NHL

Tale

And so begins the offseason...

Boston should be able to keep most of this team together, which is always a nice thing for a championship group.

I think the Sharks should make a bold move for a better defenseman, but I don't think they will. They are pretty locked into their top two lines. Devin Setoguchi seems to be the one guy that is tradeable and will net a good return. I also think they've got a decent option at center, they have two second line centers in Joe Pavelski and Logan Couture. I hate to think about trading Pavelski, but if it brings a top defenseman to the team, it might be worth it.

edit: Oh, and I don't think anyone called the winner in the last round.

Edited by Hurlshot

Souray was, for lack of better terms, injury prone and somewhat of a dressing room cancer, according to reports. At the end of the season before last, he publicly asked to be traded , as well as blasting management for 'pressuring him to play injured'.

As for my cancer remark, he was not the only culprit. We had a captain a few seasons ago that for all intents and purposes split the dressing room. If you were young and skilled, chances are he would lay the blame of one of the numerous losses the Oilers suffered on their feet. Souray, while he wouldn't make the same statements to the press, basically did the same thing in the dressing room. When he wasn't on the IR, that is.

It's too bad, really. His second season with the team he was very productive, and was the closest thing to a number one defenseman Edmonton had since the Prongergate situation. After that, he got injured early in the year, came back, fought the guy who put him out, broke his hand, and was done for the season.

He spent the last season in the AHL, collecting a 5.4 million dollar salary while getting 4 goals and 16 assists, or something like that.

I hope edmonton trades him for chris Drury, although I doubt Drury would play for the Oilers.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Leafs have already re-signed Reimer. I'm planning the parade now.

Seriously, I hope the Leafs can pick up a good 1C to feed Kessel pucks. I think they first have to finish re-signing their RFAs, or trading them, or whatever they're gonna do. Burkie's already on record as trying to improve the Leafs' draft position, so things should be a little more clear after that.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

So, anyone need a number one center? Gomez used to be one, I'm sure he'll be able to do it again on your team! Call now because supplies are running short, we've only got the one left in stock!

Insomniac! Good timing! I have a center for you!

Edited by Deraldin

:) Gomez. Funny how you say supplies are 'short' when talking about Gomez. Is it true that he could be sitting on Cammalleri's shoulders, and both of them could be sitting on Gionta's shoulders, and Hal Gill would still be taller?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

:) Gomez. Funny how you say supplies are 'short' when talking about Gomez. Is it true that he could be sitting on Cammalleri's shoulders, and both of them could be sitting on Gionta's shoulders, and Hal Gill would still be taller?

Sadly true, but Gill is almost as freakishly tall as Chara is so it's hardly surprising. That's unimportant right now. Remember how well Grabovski worked out for you guys? Just think about what Gomez could do for you! A real bargain for only *cough*7*cough* million per year!

:sorcerer: Gomez. Funny how you say supplies are 'short' when talking about Gomez. Is it true that he could be sitting on Cammalleri's shoulders, and both of them could be sitting on Gionta's shoulders, and Hal Gill would still be taller?

Sadly true, but Gill is almost as freakishly tall as Chara is so it's hardly surprising. That's unimportant right now. Remember how well Grabovski worked out for you guys? Just think about what Gomez could do for you! A real bargain for only *cough*7*cough* million per year!

Ermmmm.... oh wait, John Ferguson Jr is no longer the GM. Too bad.

Besides, we could maybe get Brad Richards for 7 million.

I hope edmonton trades him for chris Drury, although I doubt Drury would play for the Oilers.

No! I want Drury for the Devils! I'd love to see that guy come and play in NJ. We're set for offense, we need a strong checking line center and we're golden. Zajac can't fill that role anymore, he's too good.

" as well as blasting management for 'pressuring him to play injured'. "

Good for him. They deserve it. Oilers' management are full of scumbags.

And, why woudl you guys wnat Drury? The guy is plain trash.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

:lol: Gomez. Funny how you say supplies are 'short' when talking about Gomez. Is it true that he could be sitting on Cammalleri's shoulders, and both of them could be sitting on Gionta's shoulders, and Hal Gill would still be taller?

Hey, you can't give JFJ credit for Grabovski! That was a Fletcher trade! :ermm:

:lol: Gomez. Funny how you say supplies are 'short' when talking about Gomez. Is it true that he could be sitting on Cammalleri's shoulders, and both of them could be sitting on Gionta's shoulders, and Hal Gill would still be taller?

Hey, you can't give JFJ credit for Grabovski! That was a Fletcher trade! :sorcerer:

Cliff also signed Jeff Finger for 3.5 million/year instead of 3.5 million over three years. >_< No, what I meant was JFJ might would have bought the snake oil you're selling. Besides we already have our once-good-but-now-just-overpaid-former-Hab in Komisarek. Our quota is filled.

Cliff also signed Jeff Finger for 3.5 million/year instead of 3.5 million over three years. :sorcerer: No, what I meant was JFJ might would have bought the snake oil you're selling. Besides we already have our once-good-but-now-just-overpaid-former-Hab in Komisarek. Our quota is filled.

I was only trying to help. >_<

How about Spacek? You could use him right?! Please, someone take Spacek!

" as well as blasting management for 'pressuring him to play injured'. "

Good for him. They deserve it. Oilers' management are full of scumbags.

And, why woudl you guys wnat Drury? The guy is plain trash.

He might be able to win more than 50% of his face-offs.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Holy ****, is he crazy?!?! Didn't Philly just do their rebuild a few years ago?

If this paves the way for Ryan Smyth to return to Edmonton, I'm all for it.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm pretty worried about Richards in LA, that makes them a more dangerous team.

I'm wondering if the Sharks can pull a trade for Robyn Regehr. They want a center for him, but I'm not sure if the Sharks are willing to give up their plethora of them.

Philly's dumb. They needed a goalie but to give away arguably your two best players? seems like a bad move. IMO they should have traded an aging but stable d-man (cough timmonen, pronger) and maybe a youngster other than JVR and a draft pick for good goalie.

also, is bryzgolov even worth all they got rid of for him? I dont know much about him.

There goes most of Philly's offense. They'd have been doumb to trade pronger. he's friggin' awesome and wouldn'tget worthwhile value for his mvp norris stanley cup winning awesomeness.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

He's pretty out there, for a goalie. He put up great numbers with the 'Yotes last season. There's a somewhat entertaining video of him on YouTube, I'm just too lazy to look it up.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

There goes most of Philly's offense. They'd have been doumb to trade pronger. he's friggin' awesome and wouldn'tget worthwhile value for his mvp norris stanley cup winning awesomeness.

trading away your best D-man who's like 36 or 37 now vs. trading away your two biggest offensive threats? not much of a difference in levels of intelligence