sony, we have made a product 10x more powerful than what nintendo just released, and we are selling it for the same price. thank you for your patronage."

edit: and sony will explain enough about their product at e3 2012 to weaken the launch for the nintendo system

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The huntress uses guns? Kills people? That doesn't sound like the Huntress. I've seen lots of moments when she almost killed someone but another hero always intervenes. Is this something from the later BoP series?

I'm guessing she got a reboot after Crisis on Infinite Earths.

batman6171213el1.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.