RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Monthly fees also include things like server maintenance and customer support. It is a service, after all.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

To me it looks like a reskinned WoW.
Which is excellent news, as WoW was already a very good game, but Star Wars as a setting is much more interesting than Azeroth.

One thing you can't see from screenshots is the extensive voice over work, you'd have to play the game to experience the difference, and from what I've learned through official gameplay videos it does bring a whole new level to the immersion (i.e. fun).

For anyone interested in that Star Wars MMORPG:

http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06/star-...creenshots.html

Lots and lots of screenshots from the closed beta.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/...lic-a-WoW-Clone

Which is excellent news, as WoW was already a very good game.

Statements like this, they're the moments that I realise I am amongst rats. Which, when you understand WoW's basic psychological principle, makes total sense.

*tap a button get some crack*

Good business plan, but...*sigh* Sophistication is... Well its a waste on such people.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Well the only thing Bioware have said they want to advance as an MMO is the increase in story. They've never talked about revolutionary new game mechanics.. more about how they want to push the idea of each class having it's own unique story, how each world will have a story, and how to really get the full experience of the universe people will be playing multiple classes over time to gain that "full/different perspective".

There does seem to be that odd mix of folks on the TOR forums who are either hard core mmo players.. and people who couldn't care less about the mmo and are seeing it as a continuation of Kotor, and they want to pretty much solo the game/story.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Statements like this, they're the moments that I realise I am amongst rats. Which, when you understand WoW's basic psychological principle, makes total sense.

Good business plan, but...*sigh* Sophistication is... Well its a waste on such people.

You work on video games, get over yourself.

I hear WoW invented MMOGs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I give you 1 out of 10 for that pathetic trolling attempt. Come back with something original.

I hear WoW reinvented MMOGs.
Fixed. Edited by trulez

Heh, this just reminds me of WAR's launch when people claimed they ripped off WoW for having..action bars or the hp display, etc. Only so many ways you can show that info well. WoW did change the MMO market, I guess, everyone needs WoW numbers or it's a failure :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Heh, this just reminds me of WAR's launch when people claimed they ripped off WoW for having..action bars or the hp display, etc. Only so many ways you can show that info well. WoW did change the MMO market, I guess, everyone needs WoW numbers or it's a failure :p

I mention the difference in the Star Wars UI in comparison to the Rift UI which is a direct ripoff of WoW in every possible way.

Peter Molyneux gets new idea while boinking his wife

Jesus, what an attention whore.

First he shows Fable The Journey as a Kinect title, then retracts his statement and says it's not on rails.

Then he complains that modern games are all the same. You know, like Fable and Fable 2 and Fable 3 are all the same.

Really, Molyneux just needs to shut up and deliver something that isn't totally gimmicky and overrated.

Then he complains that modern games are all the same. You know, like Fable and Fable 2 and Fable 3 are all the same.

I resent that comment Fable 2 and 3 are utter crap, and Fable is slightly less crappy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

First he shows Fable The Journey as a Kinect title, then retracts his statement and says it's not on rails.

Really, Molyneux just needs to shut up and deliver something that isn't totally gimmicky and overrated.

I don't think he retracted any real statements about The Journey. I think he said he regretted how the demo was presented.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I don't think that's possible because if so, it would've happened already. The bigger problem is all of the people out there who buy up his crap and then whine that they've been lied to afterwards. It happened after every Fable release and it's kind of hilarious.

You're amusing.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Gearbox could have made a Blade Runner game

Random bit of news. I did like Westwood's game back in the day, replayed last year found 2 endings I never even knew were there, heh.