DS3 questions

1. Do I really need to run from place to place? Where are the teleports/waypoints system?

2. Does the areas stays the same with new game? I mean diablo1 got randomly generated areas... will I play the same corridors over and over again?

3. Speaking of corridors does the game have any open spaces or i'm going to get claustrophobia?

4. What is the max level of a character? Skills feels quite limited (like 9?), is there a reason to play the game again on higher difficulty with the same character or is it even possible?

5. Where is dual wield?

6. What about helmets? Why do I need to watch characters faces all the time? How many armour types are there and does they really influence the character's look? Does unique items really look differently?

7. What about graphic settings? Can I set others to insane as well or it's just limited to shadows? I'm using radeon HD5850 and I don't really see half of the effect I've seen on the trailers, is this game using physx?

8. Is there a shared experience in coop?

thx in advance for your time.

Monkeylungs answered 2, 4, and 8.

3. From what I have played it is mostly corridors but you are not restricted to go one way only. I backtracked and found new a new quest or two, plus I could go to the hero crypt, but not enter yet.

5. No dual wield. The only character that has dual wield is katarina with her pistols.

6. Some armors change your appearance some don't. Haven't gotten many different armors with Reinhart.

1. Teleports occur in the Legion chapterhouses ("bases", if you will). There's a bit of running/backtracking in most areas, though. Especially if you're completing all the sidequests.

7. Just shadows, there's not much difference.

2. There is no new game+. There is no random generated environment content.

4. 30

8. There are no persistent character saves. All characters in a single game are tied to that gamesave.

2. so what should I do with my character after I finish the game? it just ends? that's it?

4. I suppose it's quite low level... how do you feel about skills? I felt like there is just not enough variety of them and every character will ultimately end up with all of them (well... they probably might be empowered in different way but still I feel like having max 6? slots for empower is again a low number).

8. So how does the multiplayer coop work?

9. How does leveling up work? I didn't really see any skip button and the level up somehow show up automatically and when it does (just as I level up) I needed to spend points, I can't leave them stacked and choose couple of higher level skills once I'm able to...

9. How does leveling up work? I didn't really see any skip button and the level up somehow show up automatically and when it does (just as I level up) I needed to spend points, I can't leave them stacked and choose couple of higher level skills once I'm able to...

Unfortunately you'll have to just pick your favourite talents from the lower tiers, it's not possible to save up. If you acquire a new companion they'll be bumped up to your level and you can choose their skills from "stacked" proficiency points.

The lower tier talents are useful, though.

1. Teleports occur in the Legion chapterhouses ("bases", if you will). There's a bit of running/backtracking in most areas, though. Especially if you're completing all the sidequests.

1. ok I've played a demo couple of times and I've noticed that there were those yellow light points that were disabled in the demo so I thought I can teleport between them is that what you're talking about?

7. I've seen on some trailers that for example the flaming sword was generating it's own light that was reflected on the character itself and the enviroment as well but I don't see it...

The yellow lights are save points. He's talking about Chapterhouses, like where you find Odo in the demo. I think the teleporter is probably that dragon arch.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

1. ok I've played a demo couple of times and I've noticed that there were those yellow light points that were disabled in the demo so I thought I can teleport between them is that what you're talking about?

7. I've seen on some trailers that for example the flaming sword was generating it's own light that was reflected on the character itself and the enviroment as well but I don't see it...

1. Those are savepoints. Teleport points will be giant waygates. Hard to miss. You'll have to quest to gain the power to activate them.

7. Not sure, I have the settings fairly low. However lights, spells, fire etc will illuminate your characters.

The green flamey sword I gave Lucas in the demo seeming to cast some light, altho with all the other lights in the game it was a little hard for me to tell if it was just from the sword. In a strange way I felt a bit like Lucas had a constant little glow-aura around him all the time to begin with.

Edit: ok I re-checked some screenies - the swords & staves definitely had their own glow. Like the special staff cast a purple glow around the head of the staff. Not sure if it's strong enough/would show up on other objects tho.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I noticed in the trailer that on the XBox 360, there were two people playing off the same console.

Does the PC version have that same ability, or is it limited to just the net? I was wondering as this is a port and all.

Yep. Local Co-op is supported for PC.