Republican Candidates

Hurlshort

Why do you find Paul crazy?

Is it because he wants to bring home the troops and end the undeclared wars?

Or because he wants to shut down the privately owned Federal Reserve which prints money

out of thin air and **** up the economy?

Wals, if you loosen your tie and unbutton that top-button on your shirt, you'll get some oxygen to the brain,

and you'll be able to turn your head left and right.

J.

No, it's because if elected I'm rather afraid he'd do something psychotic like reverting to the gold standard.

Sure, he's commendable for being the sole Republican candidate who seems to legitimately believe what he says and who doesn't shamelessly pander to a certain demographic, but he's still hopelessly disconnected from reality - only in different ways from the other candidates.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Paul is grate in most fields (willing to listen, legit small government, willing to compromise) but there are a few points that make people just flip out (like wanting to go back onto the gold standard for example)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This clip of Jon Stewart talking about the media's treatment of Ron Paul made me chuckle.

Wow. i mean I think the guy is looney tunes. But blanking him out? That's properly cuckoo.

Why do you find Paul crazy?

Is it because he wants to bring home the troops and end the undeclared wars?

Or because he wants to shut down the privately owned Federal Reserve which prints money

out of thin air and **** up the economy?

Wals, if you loosen your tie and unbutton that top-button on your shirt, you'll get some oxygen to the brain,

and you'll be able to turn your head left and right.

J.

That's good coming from a guy who thinks CIA elves blew up the twin towers.

He's a lunatic because you can't take the wrold's largest economy and pretend that it doesn't have to defend interests outside its own borders. It's an infantile position, however populist.

Dolt, I never claimed the CIA blew up the twin towers.

Just because a person finds the official 9/11 theory absurd, doesn't mean he's a fan of Alex Jones.

Bombing the bejeezus out of every country that teases Mossad with a nuclear fuel rod isn't good foreign policy.

J.

The only one of those republicans that any shed of integrity is Ron Paul. The rest of them are either frauds, tricksters or bullies.

Just to put it into perspective, a great republican president from the past:

- Here in America we are descended in blood and in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. As their heirs, may we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion

- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office.

- Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah I like Ron Paul, I don't think he's got all the answers but I agree with a good amount of what he says, he'd get my vote if I weren't a pasty old worlder, the fact that most big media want him silenced is the clincher, they do not like him one bit.

Yeah I like Ron Paul, I don't think he's got all the answers but I agree with a good amount of what he says, he'd get my vote if I weren't a pasty old worlder, the fact that most big media want him silenced is the clincher, they do not like him one bit.

Aren't you in England? :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Aren't you in England? :thumbsup:

He said very clearly he is a pasty old worlder and cannot vote.

Aren't you in England? :huh:

He said very clearly he is a pasty old worlder and cannot vote.

I thought that was an euphemism :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Mmmm... pasty

large-steak-pasty.jpg

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For whatever reason we have a silly amount of dialects, Bill Bryson wrote a pretty good book that touched on it but I can't remember the details.

I'll never understand it. I've seen hotels larger than your nation. I just don't see how there's room for dialects.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

For whatever reason we have a silly amount of dialects, Bill Bryson wrote a pretty good book that touched on it but I can't remember the details.

I'll never understand it. I've seen hotels larger than your nation. I just don't see how there's room for dialects.

I could travel 30 miles in one direction and accents might change so much that I'd have difficulty understanding, or I might travel 100 miles in another direction and have a perfectly good conversation, for all I know it might be the same in France or Germany.

In other news Gingrich promises MOON BASE! :sorcerer:

I might travel 100 miles in another direction
Wouldn't that put you 25 miles into the ocean? I keed. Partially.

Yeah, Gingrich is promising pork in Florida. It's exciting. He shouldn't be trusted on it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm surprised the whole wife debacle seems to have turned in his favor. It's positive on one hand that those kinds of attacks seem to have lost their bite, and on the other hand remember all that 'moral majority' crap. It seems to me there ought to be a price to pay when a family values holier than thou candidate doesn't live up to his name.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I just do not understand this! How is that miserable bloated gasbag of a politcal caricture (Gingrich) actually looking like he might win the nomination? He would be the worst possible choice for the Repub nomination but somehow he is winning. I could understand if it were Ron Paul pulling the upset but Gingrich? This guy has more ethical issues than Warren Harding. I'm still supporting Romney and I hope he'll pull it out. He'd make a much better President than Barry O and much better than Gingrich. If Newt gets the nom I'm voting Libertarian. Between Obama and Newt we'd all be f****d either way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I just do not understand this! How is that miserable bloated gasbag of a politcal caricture (Gingrich) actually looking like he might win the nomination? He would be the worst possible choice for the Repub nomination but somehow he is winning. I could understand if it were Ron Paul pulling the upset but Gingrich? This guy has more ethical issues than Warren Harding. I'm still supporting Romney and I hope he'll pull it out. He'd make a much better President than Barry O and much better than Gingrich. If Newt gets the nom I'm voting Libertarian. Between Obama and Newt we'd all be f****d either way.

Because of the way that the primary's are set up... you have to fight to be the most extreme member and pander to the factions that'll give the most support within the party.... just to turn around and fight it out on a national scale against the current president, and trying to pander to the moderates.

Basically, the way its' set up right now, the most effective leaders and bi-partisan/moderate people who could even think of running for the presidency, are weeded out before they can even try to act moderate/bi-partisan.

I did have myself an internal laugh when my friends back home (when I said that Mitt was the only chance in hell the republicans had of ejecting Obama from the White House) said that Romney wasn't a conservative... he's a moderate, and thus they wouldn't vote for him.

Then I ended up accidently tripping their mom's "insanity" switch, and she went off about how within a year we'll be eating our own dead and everything will become mad max.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I might travel 100 miles in another direction
Wouldn't that put you 25 miles into the ocean? I keed. Partially.

I demand a smiley with a cricket bat :)

Wearing cricket whites.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.