I'm at

Jayne Kassynder

and I'm finding the fight almost impossible to beat with Anjali. The furthest I've reached thus far is

getting the 3rd miniboss(the caster) under 10% health

. I have Lucas as my companion and I'm using run&gun tactics to generate some Focus, then I cast Pillar of Fire and/or Aura of Immolation while still running away all the time. I use the Volatile Barrier all the time and refresh it if it drops. I use empowered Inner Warmth to heal my self and Lucas when ever we drop below 50%.

At some point in the fight, usually after

the 3rd miniboss emerges

Lucas gets one shotted by combined boss abilities. The room is swarmed with enemies and I have no way of resurrecting him. At this point the run&gun tactic starts to fall apart because

both Jayne and the miniboss shoot at me while the smaller enemies swarm me if I turn around to cast/attack

. I haven't found out any tactic that would help me avoid the situation I described, and believe me I've tried like 100 times already.

I'm assuming that once

I kill the caster miniboss Jayne her self will engage me before the battle ends

, so I'm not anywhere near beating the encounter.

Has anyone beaten that encounter on Hardcore difficulty yet, and if so, what kind of tactic did you use ?

Edited by trulez

Why don't you just take the difficulty a notch down or two?

Jesus people, playing video games is not the Olympic games.

Why not simply shut up if you have nothing constructive to reply? Some people do enjoy a challenge in their games - outrageous in these times, I know.

Anyway @OP:

You're nearly there. You don't fight Jayne in that encounter so it's over after her handmaiden goes down.

That fight is very difficult in Hardcore difficulty. It took me a long time too!

You are very close, actually. Once you get the miniboss down, you're done with that phase. I recommend kiting the enemies around, and then using abilities that will knockdown (Her Power Attacks in either stance should do it) to get the enemies off you long enough to res Lucas. I also personally found Fall from Heavens to be really useful in that fight, though YMMV.

Why don't you just take the difficulty a notch down or two?

Jesus people, playing video games is not the Olympic games.

Why not simply shut up if you have nothing constructive to reply? Some people do enjoy a challenge in their games - outrageous in these times, I know.

Anyway @OP:

You're nearly there. You don't fight Jayne in that encounter so it's over after her handmaiden goes down.

Doesn't asking how to beat it on the forums kinda take away that challenge though.

Edited by Kalis

Thanks for the answers!

I didn't realize how close I was so after reading your replies I had nice boost to my morale and tackled that remaining 10%.

The other two times you face her after that weren't nearly as difficult, maybe because there wasn't a horde of melee after me making my life miserable.

Here's a nice video of the fight that I recorded:

If you can, try focus on the boss itself, I found out that clearing or keeping thin the add numbers is pretty ineffective. I've only completed that fight with Reinhart, so I can't really put any other tips. Just dodging arround like crazy. Careful you don't get your head spinning :) . And careful you dont accidentaly use abilities on the outside of the square like I did :/ .

Man, this is hard. I got through with Katarina hardcore after ten tries or so, but this is a lot harder - I can't really use the human form much at all, because of all the mobs, and run around in fire form spamming pillar of fire, but all you need is just one mistake - if you get hit by one of the knockdown attacks you're pretty much dead. I just give up on Lucas when the archon comes out. :thumbsup:

The trick to Jeyne Kassinder battles are to constantly dodge and roll away from her. Don't get too ****y otherwise you WILL DIE. You have to make sure you don't go down in the 3rd phase otherwise you will never get back up (unless you have a live partner and/or multiple people within the game.)

The way I always beat Jeyne with Anjali is to wait until she does the fall from heavens attack and drop the pillar of fire where you are, dodge away.. she will land in it. This will gurantee she burns for a few seconds. Then dodge and use ranged fireball attacks followed by hurl spears. The combination of being able to hit her helps out.

You just have to make sure she doen't hit you. It hurts. + you need to use all defensive abilities. Remember you have them and to spam them in high boss battles. IF you don't.... you will have an extremely difficult time defeating her and/or other high bosses.

2nd Phase, if you just use the same combination mentioned above, you can defeat 2nd phase pretty easy IMO for Jeyne fight.

Cheers.