Early Impressions Thread

Not sure how I feel about the story though- it's kinda cliched but executed well (kinda like Bioware stories), I do hope we get some more Obsidian style, more morally grey, thought provoking stuff (I really hope JEYNE KASSYNDER is more than just a big evil dark lord on her throne of spikes)

She isn't. Like at all.

She is actually pretty justified in what she did (though she went too far). And the Legion is at fault for the whole thing in the first place (Story is incredible well constructed). You can actually make a alliance with her in the end to rebuild Ehb.

Edited by C2B

^Avoiding spoilers but cool- can't wait to meet her then.

Also is

Dapper Gent, Reinhart's Dad Gerhart? I met him and kept thinking he looked awfully familiar (what with Reinhart facing him, the comparisons seemed obvious) but his Legion name is something random

Didn't get it, though I don't know if its in some hidden dialog.

If you already meet the Dapper Old Gent. Didn't you do the quests in Stonebridge? I thought they were pretty deep morally.

Favourite is before you go after Jeyne

Where you meet and try to decide to go legally after the ones participating in the mob killings

Also didn't you meet the queen/Jeyne yet? So you should actually know about Jeyne already.

Edited by C2B

No I did Stonebridge first before now heading off to meet the Queen (wanted to see Reinhart's hometown).

The quests in Stonebridge were pretty interesting and relatively grey- it just seems pretty light compared to Obsidian's usual stuff.

Nah, I'd have to disagree here. It may have not been as complex as Obsidians other stuff Edit: (Actually its still pretty complex just more accessible presented and has a lot on the details if you think about them) but it was a better shade of grey. Its miles above everything related to the legion (F:NV) for example. (Though I actually was one of the few that liked them) or even the NCR. But that probably comes down to opinion.

Edited by C2B

Played 9 hours so far (according to Steam) and I haven't even reached Stonebridge yet. There has to be something wrong with the time, which is showed at the savegame.

Could be. The timer counts really weird.

The time shown in the DS3 internsl saves are completely out of whack. I'm apparently at 5 hours on my save, but Steam says 13 hours, and I know I've spent at least that, maybe a little bit more, based on me keeping time IRL. Of course the savefile won't count the times I died and reloaded, but still.

If people reporting they finished the game in 9 hours are going by the DS3 save time, that's completely unreliable.

(I'm level 20 and halfway through Stonebridge hub now).

The time shown in the DS3 internsl saves are completely out of whack. I'm apparently at 5 hours on my save, but Steam says 13 hours, and I know I've spent at least that, maybe a little bit more, based on me keeping time IRL. Of course the savefile won't count the times I died and reloaded, but still.

If people reporting they finished the game in 9 hours are going by the DS3 save time, that's completely unreliable.

(I'm level 20 and halfway through Stonebridge hub now).

In game time seems to be correct on xbox... I beat the game in one sitting and compared the time and it lined up okay. 9 hours is fine for everything... I got just a bit over that and got the perfectionist achievement, so I did all the optional quests too.