Subtitle Bug

B1MBLE

Question

Hello,

Just a small issue and hopefully one that will take only a small amount of time to fix, which I would greatly appreciate:

The subtitles during conversations with NPC's - the one's in which you can make certain conversation choices - are always shown, even if disabled in the menu on the PS3. I have always disabled subtitles as I do not wish to read what is going to be said, long before it is; nor do I wish to avoid the terrible temptation of doing so.

Many thanks.

11 answers to this question

this bug is also present on the PC version of the game.

the toggle does nothing. guiscard's random comments as you travel on pilgrims road still appear above his head, and everything that is said in cutscenes is written at the bottom of the screen.

very annoying. i hate subtitles. i hate random text appearing distracting me and obscuring the visuals.

Edited by brandysnap

the toggle does nothing. guiscard's random comments as you travel on pilgrims road still appear above his head, and everything that is said in cutscenes is written at the bottom of the screen.

very annoying. i hate subtitles. i hate random text appearing distracting me and obscuring the visuals.

Couldn't agree more.

i dont hold out much hope.

the developers silence is ignorant tbh. all they have to do is say 'we are aware of this issue and it will be patched in the future'

that takes about 10 seconds to type.

some reassurance that they are even aware of an issue, or that its not a problem our end rather than the game.

i dont hold out much hope.

the developers silence is ignorant tbh. all they have to do is say 'we are aware of this issue and it will be patched in the future'

that takes about 10 seconds to type.

some reassurance that they are even aware of an issue, or that its not a problem our end rather than the game.

They already fixed multiple issues yesterday. PS3 version won't be patched as fast since it has to go through Sony first.

im referring to the pc version

ill check this afternoon if theyve fixed the subtitles for pc at least. if they have then they are at least aware of the problem.

if they havent then it begs the question why they fix achievements and not something as simple as a subtitle toggle.

cant try at the moment, but it did cross my mind last night in bed that the subtitle toggle actually only works on the pre-rendered cutscenes.

has anyone noticed if speech in the pre-rendered (yellowish coloured) cutscenes have subtitles when someone talks in them with subtitles on/off.

ok, subtitles isnt bugged. its just badly implemented.

the subtitles toggle only effects the pre-rendered, poorly encoded, cutscenes in the game.

better design would also allow for switching off companion comment text and even the ability to switch off text in interactive cutscenes.

Can we get a response on this, please? I appreciate that you guys have been chilling over the weekend but, I would greatly appreciate it if you could inform us if your coders are going to be rectifying this obvious omission.

Many thanks.

the toggle does nothing. guiscard's random comments as you travel on pilgrims road still appear above his head,

That's altered via the "Display popup dialog" option, not the subtitle option.

and everything that is said in cutscenes is written at the bottom of the screen.

They don't appear at the bottom during the (art slide) movies, for me.

However if you mean the actual NPC dialogues...with the wheels and stuff...I just think they didn't separate the 'click wheel option' menu from the 'show dialogue' window.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts