Release Date Clashes?

So, I just picked up my pre-ordered boxed LE copy from an Electronics Boutique store here in New Zealand, on the 16th of June, which was set as their release day. I read the manual in the car, get home, put it in the drive, fire it up, CD key and everything...only to find it wont install, because STEAM has the release date set as the 18th, and therefore thinks it hasn't been released yet. What's up with that? I know it's not exactly a long wait, but it's still quite a let down considering i preordered this sometime in early april/may and now have to wait further when the disc's sitting right there in my drive..

Thats totally default with every Steam game. You have to live with that, there is nothing else to do.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Thats totally default with every Steam game. You have to live with that, there is nothing else to do.

I like Steam for a lot of the D2D style game downloads, but yeah, the fact they have conflicts like that kinda sucks :lol:

I'm also wondering what's going on with Steam. The release date for Australia is tomorrow, but Steam says it's not available till the 22nd. So what's the go? Can I not get it from Steam until the USA release date? If I go into the shops and buy it for PC tomorrow will I not be able to play until 22nd?

Also, the game is 49.99 USD on Steam right now, but I'm noticing many other full price games that are released are 79.99 USD. Does this mean the DSIII price will go up to 79.99 USD after release?

49.99 USD is a steal, but I want to play this weekend!

My supplier just called me and said my preorder is in. I'm going to collect it after work later. Talk about an early release LOL

Not exactly a useful early release though. Not like you can DO anything with it at the moment ;)

My supplier just called me and said my preorder is in. I'm going to collect it after work later. Talk about an early release LOL

Not exactly a useful early release though. Not like you can DO anything with it at the moment ;)

Not in a couple of hours ;). That's early by 5 days, which is early enough. Far enough to finish the game before the official release.

I'm also wondering what's going on with Steam. The release date for Australia is tomorrow, but Steam says it's not available till the 22nd. So what's the go? Can I not get it from Steam until the USA release date? If I go into the shops and buy it for PC tomorrow will I not be able to play until 22nd?

Also, the game is 49.99 USD on Steam right now, but I'm noticing many other full price games that are released are 79.99 USD. Does this mean the DSIII price will go up to 79.99 USD after release?

If you're in Australia taht price will be 79.99AUD, not USD, most likely. Steam region-locks the prices so you'll probably get the 80$ price for DS3 too.

I recommend game.co.uk, 27 quid (50-5550AUD roughly); I'm in New Zealand and I'll be able to download it tomorrow morning. I'm sure there are similar deals out there.

Release date in NZ is the 16th and has been advertised as the 16th for awhile now. Guess either the publisher or local distributor screwed up and put the wrong date in steam ;)

Never ever trust release dates or predictions by any of the brick and mortar stores in New Zealand. I don't know whether it's their own incompetence or the disadvantages of being such a small and remote market, but unless it's Call of Duty or something, games will never, EVER come on time.

Stopped buying anything from them 5 years ago but every time I check it's the same - their release dates are always wrong, they never tell you anything until you ask them, and then they dont' know anything. Useless.

If you're in Australia taht price will be 79.99AUD, not USD, most likely. Steam region-locks the prices so you'll probably get the 80$ price for DS3 too.

I recommend game.co.uk, 27 quid (50-5550AUD roughly); I'm in New Zealand and I'll be able to download it tomorrow morning. I'm sure there are similar deals out there.

Release date in NZ is the 16th and has been advertised as the 16th for awhile now. Guess either the publisher or local distributor screwed up and put the wrong date in steam :p

Never ever trust release dates or predictions by any of the brick and mortar stores in New Zealand. I don't know whether it's their own incompetence or the disadvantages of being such a small and remote market, but unless it's Call of Duty or something, games will never, EVER come on time.

Stopped buying anything from them 5 years ago but every time I check it's the same - their release dates are always wrong, they never tell you anything until you ask them, and then they dont' know anything. Useless.

Funny that I live in Asia and the release date we are getting is following the NZ date. Also, the PS3 copy I'm getting is R2(Europe). Guess that we got the NZ version.

Release date in NZ is the 16th and has been advertised as the 16th for awhile now. Guess either the publisher or local distributor screwed up and put the wrong date in steam :p

Nope, just bought it from Steam - 49.99USD includes DS1 and 2 which I can install now. That's a total of 47AUD. Bargain.

Ah, that's right - the AUD is unbelievably strong against the USD at the moment. You're lucky to have somehow escaped Steam's region-pricing then. :p

Ah, that's right - the AUD is unbelievably strong against the USD at the moment. You're lucky to have somehow escaped Steam's region-pricing then. :p

WIN!

Well actually the price is just 49.99 USD where all other games are 79.99 USD, bit strange?

One thing I want to know, if you go here http://store.steampowered.com/sub/7310/ in the right hand column it says Release Date: 22 Jun 2011 but in the left hand column under the hero image it says Available 18th June 2011

WTF? So when will I actually be able to install it?

Edited by Cyn!c

22 = US date, 18 = EU date. Australia should follow the EU date... though the EU date is 17th in many other places, so maybe tomorrow morning if you're lucky. That's when I'm getting my download key, hoping Steam won't block it.

22 = US date, 18 = EU date. Australia should follow the EU date... though the EU date is 17th in many other places, so maybe tomorrow morning if you're lucky. That's when I'm getting my download key, hoping Steam won't block it.

Okay so...everywhere I read says 17th. So what is this Available 18th June stuff? So people in EU and AU will be able to install it on the 17th? Wasn't the internets supposed to end all this regional bull?

To me, the Steam site says 18th, while everywhere says the 17th. The regional bull was meant to end, but Steam loves nonsense like that. Anyway, I believe there's some legal mumbo jumbo that make it difficult for some online retailers to offer the same prices across the board.

I'm hoping they'll be sensible and unlock it 00:00 on the 17th, but I've gone through game releases before, I know that may not happen.

To me, the Steam site says 18th, while everywhere says the 17th. The regional bull was meant to end, but Steam loves nonsense like that. Anyway, I believe there's some legal mumbo jumbo that make it difficult for some online retailers to offer the same prices across the board.

I'm hoping they'll be sensible and unlock it 00:00 on the 17th, but I've gone through game releases before, I know that may not happen.

Fingers crossed!

Ok good news and bad news...

Good news: It's finally letting me install.

Bad news: Despite having the dvd, it appears to be downloading about 4 and a half GB of game through steam, despite running the install from the disc. wtf.

For me, Steam says I have to wait 4 more days. *cries*

....while I wasn't initially "excited" about the release, I'm currently bored enough that I'm ready to buy it right now. But I can't. :) heheh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts