My First Impressions(Reinhart/Kat Hard)

I'd put Reinhard/Kat hardcore but then the thread title would start to sound like something else. :p

But anyways, did some couch coop with my bro, Maining Reinhart and Kat as the second. So far, I'd say the playstyle of Rein is totally different from Kat. Rein requires a lot of setup but when he gets into the right range, his range stance can really tear into the enemy if you spec it well. Kat, on the other hand doesn't have many AoE abilities, so she's built as DPS to take enemies one at the time. She does have high survivability though, since I keep rolling her here and there rather than blocking.

We specced our characters to focus on stunning and slowing enemies, as in Hardcore you can't really take much hits. We did have to resurrect each other a few times, especially during Boss battles, but otherall things were manageable. Enemies respawn outdoors, so you could do some farming if you need some better gear if things get too hard.

There's a quite few sidequests in this game, and one of the interesting things is trying to find Deeds. We got a deed just by voting for the same options in conversations a few times. Another we got by talking to a "door". Reinhart had real funny comments on that one. I'm wondering what the other characters have to say in that situation....

If anyone got any questions, I'll answer. I'm playing this on my PS3, so no control issues. ;)

Playing as Reinhart myself. Only on normal so far, will do hardcore in co-op. I really like his playstyle even if I only played for 15 minutes. I intend to use him as a monk type character if possible. I'm still only level 1, so I haven't really gotten a good idea how he will play later on, but I really like going in close, smacking the enemy and then teleporting away. using the kb&m at the moment, but that might change soon. PC controls aren't unplayable, but they are not optimal. I laso don't like the fact that I have to stand on the loot and press E to collect it. Other than that, what I played was fun. (Still very early on, only reached first save point.)

Playing the PC version with settings maxed, runs silky smooth so far.

Playing as Reinhart myself. Only on normal so far, will do hardcore in co-op. I really like his playstyle even if I only played for 15 minutes. I intend to use him as a monk type character if possible. I'm still only level 1, so I haven't really gotten a good idea how he will play later on, but I really like going in close, smacking the enemy and then teleporting away. using the kb&m at the moment, but that might change soon. PC controls aren't unplayable, but they are not optimal. I laso don't like the fact that I have to stand on the loot and press E to collect it. Other than that, what I played was fun. (Still very early on, only reached first save point.)

Playing the PC version with settings maxed, runs silky smooth so far.

Hmm, what are you speccing him as? My bro plays Reinhart while I'm Kat, and he dies all the time in HC. I'd say his ranged stance is better, and it charges focus pretty fast. He's melee stance seems kind of lacking to me, though the lightning bolt is kind of nice in a pinch.

I'm going for high attack and armor. Also have decent agility and block already. I will give up on blocking later on because I never use it. I dodge a lot, and I mean a LOT. My intention is to build up armor, attack and momentum. Hoping to get some retribution items, but other than that I haven't really decided on abilities and talents yet. Will think about that later. Also, it might be true that his ranged attacks could be more effective, but I love playing any character that plays like a monk in any shape or form.

I'm really just messing around at the moment to be honest. I'm honestly just waiting for some Obsidianites to play with in online co-op. It is fun on my own, but these types of games are most fun with more than one player.

Edited by Labadal

I'm going for high attack and armor. Also have decent agility and block already. I will give up on blocking later on because I never use it. I dodge a lot, and I mean a LOT. My intention is to build up armor, attack and momentum. Hoping to get some retribution items, but other than that I haven't really decided on abilities and talents yet. Will think about that later. Also, it might be true that his ranged attacks could be more effective, but I love playing any character that plays like a monk in any shape or form.

I'm really just messing around at the moment to be honest. I'm honestly just waiting for some Obsidianites to play with in online co-op. It is fun on my own, but these types of games are most fun with more than one player.

Yeah I think Blocking is useless for him. Especially for Kat since she's more into rolling around and do oppurtunity shots. I think Blocking is only useful for Lucas, if you have Anjali's circle of healing under him and he can tank effectively.

However, dodging has its weaknesses. I'm in the mansion, and i'm facing enemies who use homing ranged attacks that hit you even if you roll to avoid it. I think you have to block those....

Have you played any Reinhart without your friend? I'm wondering how well he works with the AI supporting you. I want to play him as a ranged character, on normal, letting the AI do some approximation of tanking. Does your Hardcore play provide any insight?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Have you played any Reinhart without your friend? I'm wondering how well he works with the AI supporting you. I want to play him as a ranged character, on normal, letting the AI do some approximation of tanking. Does your Hardcore play provide any insight?

Well, I'm playing Kat with my bro playing Reinhart. In hardcore, we really had to work together or we would be swamped during the big fights. I'd say it'll be much harder with the AI since it just does random things rather than work with you.

That said, you could try to work with the AI. Say you take AI and equip him as a tank, then put down some traps on him while he is standing around facing the enemies.