Darksun

Shadowrun

Yeah, I know it's the thing to do now ask for a revival of a series instead of being creative and making something completely new but I think, Darksun is different enough to warrant a remake. I remember posting this on the bioware forum and one of the devs loved the game but i doubt they will dabble with it. I also think Darksun was the first PC rpg where you could pretty much kill anyone which was good and bad - bad because you could kill quest givers and be screwed forever.

Darksun playthrough

564606_45698_front.jpg

I would be so pump if someone revived this one.

never played the original, spent some time with Darksun 2, loved the combat

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Darksun is interesting and something creative could be done with it - it would suit a 'revival' of sorts, though more for the setting than the games themselves. If only the D&D rights weren't so problematic at the moment.

I was talking about Dark Sun - there are different kinds of issues at work with DA, which we've discussed in the other thread.

Ironically, the Dark Sun games themselves still remain on my To Play list...

Yeah, I get bashed for wanting Badlur's Gate: Dark Alliance back.

you get bashed for singing praise to Herve Caen's Interplay :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Who owns the rights to this? Atari?

Indeed it is Atari - I know Darksun will have it's rise again but I just hope it goes into the right developers because it can be an astounding RPG with tons of depth and a bit of the open world vibe to it.

and yesssssssssss I would love a shadowrun game but I didn't think anyone remember the SNES/SEGA version back int he day..now everyone know it for that FPS game..sighs :no:

It's actually the only reason why I got an XBOX back in the day because i heard rumors of a Shadowrun RPG that would be on it.

Yeah, I get bashed for wanting Badlur's Gate: Dark Alliance back.

you get bashed for singing praise to Herve Caen's Interplay :p

The game was made by Kevin Osburn. All Herve did was approve of the idea. Herve was in favor of crappy Fallout games that screwed over Interplay, not Dark Alliance.

Dark Sun in my opinion would be a good campaign to explore in a new original game. I find the original's story too overused now.

Dark Sun was a brutal campaign world originally.

Dunno how it is with 4e but I can't imagine that Atari wouldn't want to revisit the setting in a video game at some point before 5e gets here.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see not only The Darksun along with Spelljammer and Shadowrun. I would like to see Greyhawk and Dragonlance done as well.

I miss my D&D days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Edited by Solo

Solo is not a myth to evil.

But a nighmare to the evil of the lands.

Ranger Lord Solo

Enough with the pleasantries. I must have a Shadowrun game, like the good old 16-bit RPGs. Not that abysmal turd that was the 360 multiplayer only shooter. Obs, get to it. In exchange, I will provide you guys with all the coffee you can drink. For life! I'll sell a kidney if I have to.

Enough with the pleasantries. I must have a Shadowrun game, like the good old 16-bit RPGs. Not that abysmal turd that was the 360 multiplayer only shooter. Obs, get to it.

This

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21