How do u get better loot?

Hey just wondering do u get better drops if u play with a full game online then if u would play alone? also how does boss killing work online co-op i mean if u play story with a friend u get saved the boss wont respawn again right or? and my last question how does the level system work if im lv1 and join a lv30 game ill be lv30 in just that game? or how do u permenantly level up to 30 no matter what game u want to join do u have to do it solo?

If you join a game, your chosen character will level up to whatever level the host is at.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So i can never keep my level unless i host? how i understand it if im lv30 and join a lv5 game ill become lv5 if im lv1 and join a lv30 ill become lv30? i dont get how the leveling system works in the game at all since whats the point leveling in a game when u can just join someone high lv and u never have to level im well confused :(

Characters stay in their respective campaigns - it's more like single player + co-op. So you don't make a single character and keep grinding him//her across different games and do boss/mob runs, etc - you play through the campaign with friends or strangers, whether from start to finish or in bits and pieces.

Characters stay in their respective campaigns - it's more like single player + co-op. So you don't make a single character and keep grinding him//her across different games and do boss/mob runs, etc - you play through the campaign with friends or strangers, whether from start to finish or in bits and pieces.
How does a completely random loot with highly variable stats make any sense in that setting ?

The reason games like Diablo have random stats on loot is because you can grind bosses forever to find that perfect combination of stats for your style. If there's no grinding in Dungeon Siege it means you're at the mercy of random stats, which can have more effect on the difficulty than desired.

How does a completely random loot with highly variable stats make any sense in that setting ?

The reason games like Diablo have random stats on loot is because you can grind bosses forever to find that perfect combination of stats for your style. If there's no grinding in Dungeon Siege it means you're at the mercy of random stats, which can have more effect on the difficulty than desired.

You can check out King's Bounty for an example of how that works (completely single player turn-based strategy game with highly randomised loot so sometimes you can never find some of the spells or complete some sets). It adds to the replayability because you will never say "I know where X and Y is let's hit there then use the bonuses to build the Super Optimum Build #1". Each playthrough becomes a bit more dynamic and encourages you to build different types of characters.

I'm thinking most people, especially on consoles, don't know what a Dungeon Siege game is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm thinking most people, especially on consoles, don't know what a Dungeon Siege game is.

But they sure as heck know what a Fable 2 game is, and as soon as they start playing it and realize thats all the multiplayer is look out....noone wants to be a friggin red shirt henchmen. Simple as that, not pc players or console players. Ofcourse this is just my opinion.

Yea, because obviously your opinion is shared by pretty much everyone who buys the game?

In fact. It is.

Well aren't you special.

I don't think its about being "special". If a game says on the back of the box "fully online multiplayer" and it has what this game has for multiplayer...

It's getting really boring listening to all the retro Ds1/Ds2 fanboys -_-

Just stfu. We don't care about those ancient games anyway. Im thrilled that Ds3 aint nothing like those crappy games.

Thanks for makin' this awesome console game Obsidian/Square. Loved the demo, Can't wait for Friday

Just stfu. We don't care about those ancient games anyway. Im thrilled that Ds3 aint nothing like those crappy games.

Thanks for makin' this awesome console game Obsidian/Square. Loved the demo, Can't wait for Friday

Dungeon siege 1, released 2002, dungeon seige 2, released 2005. Totally ancient amirite?

Very classy.

You have a different opinion than other people on the internet and don't want to have to suffer their differences ...

You can check out King's Bounty for an example of how that works (completely single player turn-based strategy game with highly randomised loot so sometimes you can never find some of the spells or complete some sets). It adds to the replayability because you will never say "I know where X and Y is let's hit there then use the bonuses to build the Super Optimum Build #1". Each playthrough becomes a bit more dynamic and encourages you to build different types of characters.
Thanks for that hint, but I've played the original and all three new versions of Kings Bounty more than once through. KB and DS loot systems are completely different.

KB has DESIGNED loot, with pre-assigned stats that do not change every time you find said item, only the location of the items change.

DS has RANDOM loot, every stat point is random and you can't guarantee to find same stats on items even if you find one with same name.

Edited by trulez

I don't tend to log in a lot to comment anymore since years, but I just can't let this go without a word.

The game is called Dungeon Siege 3, you may or may not agree with criticism but sure as hell one who plays it should care about DS1 and DS2 or atleast not insult the people who are fans of the previous games, not to mention remember that this is THEIR franchise no matter what you may think, and without those "ancient" "crappy" games there wouldn't be any DS3 either.

Get your act together and stay polite, there is no need to insult people and show in what a barbarian society we live in by flaming/trolling around.

I don't know yet what the game will be like myself, am unable to even play the demo atm, but I do know from my own past experience that if a game has no (or lacks) resemblance to its predecessors then it loses its original fanbase and has to rely on the shaky chance to get new fans, sometimes that works as in case of Fallout 3, other times (and that happens a lot more) it fails terribly and means the end of a franchise/series.

This is an universal truth for movies, books, TV series, ect, not just games.

Not the point

Well, I'd hate to see your reaction if they made halo into a TBS game. -_-

I actually would love that, but I still would understand the complains of the original fans and I wouldn't insult them over their perspective

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

I don't tend to log in a lot to comment anymore since years, but I just can't let this go without a word.

The game is called Dungeon Siege 3, you may or may not agree with criticism but sure as hell one who plays it should care about DS1 and DS2 or atleast not insult the people who are fans of the previous games, not to mention remember that this is THEIR franchise no matter what you may think, and without those "ancient" "crappy" games there wouldn't be any DS3 either.

Get your act together and stay polite, there is no need to insult people and show in what a barbarian society we live in by flaming/trolling around.

I don't know yet what the game will be like myself, am unable to even play the demo atm, but I do know from my own past experience that if a game has no (or lacks) resemblance to its predecessors then it loses its original fanbase and has to rely on the shaky chance to get new fans, sometimes that works as in case of Fallout 3, other times (and that happens a lot more) it fails terribly and means the end of a franchise/series.

This is an universal truth for movies, books, TV series, ect, not just games.

Ouch!

Great post.