Some updates re: feedback

I've put a few hours into the game, single player is good, however everything went south quickly when i started a private mulitplayer game with a friend.

The major thing I noticed was that the players basically have a shared view and are basically leashed to one another should they want to go anywhere. This really broke the game for me. In DS1, as a group we could walk around and quickly learned that we should be sticking together if we wanted to succeed.

However forcing the players to move together on the same screen is frustrating, especially considering you can't split up to look for treasure, retreat (unless everyone is doing it, so individual healing is almost impossible), and not to mention renders all the long range combat pretty much pointless as everyone has to basically share the same space - so its melee room only.

This effectively renders half of the combat options useless in online mode - not to mention that it feels like the game is making us use 'safety scissors' because "it can't trust us using the 'big boy' scissors".

It just makes the online experience frustrating and feel very restricted - especially with any more than two people.

I've dabbled in some public games as well and have basically heard the same thing echoed there too.

Normally I don't sign up to forums, but seeing as the developers are actively trying to make it better, I'm more than happy to give some feedback. I feel that such a small thing is dragging a good game down to a very mediocre experience.

Also, I am aware that the view scrolling thing is being worked on at the moment, this is not the same issue, however, I am grateful for the little things too.

Glad that the developers are still working to make this game good, so much better than the ones that just release their game into the world and abandon it.

Thanks again.

Ok not sure if im repeating a previous post, or if this is also the case on pc... But why can't you import your own character when joining another persons game on multiplayer?

Surely this game is supposed to be a multiplayer experience? Being able to have your character drop in or out of multipayer and actually keep their build and inventory (similar to how it works on Borderlands for example) would make so much more sense.

I really, really don't understand the decision to have people starting a character from fresh when you want to go online. Where's the incentive?

Is this something that is going to be looked into?

In regards to sharing the same screen on co-op, it would be good if, using the same PC, we could play on multiple monitors in co-op (player one on one monitor, player two on another) without sharing the same screen.

if someone doesnt have a high end GPU but if it's possible then why not add the feature?

Take advantage of what the PC can do. Not enough developers do this nowadays.

Edited by Unreal Warfare

After playing the sp for a few hours now, I can understand that the mp feels meh if the camera works the same way and is used for two players. The actual possible walk-range seems to be very limited in this case.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Does the camera zoom out a bit more than in single-player, at least? If that happens, I wouldn't mind.

It does not zoom out, unfortunaly. I wouldn't mind having to stick close to companions in mp if the camera was more zoomed out. It gets very crowded and frantic the way it is now.

It's nice to know that you are working on improving the game from feedback, but thb I think instead of just making improvements on it why not just remake the whole game more to the dungeon siege one and two style which everyone loves. Since that will most likely not happen :) it would be nice if you brought potions back in instead of the rubbish orb system crap. Since it's random doesn't help at all and you die way too many times when you could have lived through the battles with potions, having the point and click back would be nice since the whole wsad and holding the right mouse button suck in my eyes. Having multiplayer how it was in dungeon siege two would be great at well. If all these improvements are made or you remake the game, then I know my money was well spent because at the moment it was not worth it at all.

Edited by Izanag

Does the camera zoom out a bit more than in single-player, at least? If that happens, I wouldn't mind.

It does not zoom out, unfortunaly. I wouldn't mind having to stick close to companions in mp if the camera was more zoomed out. It gets very crowded and frantic the way it is now.

Aye, any sort of tactical combat is more or less impossible. Hell you can even shoot at ranged against mobs that is not on the screen and still hit them because the game knows where they are - You just don't get to see them!

Each player needs to have his own screen, so we don't have to run around like dogs - leached to one another.

The Couch gaming thing is great; much better than having a split screen while playing this game with a friend but when that isn't the case I would say give the person a screen of their own. Although, to be a backseat developer still keep a leash on how far the players can be on each other but keep it at a respectable distance.

Nice to know that you're listening to the feedback, it's good to know that the team is not ignoring the reception (which is something that I confess I feared, seeing your reaction to the demo's comments here).

That said.. well, I'll go quote for quote:

Team, you are all class.

As far as that kind of line by line response goes, I'm flabbergasted.

I'm obviously of another generation I guess.

Me and a good friend had a great time with the game today. We were bugged by a couple of things, controls not ideal on PC, keeping all party to 1 screen.

Those things faded quickly (though I think I have a friend that will be very annoyed by the second of these).

Anyway, good quick reaction. Great game.

Cheers!

After beatin the Singlleplayer i directly hosted a Online Game because of the Longtime Motivation and of course having fun with other people enyoing the same gam.

But this Multiplayer Experience is everything but no fun. Shared Screen is totaly annoiyng, Character Wipe after Quitting ( Non-Host) makes it feel Pointless and wasting of Time for them.

Od course i could start another SP Game with an Alt. but that seems pointless for me without Friends that can share the Experience with you too.

I realy hope they will fix this on Pc because it dont seems to be Impssible to do and it would make the Multiplayer more than a 100% funny and more enyoable.

Togheter we are stronger? I feel alot stronger in Singleplayer *cough

Character isn't wiped, when your friends join you again the characters and their XP/equipment is still there. You can't take the characters outside of that game though, if that's what you mean.

Character isn't wiped, when your friends join you again the characters and their XP/equipment is still there. You can't take the characters outside of that game though, if that's what you mean.

Ok, i didnt notice this yet but will his/her Character be saved on the Host

Edited by Palmtop

I haven't tried co-op much myself, but based on official info, (1) the character is saved as long as the game is saved, yes. (2) another person could come in your stead and play your character. This can be both a good thing ('hotseat' MP) and a bad thing (you didn't want someone else messing).

Not sure what you mean by not being able to pick a class, as far as I know you pick who you play when you join?

Every time you host a new game, that is a new campaign and a new savefile (just like how it would work in single player). Each game has its own characters.

Change key repmappin settnings so people can do their own setup of key repmappin on the PC, I want to use the UP ARROW key to move forwards and the DOWN ARROW key to move backwards, I never use the W S keys to move in a PC GAME.

Edited by seville57

Change key repmappin settnings so people can do their own setup of key repmappin on the PC, I want to use the UP ARROW key to move forwards and the DOWN ARROW key to move backwards, I never use the W S keys to move in a PC GAME.

they still work on that and it will may be include in the upcomming patch

steini from the trophies thread reports that they are not earned in the multiplayer for the host. Since this was pretty clearly stated to not be the case... Is this a bug and can you guys fix it together with the other Trophie/Achievments related problems?

they still work on that and it will may be include in the upcomming patch

OK, sounds good, I hope they can fix this joke of console port to a real PC GAME.

Edited by seville57

Can someone tell me where I should post a problem I have with the game? It simply won't launch, when I click on the 'Play' button in Steam, I have the hour-glass icon for a few seconds, then it disappears and the game never starts. Also, each time I do a check of the local cache, Steam always find something wrong with it and re-download a small file. I tried the 'pass everything to english' thing, it didn't work. I use a laptop with a version of Windows that isn't the one sold with the computer.

CPU : Intel® Core2 CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHz

Graphic Card : Radeon Mobility X1600

What do you guys mean by "shared screen" for multiplayer? Does it mean that you can never go further from your co-op buddy than one screen??

I remember trying to play Mercenaries 2 with my cousin, but it sucked because the game would not let us be more than 500 meters away from each other. Totally destroyed the usefulness of helicopters and planes.. One screen?! You have got to be kidding me.

Also, I am left-handed. Reading about no keymapping is really disheartening.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a post to let you all know that we're reading everything (yes, even Matt-C's posts) that's being posted and we're working to fix some of the issues that people have brought up for the retail release of the game. Here's some things we're working on now:

First, with regards to the PC Version:

• We're looking at making it so that A and D rotate the camera in the same direction regardless of whether you walk forwards or backwards.
  • We're looking at defaulting the Camera Auto-Orient option off, since many players report that this is frustrating. It will still remain as an option in the menu for those of you who like it.
  • We've fixed a few startup crashes that happen to people running the game while running windows in specific other locales (Czech, Ukrainian, etc.) not specifically supported by localizations of the game. This fix has already gone out for the demo and will be included in the release version.
  • We're working with AMD on an issue reported here that causes graphical issues when forcing AA on via the Catalyst Control Center on AMD cards. A temporary workaround is to use Application Settings for AA rather than overriding them.

We're also considering some other, larger control improvements for the PC version, but I don't have an ETA on them yet.

Second - as Jean-Eric posted in one of the threads on the game, we've identified and fixed a last-minute bug that was causing our textures to appear blurred out. This should dramatically improve the visual quality of the released game.

Third, there are some structural and plot criticisms related to the demo that aren't as much an issue with the "real" game, so I wanted to highlight some differences between the demo and the full game:

• In the demo, many of the sidequests were removed from Raven's Rill as compared with the full game. This is partly what contributes to the sense that the game is ultra-linear. This is specifically related to the demo, obviously. Note that this is in addition to the things that actually *say* they were removed from the demo.
  • The demo levels your character up higher than normal to show you more abilities, which has the side effect of making combat *really* easy.
  • The story is substantially more complex than what you're lead to believe from the demo. You learn more about the complexities of character's motivations later in the game, and while the story does begin with a relatively simple, uncomplicated goal (stop JEYNE KASSYNDER!) there's a lot more complexity revealed later. So I wouldn't really judge the story of the entire game from what you see in the demo.

Thanks for your feedback, positive or otherwise, and we're listening and fixing what we can. We hope you guys enjoy the game when it comes out (soon, now!)

Edit (6/16): We're planning on adding Keybinding support in a patch, due soon. See page 2 for full post.

is there going to be any changes for the online mp so that people can at least level up and keep loot (if not go through the story line this at least needs to be so, so there is a point to play online with friends/play co-op