Some updates re: feedback

For the more enterprising/DIY people, this post from the Something Awful forums may interest you.

Absolutely no idea if that works, I haven't even received my copy of the game yet.

Interesting.

Also that part:

Also there is a test level called chicken island. I must play it!

Edit: Game mode: survival and a card game mingame

Cut out or will this be added in the future?

Probably cut out. Could be it will be added in a (possible) DLC or patch. Nice to know though that the engine seems to be really modfriendly even without tools.

Edited by C2B

These are game items that really NEED to be changed, many of these things are understandable for console but really should be patched for PC.

1. Removal of Shared Screen for Multiplayer

2. Removal of Shared Gold in Multiplayer (split it like in Diablo)

3. Make an actual character select screen and allow us to play with our character with our gear!

4. Make controls mappable (already know this is happening)

These are the main changes that need to be made, and honestly the hardest one is probably number 3. I think everything else should be fairly easy to patch into the PC version, heck a good modder may be able to make a mod to change some of these. I know many topics have been made about this but figured I would consolidate them.

These are game items that really NEED to be changed, many of these things are understandable for console but really should be patched for PC.

3. Make an actual character select screen and allow us to play with our character with our gear!

These are the main changes that need to be made, and honestly the hardest one is probably number 3. I think everything else should be fairly easy to patch into the PC version, heck a good modder may be able to make a mod to change some of these. I know many topics have been made about this but figured I would consolidate them.

NONE of this stuff is acceptable for consoles.

There are PSP titles with more robust character ssystems and more features for MP than DS3. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF CONSOLES. There are PSP games that don't have a shared screen in multiuplayer, don't give the host all the loot/gold in MP, and that allow for persistent character saves. PSP GAMES! The consoles are NOT the mother****ing limitation here.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

NONE of this stuff is acceptable for consoles.

There are PSP titles with more robust character ssystems and more features for MP than DS3. THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF CONSOLES. There are PSP games that don't have a shared screen in multiuplayer, don't give the host all the loot/gold in MP, and that allow for persistent character saves. PSP GAMES! The consoles are NOT the mother****ing limitation here.

I disagree. Please name a over head multiplayer diablo like game for xbox360 or PS3 that does not share an overhead screen. I definitely can't think of any. As it is there are few diablo like games for 360/ps3 but all of them share a camera. The hardware even in these consoles are starting to become noticeably dated to the point where the graphic differences have made me buy games only for PC if possible. The only games I will buy for my xbox or ps3 are games that are exclusive to them. Dungeon Siege 3 was built for console and ported to PC hence why the developers are saying now that they didn't get a chance to really work on the PC version much. Most games that are released now a days for consoles are maxing the hardware out and as such Obsidian probably decided to keep the graphics as close to the pc version as possible on console but in doing so they had to make certain sacrifices. Now PC gamers are suffering for it while Obsidian admits they have things to fix in the PC version that are not being changed in console.. this is obvious why they aren't being changed, because the console can't handle it.

I keep lurking in this thread, hoping that a mod will bring us a promise to fix co-op camera issues heh. It's seriously the only thing that my friend and I cannot stand about the game. Everything else is amazing, but a shared, tight, tethered camera with angles from nearly directly above is wretched. Please fix this before I lose my co-op buddy! Even just being able to zoom further out would be a step in the right direction. Separate screens would be soooo much better. I registered just to throw my support behind the vocal demand for a better camera!

Please name a over head multiplayer diablo like game for xbox360 or PS3 that does not share an overhead screen.

Sacred 2?

Nope multiplayer you shared a co-op screen. ie. not split screen.

I know for offline multiplayer you shared one screen.. but online I am not sure about.

Edited by Falcon68

I keep lurking in this thread, hoping that a mod will bring us a promise to fix co-op camera issues heh. It's seriously the only thing that my friend and I cannot stand about the game. Everything else is amazing, but a shared, tight, tethered camera with angles from nearly directly above is wretched. Please fix this before I lose my co-op buddy! Even just being able to zoom further out would be a step in the right direction. Separate screens would be soooo much better. I registered just to throw my support behind the vocal demand for a better camera!

Even though I don't like the tethered multiplayer I would much rather see this fixed before persistent characters are even considered.

Please name a over head multiplayer diablo like game for xbox360 or PS3 that does not share an overhead screen.

Sacred 2?

I know for offline multiplayer you shared one screen.. but online I am not sure about.

BULLSNAPS

BIG BIG BS.

The only time you share a screen is when you are playing two players from one console. Any other multiplayer each gamer gets their own screen, that is for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Too Human. Each player gets their own screen.

Sacred 2?

DS3 is the only ARPG/Hack-n-Slash/Dungeon Crawler (that I know of, but I have played quite a bit of them since I love this style of game) that uses a shared screen online.

I've been reading over the replies here and I've seen a lot of my own sentiments echoed in other posts. That being said, I still don't think it will hurt to add the list and offer my own take on things.

I bought Dungeon Siege III to play with a friend, and knowing full well that it would be different from previous titles in the franchise. I haven't tried single player at all yet, so I can't say much about it. I've thoroughly enjoyed the game so far (we just made it out of the swamp), but we actually find it rather difficult to actually play the game. Because of:

-The Camera

I play as Lucas, and my friend has tried switching between Reinhart and Katarina. Due to his desire to often be away from enemies and my desire to always be near them, we often find ourselves at opposite sides of the viewing area available to us. This presents us a variety of issues: he loses the ability to effectively dodge any enemies attacking him (since he can't move backward, and with the tightness of most areas, often can't move to the sides); I get pelted by ranged enemies that are off-screen and can't move forward to engage or even see them to avoid their attacks; we constantly get stuck on the terrain as we move around during combat, especially in dark areas where the objects blend in closely with the ground (the Crypts most readily come to mind - the stairs there were rough on us, too); with him playing as Reinhart, I also found it hard to see while he was doing his sweeping area attacks. We don't have much screen space available, and his attacks took up nearly a quarter of my screen (often the part directly on top of my character, as that's where the enemies usually were), and couldn't see my own character or the enemies through the animation; and this is minor, but from time to time I want to zoom in to look at my character or the area a bit better, but can't.

-Voice Chat

Playing on Steam, the game has built-in voice chat that we haven't found a way to disable. We both use Ventrilo on a separate audio device (game plays through the speakers, voice through the headset). Muting him once in-game works just fine, but an option to disable voice would be useful.

-Controls

It's already been mentioned that the painfully awkward controls are being addressed, so I won't bother with them.

-Blocking

This may be just a control issue, but the ability to be able to walk forward or strafe (or even just the ability to strafe) while blocking would be amazing. Rolling is imprecise and, honestly, it feels really weird rolling everywhere on the battlefield. It'd be great if I could instead approach a group of enemies with my shield out, warding off attacks until I was close enough to attack. Not exactly sound focus-wise, but it feels more natural.

-Rolling

Speaking of rolling, why is it faster than running? Why run anywhere when rolling there is faster?

Statistics Feedback:

The stats themselves are all easily understood after quickly perusing the built-in help. What is not is how much stats are actually helping you. It's impossible to judge the value of an item when you don't know how much a particular stat is going to help you.

-Menu / Store UI

The menu and store UI are all around rather clunky, but that just takes some getting used to, like it did in Borderlands (which I felt also had a undeniably "consoley", awkward feel to it with a mouse / keyboard). I don't have any specific suggestions here other than for the store: add a better item comparison window. I can see all of the stat changes between pieces, but I often find myself wanting to actually LOOK at the pieces I have on without closing the menu, which I can't do. And I don't know if you can sell back at full value immediately after purchasing an item, but we can't, we need to be able to. With multiple people purchasing from the same pool of position-adjusting items, misclicks happen.

I am serious: Obsidian, you MUST fix this. The Dungeon Seige brand has a customer base of PC gamers, not console gamers. To sell us out in order to put your product on other platforms may well destroy your reputation. Please fix this, and learn your customer before making a move like this. To most of us PC gamers, $50 is not the kind of money we gamble with: we spend it with the expectation of a good product. Can you imagine what would happen if Diablo 3 was virtually unplayable on a PC because they wanted to branch out to X-BOX? If I knew of a way to ge a refund through Steam, I'd do it. I am just holding out hope that you all are serious about fixing this and making the people who make your paycheck possible happy again. See Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II for what we want. In the meantime, I am happier playing solitaire.

I am serious: Obsidian, you MUST fix this. The Dungeon Seige brand has a customer base of PC gamers, not console gamers. To sell us out in order to put your product on other platforms may well destroy your reputation. Please fix this, and learn your customer before making a move like this. To most of us PC gamers, $50 is not the kind of money we gamble with: we spend it with the expectation of a good product. Can you imagine what would happen if Diablo 3 was virtually unplayable on a PC because they wanted to branch out to X-BOX? If I knew of a way to ge a refund through Steam, I'd do it. I am just holding out hope that you all are serious about fixing this and making the people who make your paycheck possible happy again. See Dungeon Siege and Dungeon Siege II for what we want. In the meantime, I am happier playing solitaire.

But isn't that why developers release demos and why reviewers review?

...Or pirates pirate.

There were people trying to figure out how the saves and the MP would work in DS3 for a long time. Plenty of people spoke up about perceived issues with MP long before the demo ever got released. Obsidian dodged questions about the mechanics of the game over and over. The writing was on the wall. Now the game is out and the camera, tethered MP, lack of persistent character saves is just generating negative feedback from fans and critics all over the internet.

There were people trying to figure out how the saves and the MP would work in DS3 for a long time.

Yep. And we explained to them, over and over, how it worked. And apparently some still bought the game and now complain about the thing we warned them about. Hypocrits.

Sacred 2?

The only time you share a screen is when you are playing two players from one console. Any other multiplayer each gamer gets their own screen, that is for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Too Human. Each player gets their own screen.

I'm with MonkeyLungs on this one. I'm pretty sure Sacred 2 is seperate screen for online.

Obviously local is going to be shared. Split screen on local games just wouldn't work.

Honestly the camera is bad enough single player. I understand that the skyboxes are rendered so we can't make the camera more horizontal... But what about simply zooming out? DSIII seriously made me go re-install Titan Quest, and the camera is perfect there. Let me zoom out more.

I just think this should be like a gaming law: The only time you are forced to share a screen when playing games is when the gamers are sharing a machine. This should just be a development maxim that cannot be broken.

Agreed.

To be honest, the only time I've ever seen online "shared screen" gaming was with a board game, like chess. It really is puzzling to me why this path was chosen. =P

i just go into the swamp and the camera is the worst ive seen it so far..every time i go around a corner it seems to zoom in almost to the ground..

and another thing really bugs me is im using lucas..i use his two handed stance %90 of the time..it never fail that after a conversation or even after coming out of the inventory he is automatically set to his one handed stance..its irritating and has caused me some trouble a few times..

Would be awesome to have true 16:10 aspect ratio support too. I edit the user.ini to make that "true" but my mouse is all off. When I click a button the click actually happens a bit off vertically. It seems strange that a PC game would be released without 16:10 ratio support as most folks have 16:10 monitors hooked up to their PC rather than 16:9 ones or TVs.

Thanks for this great game and keep up the good work!

I would just like to point out three bugs that I just discovered. I'm playing as Lucas, on hardcore difficulty. Here are my problems :

- Reinhart's (so the fourth companion) 'Equip' screen is extremely bugged : it shows the characteristics of the equipped item on the left, it also shows the +/- when compared to the select equipment, but the characteristics of the selected item are bugged, they're not aligned to the equipped item and they only show the effects that the equipped item doesn't have!

- It seems that the Empowered version of Lucas' 'Heroic Charge' is bugged and doesn't have the effects advertised. Most notably, the damages aren't augmented.

- Katarina often walks when coming to resurrect me! I don't think I ever had that problem with Anjali!

- The savepoint just before the

Improved Automaton boss fight in the Crypt is bugged : there are always enemies around you when you load the point! It was very frustrating for me because the boss fight itself was hard, and beating up twenty enemies including five bomb-throwing goblings, three Arithmancy mages with their high-damage Triangle Spell and an automaton just before became really frustrating.

Edited by Sannom